Postgame Thoughts... NC State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... NC State

Yes you are wrong.

The “island” was the designed game plan defensively all night... Edwards was not supposed to move to guard the opponent in the lane too soon... positioning wise, he was not playing it the way he was coached in practice.

Watch Marek’s positioning and timing of the exact same set up all 2nd half.
I can admit when I was wrong, but the dude was making quick decisions and turning and shooting really quickly with accuracy. If he hesitates in that position, the guy hits the free throw line jumper.

You are probably right, I was 5 beers in. But, the last play he was in, as I recall, he correctly covered the free throw line, while a player was open behind him. If that is accurate, then the player behind him is not his responsibility.
Exit: to be clear, I am now 7 beers in and I am nearly useless, but hopefully entertaining.
CuseTroop I know you liked it just on the 5 beers in

Lol. Got in for a minute.

The starting 5 mostly all sucked for the first 15 minutes of the game.
Edwards sucked worse and always has

Because they are trying to win the game too
Lol.

Because we were making defensive mistakes and it took time for guys to figure the timing of it all out.

Lol. Got in for a minute.

The starting 5 mostly all sucked for the first 15 minutes of the game.

Edwards did look horrendous, but then again, I tend to watch him when he gets in. It seemed like the same results we were getting the first 15 minutes anyway. Center turning to watch the guy behind him dunk.

Bras I assume hadn't practiced well so needed a short leash.

Give it time. He is a player.
I’ve seen enough. He is soft as baby doo and he doesn’t execute the game plan.

What is it that he has done well in 2 years?

I’ve seen enough. He is soft as baby doo and he doesn’t execute the game plan.

What is it that he has done well in 2 years?
He hustles, he gets rebounds, he disrupts shots..all while weighing 190 lbs. He is long and he works hard. He is a player.

If you think Edwards deserves playing time then I question what you know about basketball. Seriously.
“Deserves”?

Hes 7 feet tall we play a guy who is 4-5 inches shorter and weighs as much as a typical guard at center. Gotta think there’s a little role to be had there in some games. My point was more that Marek was making the same mistakes he was, for awhile and then he (and the forwards) adjusted. Kinda unfair to hammer a kid in the media like that, IMO.

Your assessment of my b-ball knowledge is pretty inconsequential.

he gets rebounds
He’s AWFUL on the boards.

I’m not gonna die on a hill of killing Jesse Edwards, I’m sure he is a good kid that is working his azz off, but the kid doesn’t do a damn thing well.

They were missing their two best guys and we trailed most of the game. We need Sid back to have a chance to be good.
We need to play our best players. Joe needs to sit.

“Deserves”?

Hes 7 feet tall we play a guy who is 4-5 inches shorter and weighs as much as a typical guard at center. Gotta think there’s a little role to be had there in some games. My point was more that Marek was making the same mistakes he was, for awhile and then he (and the forwards) adjusted. Kinda unfair to hammer a kid in the media like that, IMO.

Your assessment of my b-ball knowledge is pretty inconsequential.
Marek is 6’11... tf are you talking about?

Your inaccurate assessment of the height of a 4th year player is pretty hilarious

He’s AWFUL on the boards.

I’m not gonna die on a hill of killing Jesse Edwards, I’m sure he is a good kid that is working his azz off, but the kid doesn’t do a damn thing well.
He did do well a few games ago when he didn’t get pulled prematurely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom