- We are physically overmatched on Defense, but am proud of how our guys battled and held up better against the run later in the game. As BC started the second half marching down the field, I said to my son "It looks like we're about to fall apart in the second half again" or something along those lines. To my pleasant surprise, we did not and gave the Offense a chance. We still have a lot of work to do on our run Defense, but we managed to make just enough plays (Plus BC missed 2 FG's) to keep us in the game
- Agree w/ Tomcat about the continued lack of discipline with the penalties. It has been a constant in Dino's 5 years and at this point, it's not just a "happening" to quote Dino
- The OL was okay, not great, not terrible. It would be great if we can have a couple of games where we can actually run the ball consistently. By the amount of times they had a True Freshman throwing the ball in his 1st start, It's clear the staff has little faith in our run game. Similarly to the penalties, our run game hasn't been good in 5 years. The staff needs to do something different recruiting wise (Hello, Transfer portal) to get some physical players there.
- I thought Morgan had some nice plays, especially loved the nice throws under pressure, but am not ready to declare him the Messiah. Just like Parcells says you are what your record says you are, your points are what what the scoreboard says and we only scored 6 points until the game was effectively over in the end. Obviously, you have to grade on a curve with it being his 1st start and the lack of a consistent running game, but I'd still also like to see some Dillon these next few games to see what we can do.
- I think Greenwood is our biggest weak link, Hanna probably #2, but I have more faith that Hanna gets better. Would like more Labrosse than these other two for the extra size and strength he would bring to help us tackle
- This is old news, but would like to see more quick passes, specifically slants to the TE's behind the opposing LB's when they attack our running game. We need to slow those LB's down and make them pay when they don't. I actually wouldn't mind trying some of those slow Wake Forest RPO's and see how that goes
- We need to see what young WR's can do. We know what Taj and Queeley can do and they should also play, but these next few games are our defacto Bowl practices and need to be utilized to see what we have.
- Will probably have some more thoughts after I watch the condensed game while treadmilling tonight