Postgame Thoughts… NC State | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… NC State

it's not that cut and dry, though
can't go back in time, but the game wouldn't necessarily have been tied at the end
Of course, it would’ve been entirely different.

How would we know? They got like 7 minutes total. I guess not scoring 25 points and grabbing 15 boards in that limited time proves they were incapable of contributing in that game.
well the game went from even to down 9 while they were on the floor and the nc state buckets were rather easy...they didnt look good out there, imo

My guesstimate at lip reading

JAB "I don't want to hear about those officials. I got #@$&ed from those guys too"
I’m pretty sure that’s literally what he said

need to use subs in 2nd half...otherwise they will fade down the stretch

i think it was just the bench players didnt play well this game.
Agree with both comments. Really need to give the 2nd half players a couple of minutes rest each to let us finish strong. I feel players can see the game differently if they watch for a minute or two. As far as yesterday's game, Sy, Justin and Benny all seemed to be off. We never used Hima since Jesse did not get in foul trouble but Jesse also could have benefitted from a two minute rest.

West Virginia wasn't ranked as a 3 seed in 2021 tourney?
Just looked back at my notes and I had San Diego St ranked #16 (win 78-62 on Mar 19) and West Virginia #13 (win 75-72 on Mar 21). Then loss to Houston #3 (62-46 - OUCH on Mar 27).

Agree with both comments. Really need to give the 2nd half players a couple of minutes rest each to let us finish strong. I feel players can see the game differently if they watch for a minute or two. As far as yesterday's game, Sy, Justin and Benny all seemed to be off. We never used Hima since Jesse did not get in foul trouble but Jesse also could have benefitted from a two minute rest.
Yup. Would have expected Hima to get a few minutes against Ebanezer.

well the game went from even to down 9 while they were on the floor and the nc state buckets were rather easy...they didnt look good out there, imo
Was it a line change? Hate when JB does that and then uses the same logic you did.

I don't think it was the worst one. It's not like he's not the worst player in college basketball, he's a better than average guard in a P5 conference, that's not a bad thing, but the attitude is just off-putting. When he's on, it's great, but too often he quits on the court. If he's stripped of the ball going into the trees, he quits the play and either drops his head and mopes or complains to the refs. I won't miss that part of his game at all.

I had 3-4 guys sitting behind me who were complaining about Joe during the game. They didn't even know his name (or any one else's name), so I doubt they had any preconceived opinions. Number 11 can't do that, why does 11 think he can get in there, he's not big enough, why doesn't 11 pass the ball, etc.
Did they criticize his effort when he had not one but two steals off their inbounds? His effort and concentration ebbs and flows just like everyone else on the team.

That's fine. I guess my point is that we can't screw around anymore, hence "horrifically off their game". Guys gotta produce or ride the pine. I don't think we'll see much of Benny going forward, and probably not more than a handful of minute for Symir.
I wouldn’t give Benny another minute this season. He doesn’t play hard and pouts when things don’t go his way.

I have a lot of concerns with Justin taking over for Joe next year. Even though Joe got more time as a freshman, you can't compare the two.
Yeah, he's not ready to be anointed or entrenched as a 35 mins a game starter. Very slow for a 2, similar to Buddy. Prevents them from being able to play man. Need to get a polished scorer from the portal.

Starling might be an option, he is at least avg double figures but if Judah goes pro, he would probably have to be the PG.

Yeah, he's not ready to be anointed or entrenched as a 35 mins a game starter. Very slow for a 2, similar to Buddy. Prevents them from being able to play man. Need to get a polished scorer from the portal.

Starling might be an option, he is at least avg double figures but if Judah goes pro, he would probably have to be the PG.

Justin, who is slower but stronger, should be the 3 and Chris the 2 if those are the options next year.

Justin, who is slower but stronger, should be the 3 and Chris the 2 if those are the options next year.
Wish it was that easy but Justin doesn't appear to have the ability to play above the rim to rebound and defend on the back line in the zone. Teams will lob over his side all day with ease. Chris could move to that spot but Chris having to put the ball on the floor more than 2 dribbles and a pull up is an adventure. Justin is a tweener and neither would be a prototypical ideal fit as a SG.

Good grief. He’s far quicker than Buddy.

Also, THEY’RE NEVER PLAYING MAN.

Wish it was that easy but Justin doesn't appear to have the ability to play above the rim to rebound and defend on the back line in the zone. Teams will lob over his side all day with ease. Chris could move to that spot but Chris having to put the ball on the floor more than 2 dribbles and a pull up is an adventure. Justin is a tweener and neither would be a prototypical ideal fit as a SG.

The discussion about Taylor being slow has taken on a story if its own. The metrics say he’s already one of our best defensive players. Look at the stats.

Do you think Sy is better than Judah?

I wouldn’t give Benny another minute this season. He doesn’t play hard and pouts when things don’t go his way.
Agreed. And he’s not doing anything, anyway. Give those minutes to Ajak. At least he tries hard and cares about the team.

The discussion about Taylor being slow has taken on a story if its own. The metrics say he’s already one of our best defensive players. Look at the stats.
White kids are always slow no matter what, to some people.

Do you think Sy is better than Judah?
He's been better than Judah for sure. He screwed up the Bryant game, but otherwise he's been solid up top when he's in the game. Most of his issues are on the other side of the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom