Post Game FIGHT | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Post Game FIGHT

Whats old school about showing respect to your opponent? (Even if you hate them) That's just sportsmanship. You either play with dignity and respect, or you don't.

What's just a "little" trashy and classless? Who decides? Why not have the entire team take dumps on the oppossing logo, and after they virtually wipe their arses, they all flip off the oppossing fans? Its rivalry week. May as well bend over their mascot. Piss on the logo.

For me? If its fine to logo stomp or flag plant? May as well be fine to SPIT in their face. Ohh, but ones worse. Trash is trash. Some may stink more, but its still trash.

Fans? Have at it.
That escalated quickly.

That escalated quickly.
Lol. Not directed at anyone in particular. I just think there is no acceptable excuse.

If an Ohio state player had drop kicked Michigan for planting their flag? I'm good with that. Just taking care of the trash.

Lol. Not directed at anyone in particular. I just think there is no acceptable excuse.

If an Ohio state player had drop kicked Michigan for planting their flag? I'm good with that. Just taking care of the trash.
I’m not crazy about it either but when I was a kid I hated it when people danced in the end zone but now I like it. Times change.

Where is the line? That’s subjective of course and no I would not like it if BC did that to us, but that game was nasty and they brought it on themselves.

I’m not crazy about it either but when I was a kid I hated it when people danced in the end zone but now I like it. Times change.

Where is the line? That’s subjective of course and no I would not like it if BC did that to us, but that game was nasty and they brought it on themselves.
The line is disrespecting someones field, logo, school. Tony Smith(Ohio Hiesman QB) said they'd never allow Michigan to plant their flag on the O. I understand that both of those schools have crossed the line.

You don't sink to someones level. Cruz? No prob with that. Not premeditated, and most of us would have, too. Planning disrespect? Nahh.

Celebrating a TD? You should be happy. The intent isnt to crap on, or disrespect the opponent. That's the line that shouldn't be crossed.

The line is disrespecting someones field, logo, school. Tony Smith(Ohio Hiesman QB) said they'd never allow Michigan to plant their flag on the O. I understand that both of those schools have crossed the line.

You don't sink to someones level. Cruz? No prob with that. Not premeditated, and most of us would have, too. Planning disrespect? Nahh.

Celebrating a TD? You should be happy. The intent isnt to crap on, or disrespect the opponent. That's the line that shouldn't be crossed.
20 years ago dancing in the end zone was no different than planting a flag in centerfield. Same disrespect; one became common place while the other one is now beginning to start. By the time we’re old men, if we live to see old age that is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened much more often.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I've literally seen pictures of him in the Dome this year.
I got rid of my Twitter, so certainly possible but it always seems like he’s tweeting via ESPN stream

Agree with this pretty much all the way. If anyone doesn't think we would be outraged if an opponent tried to plant their flag in the JMA, I think they are kidding themselves. (Plus I'm not sure how well it would even work on field turf) It's happened before at other places and rarely ends well. I'm not a fan of that at all.

Just go celebrate with the SU fan section.

I'm old school. You don't stomp a logo, and you don't plant a flag- unless you want to sink below your opponents "trash" actions. Sorry. Not sorry.

I agree with not doing either example stated but short of defecating on the logo there's not much Cuse players could have done on the field to sink below the level of #6 for BC.

Just for clarification guys, I’m not crazy about the flag thing cause I admittedly would be livid if another team did that to us in the Dome. What I take issue with are the voices who are acting like we were the ones to blame in that debacle, I think BC brought it on themselves.

I also think that for better or worse (worse imo), the flag planting stuff is just the direction our society and hence sports has been creeping towards. Look at baseball for instance, it is what it is.

images

Just for clarification guys, I’m not crazy about the flag thing cause I admittedly would be livid if another team did that to us in the Dome. What I take issue with are the voices who are acting like we were the ones to blame in that debacle, I think BC brought it on themselves.

I also think that for better or worse (worse imo), the flag planting stuff is just the direction our society and hence sports has been creeping towards. Look at baseball for instance, it is what it is.
If we had just walked over to set the record straight? So be it. (If a fight broke out? Oh well.) Now folks see Cuse trying to plant a flag? Now we're viewed as the @holes, and BC just asking for respect. SMH.

Of course, we know more of what happened. ADJW didn't say a kid was spitting on us, cuz he took a higher road. (And I'm sure the NCAA was notified) . He DID have to say he didn't support any flag planting. Its why you dont cross lines.

I'd rather folks ask why the fight broke out? What? A D BAG was spitting on them? Give the kid what he's earned. Dont bail him out by sinking to his level, and making some think its on you.

20 years ago dancing in the end zone was no different than planting a flag in centerfield. Same disrespect; one became common place while the other one is now beginning to start. By the time we’re old men, if we live to see old age that is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened much more often.
You can have fun and enjoy the game without disrespecting your opponent or the game. Not to make this bigger but a general lack of respect seems to be common everywhere now and days. More new ways to show that lack of respect isn’t “better “. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Respect the game. You respect the game and it’s likely you will show others respect in other aspects of life. It’s all connected. Young high school and middle school aged kids watch and emulate the stuff they see. Sorry didn’t mean to get deep but also not sorry because it’s an important topic.

You can have fun and enjoy the game without disrespecting your opponent or the game. Not to make this bigger but a general lack of respect seems to be common everywhere now and days. More new ways to show that lack of respect isn’t “better “. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Respect the game. You respect the game and it’s likely you will show others respect in other aspects of life. It’s all connected. Young high school and middle school aged kids watch and emulate the stuff they see. Sorry didn’t mean to get deep but also not sorry because it’s an important topic.
I agree with you.

He's a perfectly nice guy in person. None of this is personal, it's just his job.
IMO he stepped way over the line in his public comments regarding Coach P. Nothing he has said or wrote since then have changed my mind about him as a journalist. I’m sure he is a great guy at the neighborhood barbecue.

Whats old school about showing respect to your opponent? (Even if you hate them) That's just sportsmanship. You either play with dignity and respect, or you don't.

What's just a "little" trashy and classless? Who decides? Why not have the entire team take dumps on the oppossing logo, and after they virtually wipe their arses, they all flip off the oppossing fans? Its rivalry week. May as well bend over their mascot. Piss on the logo.

For me? If its fine to logo stomp or flag plant? May as well be fine to SPIT in their face. Ohh, but ones worse. Trash is trash. Some may stink more, but its still trash. Why play with trash?

Fans? Have at it.
It's generally a bad idea to virtually wipe one arse after taking a real poo. You're just asking for trouble.

What if this was a Trophy Game like you see with many "rivals" and the players were celebrating with the Old Salty Tea Barrel?

How is that different than the team flag when the schools don't have a traditional prize?

What if this was a Trophy Game like you see with many "rivals" and the players were celebrating with the Old Salty Tea Barrel?

How is that different than the team flag when the schools don't have a traditional prize?
Maybe the trophy should be a flag moving forward and we can all be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom