Postgame Thoughts... Houston (NCAAT) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Houston (NCAAT)

The only thing missing that I wouldn't have minded seeing us try would of been Joe Griff and Kadary taking all the shots from midrange in the second half with Dolezeaj/Q a little closer to the bucket and Jessie on the low block, just to spark some half-court transition intimidation, but the defense wouldn't have been there, so probably wouldn't have helped, and Buddy got us here. Houston got a few quick buckets inside early in the second half.

We got outscored so partially.

This is your 4th post defending Joe over Kadary, you’re either blind or biased.
I am not "defending Joe over Kadary." I am just saying the game wasn't lost because Kadary didn't play enough.

Too many important players had complete clunkers. It happens. On to 2021-22.
This team and staff were consistently inconsistent. You never knew what players were going to perform. If the coach was going to be engaged. It's fitting we went out with one of the teams and JBs worst performance of the season...just when we were believing we might be good...truth rears its ugly head. Fun run, but program is at a crossroads as is the sport.

Yes you could.
Kadary was giving us offense. He could actually drive past his guy and get good shots.
Edwards was a beast on the glass and was active the whole time.

With all the TOs they could get rest.
Spot on. The difference between how UH attacked the basket with Jesse in the game was night and day. As soon as JaB took him out late first half they went right back to attacking the iron and went on a 10-0 run to end the half.

I listened to the orange legends simulcast during the game last night. Rosie said he’s coming up this summer to spend time working with Jesse...the kid has a high ceiling.
I have to imagine Jesse stays now. His role increased big time and Marek js gone

He passes the ball because he's probably scared to take ONE bad shot and be pulled for the rest of the game. If JB would tell him to be aggressive and do his thing then I would be willing to bet that Kadary would be a different player. Too tentative and afraid to be yanked and sit on the pine for the rest of the game while JG3 gets to take 30 footers
I can see that. I don’t know much about Richmond in high school. But what was he known for? JG3 was known for that and scoring 8 billion points and came here and turned that into nothing really compared to Hs.

Spot on. The difference between how UH attacked the basket with Jesse in the game was night and day. As soon as JaB took him out late first half they went right back to attacking the iron and went on a 10-0 run to end the half.

And that gentlemen was the game!

Appreciate a second weekend run. Always fun.

Glad Buddy got hot for a few weeks.

Wish the rotation had expanded sooner.

I honestly don't understand how Joe starts over Kadary. At all.

Feels like we were an AG block away from missing the tourney.

Very worried about the turnover on the roster.
Did people not see the horrific lazy pass turnovers that Kadary had? All three lead to fast break baskets. And its not the first time this year either. I'm not saying that physically he's not a better pg but he's not the "savior" that most make him out to be. Last night he got 23 minutes at point, Joe 20 (+ 4 at 2g), his stat line wasn't better than Joe's.

People need to be honest with themselves and realize Jim Boeheim wanted to win this game more than any of us.
How in the heck they think they know better than him on who should play and when is almost incomprehensible.
Everyone has the right to their opinion, but does anyone honestly think they know more than that guy about his team?

Terrible argument. By that logic no coach should ever be held responsible for their team's management and performance because no one can know more than the coach.

Did people not see the horrific lazy pass turnovers that Kadary had? All three lead to fast break baskets. And its not the first time this year either. I'm not saying that physically he's not a better pg but he's not the "savior" that most make him out to be. Last night he got 23 minutes at point, Joe 20 (+ 4 at 2g), his stat line wasn't better than Joe's.
What was the score at the time of those turnovers?

Horrible matchup, I'm sure jb knew it ahead of time. Very hard when you can't get by anyone.

JB knew.

Vegas knew.

Fans were salivating about the next games with Tinkle and Oral.

Tinkle and Oral are strippers in the Bronx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom