Postgame Thoughts… NC State | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… NC State

Great game. Three daughters and a wife so I had to watch it late last night after they went to bed LOL. Super impressive game. It is great to finally get over the hump against a good team made the game super enjoyable.

Hard to believe the stat they showed at the end of the telecast, that we haven't had a win over ranked team since 2021 january, more than 2 years ago.

Jesus, what a sobering indicator of our current state.
West Virginia wasn't ranked as a 3 seed in 2021 tourney?

Agree on the shot to the face. Clear foul. Wasn’t sure Joe had established guarding position, and the arm bar the State kid did wasn’t really a push, but I’m fine with the offensive. But Joe oversold it, as he’s done many times this year. Just don’t need to see that nonsense. He’s received numerous flop warnings this year already. Cut the crap before it actually costs us.
And if doesn't cost us, cut the crap because that is all anyone will remember

Completely agree. We have our own version of Greg Paulus, the irony here is gold. Perhaps, before Joe's finished he can reach that epic class Paulus meme we've all seen posted here numerous times in the past. :)
Can anyone remember any other Paulus play at Duke? Don't be that guy

Completely agree. We have our own version of Greg Paulus, the irony here is gold. Perhaps, before Joe's finished he can reach that epic class Paulus meme we've all seen posted here numerous times in the past. :)

How many flop warnings has Joe gotten this year? One? Two? And last night was not a flop. Paulus was famous for flopping because at times he wouldn’t even be touched and his flops were numerous. It’s amazing that people can watch the replay, see it was clearly a foul and it was called, and still find blame with the SU player. People are complaining about the “flop” more than the shot to the face 10 seconds prior that was also a clear foul but not called.

Officials have stopped the technicals for flopping. I haven’t seen it called in weeks.

How many flop warnings has Joe gotten this year? One? Two? And last night was not a flop. Paulus was famous for flopping because at times he wouldn’t even be touched and his flops were numerous. It’s amazing that people can watch the replay, see it was clearly a foul and it was called, and still find blame with the SU player. People are composing about the “flop” more than the shot to the face 10 seconds prior that was also a clear foul but not called.

I think all 3 can be true.

1- He clearly got hit in the face, if you dont call the foul, at worst play should have been stopped as it resulted in a turnover

2- It was an offensive foul as the player pushed off with his arm to Joe's chest. Iffy at best, imo, but fine makeup call for #1

3- Joe flailed his head back like he got hit in the face. He didn't. You don't want to call it a flop, call it something else

need to use subs in 2nd half...otherwise they will fade down the stretch

i think it was just the bench players didnt play well this game.
How would we know? They got like 7 minutes total. I guess not scoring 25 points and grabbing 15 boards in that limited time proves they were incapable of contributing in that game.

Do we win if Jesse doesn't hit the 3?

We've missed a ton of point blank shots - and slams - this year..

How many flop warnings has Joe gotten this year? One? Two? And last night was not a flop. Paulus was famous for flopping because at times he wouldn’t even be touched and his flops were numerous. It’s amazing that people can watch the replay, see it was clearly a foul and it was called, and still find blame with the SU player. People are complaining about the “flop” more than the shot to the face 10 seconds prior that was also a clear foul but not called.
Joe got hit in the chest and acted like he got an uppercut from Tyson in his prime. It’s goofy AF.

I think all 3 can be true.

1- He clearly got hit in the face, if you dont call the foul, at worst play should have been stopped as it resulted in a turnover

2- It was an offensive foul as the player pushed off with his arm to Joe's chest. Iffy at best, imo, but fine makeup call for #1

3- Joe flailed his head back like he got hit in the face. He didn't. You don't want to call it a flop, call it something else

I’m ok with calling it what I believe VT did, over selling it.

How would we know? They got like 7 minutes total. I guess not scoring 25 points and grabbing 15 boards in that limited time proves they were incapable of contributing in that game.
I'm team bench, 100%...

THAT SAID...last night Taylor, Sy, and Benny immediately came in the first half and all 3 were massive liabilities.

Taylor missed his only look, couldn't rebound, was big boy-ed like twice in a row, and was out of position repeatedly. I say this as one of his biggest fans. Bell wasn't shooting much better and certainly wasnt rebounding or boxing out at all, but i thought his defense was good to very good.

Sy took 2 terrible shots, turned the ball over I think twice, and looked like a complete spaz. Totally unlike his normal game.

Benny, Well he literally defended 0 people in the zone. He let someone behind him like 3 times guarding air.

MAYBE, i could see...
Copeland could have got Bell a breather and maybe Taylor for Joe.

But we couldnt rebound w/o Jesse and Maliq and Joe could not be depended to bring the ball up the floor at all, so Judah had to be in there.

Joe got hit in the chest and acted like he got an uppercut from Tyson at his prime. It’s goofy AF.
The hate some have for Joe is unconscionable.
First one, he got hit in the nose and/or eye. That stings and is startling. The second one, the guy sought Joe out for a forearm.
The first was incidental. The second was definitively a foul.

I'm team bench, 100%...

THAT SAID...last night Taylor, Sy, and Benny immediately came in the first half and all 3 were massive liabilities.

Taylor missed his only look, couldn't rebound, was big boy-ed like twice in a row, and was out of position repeatedly. I say this as one of his biggest fans. Bell wasn't shooting much better and certainly wasnt rebounding or boxing out at all, but i thought his defense was good to very good.

Sy took 2 terrible shots, turned the ball over I think twice, and looked like a complete spaz. Totally unlike his normal game.

Benny, Well he literally defended 0 people in the zone. He let someone behind him like 3 times guarding air.

MAYBE, i could see...
Copeland could have got Bell a breather and maybe Taylor for Joe.

But we couldnt rebound w/o Jesse and Maliq and Joe could not be depended to bring the ball up the floor at all, so Judah had to be in there.
I think I only actually saw Sy play.

But if we’re going to give credit to JB for recent efforts to pull Mintz when he goes into full spaz mode and get him settled down for later, can’t we hold JB accountable for not doing the same for his bench guys? And I’m excluding Benny for obvious reasons.

We did for most of the season, for some reason people still seemed unhappy with the results. Want to go back?
No kidding. I don’t think playing that many was the reason for outcomes, but one benefit is that during this stretch run everyone should be pretty fresh. And if needed the depth guys have all shown that they can produce.

First one, he got hit in the nose and/or eye. That stings and is startling. The second one, the guy sought Joe out for a forearm.
And Joe nearly snapped his own neck, for reasons?

Yep

I think I only actually saw Sy play.

But if we’re going to give credit to JB for recent efforts to pull Mintz when he goes into full spaz mode and get him settled down for later, can’t we hold JB accountable for not doing the same for his bench guys? And I’m excluding Benny for obvious reasons.
I get it...but who you want on the bench in the second half and when?

Judah, Maliq, and Jesse had to play.

Layups are no one between you and the basket , like a fast break.
It happened. He was going too fast. The game log has him down for 6 missed layups. One he was wide open on an alley oop and they went the other way and scored. He short armed at least 2 others right near the basket. I'm not counting the ones he was defended or fouled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom