Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in the game was Jesse and the corner three. First half Miami took the shots and either were blocked or they missed, second half I don’t think they took one, pump fake and drive EVERY single time. Jimmy was awful. If you looked at the numbers, Cole played a great game, but he really didn’t, he was awful until the final couple minutes.
It’s a brilliant strategy. It lead to Isaiah Wong getting a one on one with Jimmy or Cole every time. If that was Jerami Grant I don’t think that strategy would work

I mean this is basically the nightmare scenario. Every single thing that was predicted that could go wrong is happening.

And geez, imagine where we would be if Edwards didn't make a leap.

Frank didn't see the floor... cause for concern?

It's the natural outcome based on JB's construction and management of this team.

Can't wait to see another post about Quincy's 3PT% from someone, though.

This press conference is going to be epic.

Really? He'll go nuts on the refs and the press will be distracted/intimidated.

It all started with the inbounds pass with 16 seconds left in the first half. This game was lost because Buddy and Jr. we’re just dreadful. Their effort on defense is inexcusable and I would call JB on it and not let him off the hook. I would ask for JB’s retirement letter before he got back to the locker room. This was an embarrassment for this program tonight. If I was the coach tonight his sons would have gotten an earful. There is no excuse for their effort tonight.

this is 1 of those years you just want to end asap and erase it from your memory. im barely even rooting for them, im just watching it like im watching some meaningless january nba game.

But most of these losses we have looked like we are going to win. I'd expect us to play well rest of the way even if we drop close ones. Demoralizing losses like this could change that but we aren't awful.

This collapse came so early in the 2nd half it couldn't really be placed on no bench and they have good guards who hit shots and didn't turn it over people are acting like we were taking shots at our own net but Miami played very well 2H just like we did for most of the 1st half.

I don't really see us winning enough for the fanbase to be cool with running things back. 9/10 Cuse fans are going to want/demand a change. I hope we keep the winning streak.

I think Buddy is an above-average D1 player. Should be a P5 starter or 6th man on a great team but he should have never come to Syracuse IMO.
as bad as a Buddy was today, he’s not the problem ultimately.
hes needs to play with a valid Pg, a slasher at forward...to get open looks. He’s being asked to do way way way too much. It’s ludicrous

Someone needs to have the guts to ask why Jimmy played 32 Mins at -10 and Benny was 9 mins at +9.

The team is 7-7 now. whoever is playing best should be playing. Jimmy has no history of winning basketball at syracuse. None.

He has no history of winning bball period, his Cornell teams were awful. He's a good player who should be playing 10-15 min off the bench. He's getting 35+ min at zero P5 schools besides SU.

I mean this is basically the nightmare scenario. Every single thing that was predicted that could go wrong is happening.

And geez, imagine where we would be if Edwards didn't make a leap.

Frank didn't see the floor... cause for concern?
The predicted things were seen from miles away by many here, but not by our coaching staff.

hes needs to play with a valid Pg, a slasher at forward...to get open looks. He’s being asked to do way way way too much. It’s ludicrous
Yep, Buddy would be a fantastic third option on a talented team. A Ray Allen type part of a big three. He’s been done no favors being asked to be the lead guy on a terribly constructed roster.

Like I said I don't think the player is the problem the last name is the problem and he should never have come here. It causes way too many issues off the court than the benefits he gives on the court. IMO

That’s not an excuse for his pathetic effort on defense. He could miss ten shots in a row, but his defense is just horrible. This team as a whole has zero pride on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom