Postgame Thoughts… GT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… GT

*shrug*

honestly shouldnt even be a point of discussion anymore.
it’d be like saying “LOUIE MCCROSKY IS NOT HAPPY” back in the day.
And he wasn’t.

This might be unpopular take but screw it...its reality and I’ve been tip toeing around it for weeks

Everyone scared that Bell or Benny will leave?

you better believe better programs are going to be poking around and trying to steal Brown...they will be using him not starting as a sign of disrespect.

this is how it works in college basketball in 2023
Brown should be rewarded for his consistent play and be moved up to starter. We still need Bell to start so that we will have a shooting forward on the floor. Benny should still get minutes off the bench, not sure how much but he will need to make the most of it or Copeland will eat up his minutes.

I like Benny as he seems like a really good kid, but he's been given enough time and chances to improve, so if his minutes continue to dwindle and he wants to transfer, then so be it. Alternatively, he could work hard over the summer and come back without a guarantee of starting.

Joe is the only one that made a 3 and the only one that took more than 1. But I’m not surprised by that and the fact Bell and Taylor weren’t factors from 3. GT I think is 2nd in the ACC for 3pt defense. We run sets to get Joe shots plus he’s experienced so knows where to find spots. So I’m not worried that the other two didn’t take/make anything. They’ll figure it out.

This game result was why I wasn’t upset with the loss to Miami.
We are pretty solid team that is improving.
Miami showed we can play with pretty much anyone not Virginia in the league.
We will win a lot of conference games I don’t think we are a tournament team because of the nonconference results but we are an improving team.
The top five teams from the ACC will get in, as long as they play to their seed in the conference tournament. Regardless of non-conference results.

And it might be as many as seven.

Joe has this 2G at the college level and being the teams leader thing figured out now. Took a tad longer this year than expected but now that it's here it's really fun to watch.

He is setting the tone and it's rubbing off. Judah acted like he saw his role is to be Robin in the backcourt not Batman and after a rough start was great.

With the development of Brown and seeing the other frosh show up more it's a really interesting stretch run this year...

This might be unpopular take but screw it...its reality and I’ve been tip toeing around it for weeks

Everyone scared that Bell or Benny will leave?

you better believe better programs are going to be poking around and trying to steal Brown...they will be using him not starting as a sign of disrespect.

this is how it works in college basketball in 2023
Someone needs to start selling “If it’s Brown, flush it down” shirts and get that man his NIL money.

The top five teams from the ACC will get in, as long as they play to their seed in the conference tournament. Regardless of non-conference results.

And it might be as many as seven.
We have one quad 2 win, I don’t think feasting on the bottom feeders is going to cut it. Our ACC wins have a record of 5-35 against the ACC.

The "right" combination on any given night will be entirely different game to game. He has 9 guys who can contribute and that is a luxury fans have been clamoring for forever. On any given night Williams or Bell or Taylor or Copeland can and will be important factors. Going back to a 6-7 man rotation would be a major step backward.

For the first time in years, they have enough options to play 3 or 4 games back to back and have a legitimate chance to win. The ACC tournament is their only option, and it could happen.

Someone needs to start selling “If it’s Brown, flush it down” shirts and get that man his NIL money.
BTW, I can’t take credit for the phrase. Someone said it in the game thread. I think it was Westboro.

Joe is the only one that made a 3 and the only one that took more than 1. But I’m not surprised by that and the fact Bell and Taylor weren’t factors from 3. GT I think is 2nd in the ACC for 3pt defense. We run sets to get Joe shots plus he’s experienced so knows where to find spots. So I’m not worried that the other two didn’t take/make anything. They’ll figure it out.
Excellent insight here. This really wasn’t a good matchup for Bell or Taylor, because of Tech’s stingy 3-pt defense. I thought JB did a good job today by going to both Sy and Quadir early, and breaking out the press early in the first half was obviously the right call. Nice bounce-back win, hopefully we keep the momentum going on Tuesday night!

Another overreaction by the board. Everytime someone has a good game, y'all are worried about the portal. Can y'all learn to take things one game at a time and enjoy the W?
LOL, most people on here think I’m a homer and a JB apologist.

It’s not just one game. Overall, Brown has been better than Williams this season. It’s not unreasonable to suggest he’ll get poached if he continues to come off the bench.

We have one quad 2 win, I don’t think feasting on the bottom feeders is going to cut it. Our ACC wins have a record of 5-35 against the ACC.
True. A lot of our "feel good" wins this season would, in an ordinary year, be quality wins. Just not the case this year. Silver lining is, we have been so close in getting some quality wins; but, have to break through and win some.

I just looked at the standings, the league is crap this year. Yikes
Other than the SEC, Big 12, and Big 10, that’s college hoops this year. Some bracketologists have seven ACC teams in. The Big East and A-10 won’t get a ton of bids. There’s plenty of room for the ACC.

Other than the SEC, Big 12, and Big 10, that’s college hoops this year. Some bracketologists have seven ACC teams in. The Big East and A-10 won’t get a ton of bids. There’s plenty of room for the ACC.

Yeah a number of teams have struggled in conference play despite good non conference performance. Really odd year around the country.

LOL, most people on here think I’m a homer and a JB apologist.

It’s not just one game. Overall, Brown has been better than Williams this season. It’s not unreasonable to suggest he’ll get poached if he continues to come off the bench.
I knew we were in trouble when you started agreeing with us lol

What exactly hurts us by bringing Benny off the bench in favor of starting Brown? That is the riddle that just doesn't add up.
Judah was only coming here if Benny stayed. Does he only come back if Benny stays again?

I have no idea but Benny being promised a starting spot in order to land Judah had to have happened. I still think he deserves minutes but man it’s obvious who four of our starting five should be.

5 minutes in and GT was on pace to put up 136 which wasn’t likely to continue unless you are Loyola Marymount in the 90’s or Grinnell College (Div III) but somehow the zone pulled through and ended up only allowing another 46 points over the last 35 minutes.

GT’s lack of an inside game and their inability to get to the free throw line, only 6 attempts, definitely helped once the Cuse offense shifted into high gear.

Staying out of foul trouble and keeping UNC off the free throw line are a few of the obvious defensive keys to keep the next game close.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom