Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and...

Bell’s game is unfortunately tied to his jumper. When he’s making shots he’s locked in and when he’s not he floats. That’ll be the next step for him. Finding ways to impact the game in other ways.

He didn’t have his jumper 2nd half yesterday yet there was a long stretch when he was very focused on defense. People made note of it in the game chat. Guy he was guarding was playing up top and Bells long arms were causing them trouble.

benny came out with great energy in the 1st half, i thought. perfect attitude and style. but then kinda was lost on defense in the 2nd, overthinking and his man was scoring a lot.

as far as bell goes, no one goes pro for being a good teammate...or for cheering well from the bench...and the reality is thats why all these guys are playing basketball, to go pro. but yeah would be nice if they faked it better for the cameras, I suppose.

overall, can look at it as a good thing...puts pressure on them to perform when they are in the game. deeper team means more of a battle for minutes, means they better play well when they are in...and less casual play...which seems to have been an issue thus far in red's tenure.

The few times I paid attention to the bench after a score Bell was clapping like everyone else.

That was the most focused I have seen Bell on D all yr.. and Gt-town did a bunch of sets to try and force some switches. the whole team did a better job of not getting lost on them yesterday.

Now if he would just go attack the rim like a forward a few times a game. look what happened when Brown and Cope went to the rim and we got some nice dunk follows

Two miscellaneous thoughts:
1. Even though Benny didn't play much today, my favorite play of the day was the gorgeous give-and-go between Judah and Benny. 2:31 mark below.

2. I wish Chris Bell would be a better teammate. There were plenty of games when Bell played major minutes and Copeland played fewer, but Q still had positive/encouraging energy on the bench. Today was the reverse. Bell seemed mopey the entire game, even when the team was walking off the court at the end celebrating.

Bell has always had kind of odd mannerisms. Can occasionally looked zoned out on the bench or during plays he is not directly involved in. Think he is just kind of an odd bird with not your average personality. Don’t think it is worth reading into his bench body language and don’t think it makes him a bad teammate in any way. A bad teammate would be taking plays off and not showing effort on the court, which as others have said was not the case at all yesterday.

Bell has always had kind of odd mannerisms. Can occasionally looked zoned out on the bench or during plays he is not directly involved in. Think he is just kind of an odd bird with not your average personality. Don’t think it is worth reading into his bench body language and don’t think it makes him a bad teammate in any way. A bad teammate would be taking plays off and not showing effort on the court, which as others have said was not the case at all yesterday.
Our body language coaches have failed us again! Unacceptable. You wouldn't see this from a top tier program.

Bell just has that look. He could hit three 3’s in a row and he’d have that look.

The few times I paid attention to the bench after a score Bell was clapping like everyone else.
Some folks just gotta talk crap about the players, so they make stuff up in their head and spew it out like facts.

Yeah the bench face experts have been in overdrive this year. It’s really dumb

Although Benny's mid-range game could have hit Danny Devito in the head yesterday, I saw him make a good decision or two in limited time. It's really tricky with him. He is a good passer and can be a good high low guy or zone buster at the foul line by utilizing his passing. Sort of like Dolezaj. He could be that kind of player. But it's like he makes a decision to shoot that shot when he's flat and that is that. We've seen JJ do it too. Just head down and I've made up my mind. Have to see what the defense is giving you and do the opposite! Like a good running back. Wait for the hole sometimes. Don't commit until you know what the easy finish is. I still believe he can put it all together.

It's now 3:30 on Sunday and the situation hasn't changed.

The season in now a success!

A few thoughts:

Good to see 10 guys get playing time.

For the first time the guys played like they mean it.

But not quite seeing great things ahead yet:
the offense still didn't show enough movement without the ball
the Orange only had 7 assists...total.
the big difference in this game is that JJ hit his shots (8 for 14). Can it continue?
the Orange were aided in putting the game away by the other team (whose name I will not mention) putting up some bad and ill-timed shots.

I LOAAAAAATHE G-TOWN

GO ORANGE!

Hope BC can pull this game out against Pitino. Sucks a troll got the neutral game thread locked.

I like the series more than when it was JBs excuse to schedule a weak non conference slate with this bad team that always played us tough as the marquee game.

I want to play Villanova soon in a home and home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom