Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

Chris takes some horrible 3's - shooters are going to shoot for sure, but shooters who take dumb shots should sit. Last night he stayed on the floor because he was engaged in other events in the game other than shooting and because Taylor looked like he wasn't into playing.
I actually thought he was taking good shots, just was missing them.

if they were bad shots Jimmy would have given him a seat.

Taylor got the classic 3 minutes and JB never gave him another chance because JB going to JB.

Actually, he put him in when Bell fouled out and he missed the front end of a one and one. Why he put him in at that time instead of Benny when we needed defense and rebounding was confusing.

I do agree that his substitution patterns have been difficult to follow at times.

Huh? Did you watch ANY of the BC game?
He was like Rak in that one, using baby hooks with each hand, some really sweet moves and counters, some hesitations, etc. Footwork was excellent.

Yeah, he struggled early in this one, for whatever reason. It happens.
BUT - He still finished up with a stellar box score., in spite of a mediocre 6-14 from the floor.
6/6 FT's, 3 SWATS, 2 dimes.

AND - only 3 fouls in 37 minutes.

I have a hard time understanding all the griping about a C who put up 18, 12, & 3.

Watch more closely. Yes, I watched the BC game, too, when he was dominant.
He still travels several times each game.

The lack of fouls is great progress.

Just watched the condensed game and at the 9:45 mark….Joes last 3 pointer, Leonard Hamilton was about 7 feet from him, literally on the court! I’m guessing coaches do not have to stay in their respective “boxes”. Haha watching that was wild!

Just watched the condensed game and at the 9:45 mark….Joes last 3 pointer, Leonard Hamilton was about 7 feet from him, literally on the court! I’m guessing coaches do not have to stay in their respective “boxes”. Haha watching that was wild!
Buzz Williams used to drive me crazy. He was always so far out of the box but it was never called.

It’s ridiculous, the number of times you see these coaches on the court like that.

The only time a coach can go on the court is to make sure the ref sees them calling timeout, IMO….because there’s human error and reaction time on the refs part - they can’t always hear it and they have a lot to watch for so might not see it.
Buzz Williams used to drive me crazy. He was always so far out of the box but it was never called.
Pitino too. I had seats behind the Louisville bench(but back a little ways) about 6-7 years ago and watched him go on the court and push his player who was in the corner to run the baseline to the other corner. And that was just the most memorable example because it was so ridiculous and was right in front of me. He was always on the court though.

I’m confused or lost. Are you sure on the time? Of Hamilton was that close to him it must have been first half since we were at that end of the court. But Joe wasn’t in the game at 9:45 and it wouldn’t have been his last 3.

I’m confused or lost. Are you sure on the time? Of Hamilton was that close to him it must have been first half since we were at that end of the court. But Joe wasn’t in the game at 9:45 and it wouldn’t have been his last 3.
9:45 into the 10 minute condensed game….so his 3 pointer basically right at the end of the game. Hamilton is legit on the Cuse side of half court. It’s hilarious

9:45 into the 10 minute condensed game….so his 3 pointer basically right at the end of the game. Hamilton is legit on the Cuse side of half court. It’s hilarious

Ha. Yea he’s not just on the court but past mid court.

I think Hamilton was starting his walk to shake hands - he was at mid court the last handful of seconds of the game.

Nah. There was 54 seconds left when Girard hit that 3 and Hamilton was out there a few seconds prior.

Actually, he put him in when Bell fouled out and he missed the front end of a one and one. Why he put him in at that time instead of Benny when we needed defense and rebounding was confusing.

I do agree that his substitution patterns have been difficult to follow at times.
JB put Taylor in after he had been sitting all but a few minutes played in the first half. So you can’t be but so surprised he might be a little cold and miss.

And 1-9! Please. At some point a real coach would’ve said maybe I should at least try that player who is shooting over 45% from three and was 3/3 last game. And why in the world would you play Benny at all when EVERYBODY knows he’s transferring after this season (and rightfully so). Why would you take valuable playing time away from Malik and other players who hopefully haven’t already decided to leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom