Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2

The guy just doesn’t have it. He is a poor in-game adjustments coach. It is what it is. I knew we were not gonna pull this game out as I was watching at the game.

It is what it is. He has been loyal to us. But when you coach 48 years, most ppl win a lot of games. And that is what Jim has done. He can beat the bad teams, but a lot of the time gets outcoached. Point blank.

clark gable cigar GIF

I just do not understand why Jimmy Jr, who shoots jumpers, FT’s & 3’a with his left hand, CANNOT or simply REFUSES to finish with his left hand attacking the rim or making moves in the post. He puts guys on his right shoulder with a great/easy angle to the left & STILL tries to go up right handed. It’s simply incomprehensible. He has good footwork, but undercuts his own skill by only going right at the rim. I’m floored, he did it on that final possession… shhheeeesssh
He spun back toward the defender - not ideal.

If we played five high on that final possession we could have a layup. They over played, but we fight pressure instead of going back door. This is our worse loss if the year.

I just do not understand why Jimmy Jr, who shoots jumpers, FT’s & 3’a with his left hand, CANNOT or simply REFUSES to finish with his left hand attacking the rim or making moves in the post. He puts guys on his right shoulder with a great/easy angle to the left & STILL tries to go up right handed. It’s simply incomprehensible. He has good footwork, but undercuts his own skill by only going right at the rim. I’m floored, he did it on that final possession… shhheeeesssh
So true

Yep. He uses the spin move a lot but too often isn't feeling the defender out to know what side. He does a food job finishing amidst that but that was no Bueno today.

The pivot was great… if he goes up with the left it’s a clean look. Going up with the right completely eliminated the benefit the pivot provided of gaining some space. If you want to shoot right, use the baby hook over the left shoulder from the start.

Symir got us back in the game. He was getting to rack and making a difference on D. We simply cant win without a true pg. we need to go with kid and sit Jimmy and Buddy once in a while. Coach loves his kids more than winning which is admirable

I'm just trying to figure out where FSU is finding these 7'+ frosh to throw out here in waves every year I mean seriously what the hell

Hamilton recruiting an unheralded Big - "We will ensure you get at least 6 minutes a game from the get go and then you can earn a more regular rotational role as the season and career progresses"

JB recruiting such a player - "If you can kick ass in practice and make absolutely zero mistakes we might be able to get you 5 minutes a game. But if you make any mistakes I yank you right away and I yell at you for a few minutes. As your career progresses you might get a few more minutes - I might not blame you on the court but instead might throw you under the bus during the post game press conference. How does that sound "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom