Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not an excuse for his pathetic effort on defense. He could miss ten shots in a row, but his defense is just horrible. This team as a whole has zero pride on defense.
His defense was never a solid part of his game, thats why you need to pair him with a lights out defender up top.

...or pair him with Joe for 3 years

To see an 18 point lead vanish as fast as it did and our coaching staff fail to make any adjustments is coaching malpractice. It just is. Coaches who are supposed to be elite don’t allow that to happen.

Players fault.

Don't you know this by now?

Someone made the point here and it’s a great one, but yikes where would we be without this huge leap from Edwards?

This is the ACC. On a good ACC team, Buddy is a 6th man, Joe is an 8th, Jimmy/Swider 9th. Benny is TBD. Edwards is a legit ACC starter.

All of these guys individually in the right situations could be productive P5 players, but only 1 Of them is a starter. You could argue Buddy could start on the right roster. The problem is we just have a random collection of guys who’s games don’t fit each other and they all have the same weaknesses .

He's an above average shooter. He might be an elite shooter. He is an average Power 5 D1 player.
You have to give him credit for our NCAA tournament run last year but if you take that away its pretty hard to judge him.

This is the time of year he tends to play a lot better.

Not many players at this level have the benefit of the coach tailoring the team around them and never having to worry about losing PT though.

I assume we saw no Frank because Jessie was so good and mostly avoided fouls. As far as Jimmy at the 5 at the end - “we needed shooters in”

Mods are fine. Don't blame them if you go off the rails. Just relax and critique in a fair manner, doubt you will have a problem.
Exactly. This site isn't a democracy. Just abide by the terms of service.

The worst 14 game start in 46 years. That says it all. How can the coach justify this. He must see the handwriting on the wall. His legacy is being tarnished with each loss.
I have not come close to saying "this could be the year we have a losing record", like some here for several years. But... I think it's actually, finally, a legitimate worry.

I have never seen the guards at the top of the zone just watch guys go past them all game long. They can't keep anyone out of the middle. They cruise past Joe or especially Buddy and get in to the lane, then Jesse has to come to the ball, then the passing starts and all of our players have to chase the ball until finally it gets to an open layup or three. And, JB probably thinks that is Jesse's fault.

I think when things get tough the players expect to lose. You can see it in their body language. They just fold. Happened too many times this year.
I don't see that. They didn't give up tonight. They're just not good enough.

Did anyone else notice that 23 carried the ball with that playground hesi almost every time he touched the ball? Is that a point of non-emphasis this year or something?

I have not come close to saying "this could be the year we have a losing record", like some here for several years. But... I think it's actually, finally, a legitimate worry.
In the same boat. I was concerned when we lost to Ok St and Penn State in MSG a few years ago. But this team appears to really be at another level unfortunately and doesn't have Eli.

Symir (30)
Joe (30)
Buddy (35)
Benny (30)
Edwards (35)

Cole (20)
Jimmy (10)
Frank (10)

I have never seen the guards at the top of the zone just watch guys go past them all game long. They can't keep anyone out of the middle. They cruise past Joe or especially Buddy and get in to the lane, then Jesse has to come to the ball, then the passing starts and all of our players have to chase the ball until finally it gets to an open layup or three. And, JB probably thinks that is Jesse's fault.
We doubled in the corner at the end of the game and all the guy had to do was throw a pass to the teammate standing 5 feet away for an open 3. Our defense is so low effort we can’t even cover a few feet of space or get one rotation correct.

I appreciate everything that Coach has done during his time at Syracuse.

I am glad he has an opportunity to coach both of his sons this year. That is a very cool experience that I am sure the family will cherish for a long time.

The performance of the team the past few seasons (minus a few runs in March) has gotten stale.

Things need to change, and I honestly believe it starts at the top. Hate to say it but IMO more harm is being done than good to the program with this person at the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom