Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game was the exact replay of the Georgetown game. Bench played well in the first half to help build the lead then in the second half JB goes away with what got him the lead. No minutes for Buddy with Jimmy and Cole falling and tripping all over the court
Which was an exact replay of the Colgate game… except Colgate was even more of a beat down

Honestly, I have watched a ton of basketball games I have never seen such a swing in coaching from one half to another. In the first half, I thought JB coached the best half of basketball he has coached all year long and in the second half, I thought that was maybe the worst coached half of JBs career.

The difference in the game was Jesse and the corner three. First half Miami took the shots and either were blocked or they missed, second half I don’t think they took one, pump fake and drive EVERY single time. Jimmy was awful. If you looked at the numbers, Cole played a great game, but he really didn’t, he was awful until the final couple minutes.

The entire City of Syracuse thinks Benny should be playing more….especially when Jimmy is playing poorly. JB should coach the next home game with noise cancelling headphones, because he is going to hear it. So are his kids.

I mean this is basically the nightmare scenario. Every single thing that was predicted that could go wrong is happening.

And geez, imagine where we would be if Edwards didn't make a leap.

Frank didn't see the floor... cause for concern?

Can’t wait to watch an actual basketball team next season. I don’t care if we suck again just give me something remotely enjoyable to watch.

And without a player who backs down his guy from half court. Let’s play actual ACC basketball ffs.

Someone needs to have the guts to ask why Jimmy played 32 Mins at -10 and Benny was 9 mins at +9.

The team is 7-7 now. whoever is playing best should be playing. Jimmy has no history of winning basketball at syracuse. None.

This press conference is going to be epic.
It won't be as epic because it's on the road.

We really need the home media to start asking the questions that need to be answered.

#1 being 35 minutes a game for his boys isn't working, does he think they're tired?
#2 being how he feels about the roster construction and the players he has hand picked for this team, and if they're good enough to win games in the ACC?

The entire City of Syracuse thinks Benny should be playing more….especially when Jimmy is playing poorly. JB should coach the next home game with noise cancelling headphones, because he is going to hear it. So are his kids.

I think Buddy is an above-average D1 player. Should be a P5 starter or 6th man on a great team but he should have never come to Syracuse IMO.

The difference in the game was Jesse and the corner three. First half Miami took the shots and either were blocked or they missed, second half I don’t think they took one, pump fake and drive EVERY single time. Jimmy was awful. If you looked at the numbers, Cole played a great game, but he really didn’t, he was awful until the final couple minutes.
Yup, Jesse dutifully runs out to the corner, and two passes later Miami has an easy bucket because the forwards are horrific on D. But it’ll be Jesse’s fault.

I think Buddy is an above-average D1 player. Should be a P5 starter or 6th man on a great team but he should have never come to Syracuse IMO.
He's an above average shooter. He might be an elite shooter. He is an average Power 5 D1 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom