Postgame Thoughts... Bryant | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Bryant

Justin Taylor - wow what a debut! Kid is like a Buddy Boeheim clone but much better handle as a young freshman. He has such a good strong build too, better than many of our upperclassmen and no denying, that young man is a great shooter who handled the pressure situation he was in today, so well.

Really like the adjustment made from Ajak to Bell in the middle. Chris made some very good shots from there forcing them out of their zone.

Anyone else wondering about that technical on Walker after he fouled out?
The ref warned Walker early in the game for yapping - you could tell he was watching him closely so not surprised he got T at end for his reaction

Justin Thomas - wow what a debut! Kid is like a Buddy Boeheim clone but much better handle as a young freshman. He has such a good strong build too, better than many of our upperclassmen and no denying, that young man is a great shooter who handled the pressure situation he was in today, so well.
Justin Thomas has a killer short game. Great around the greens.

So many moving pieces I don't what we are yet.

On offense, are we a two or three-perimeter shooters-orientated team, and is two enough? Or are we a two perimeter shooters who take what they can get with some motion plays; while Edwards,Judah and the other forward run a triangle?

On defense, is closing out on shooters the first priority, or creating steals? symir and Justin who is in the back line on D who's up top, can Copeland play up top? Brown and Hima go missing for stretches, and now Benny was missing for 1 game

Nah, he deserved it. He brought his ejected players out of the locker-room to celebrate and I think that is JB took exception too, and rightfully so.
Not really his place to say anything, if they don't shake hands just leave the court.

Gotta find out what the exchange was between JB and Grasso. Probably won't find out.

Jb said that two or three guys didnt shake hands and JB said something to him about it and grasso gave a sarcastic sorry. JB wanted a sincere apology.

When JB leaves we’ll lose everybody on the roster anyway, this doesn’t get better before it gets worse.

That is why need to hire someone proven with a name to hit the portal

I don’t understand what we were doing pressuring at the end. Get back and set up your defense.
Last thing I saw was pressure in that last play unfortunately.

Is there any good reason that Brown shouldn't be the 3rd option at center over Carey? Brown can play and rebound. He's physical and isn't going to be pushed under the basket. I don't get playing Carey. He should have been a redshirt this year.
Why would JB redshirt any guy on the team this year?

Is there any good reason that Brown shouldn't be the 3rd option at center over Carey? Brown can play and rebound. He's physical and isn't going to be pushed under the basket. I don't get playing Carey. He should have been a redshirt this year.

Didn't someone say that Brown got injured during the Richmond game?

He only played 5 minutes vs Richmond, 0 minutes vs St John's, and only 4 minutes vs Bryant.

My favorite was the 4 foot shot the other night that went 2 feet. I had a buddy in college that would do that in warmups as a joke to psych opponents out. Never seen that otherwise

Yeah - that got mentioned in our text thread.

Something to the effect of:
Joe just hit nothing but air from 3’ away from the rim.
Yes, you’re reading that correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom