Postgame Thoughts... NC State | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... NC State

Defense still needs a lot of tuning to find its different sets. Good 2nd half.

If Kadary and Joe play one on one to 11, what’s the score?

Kadary vs. Buddy?

I’m going 11-1, and 11-4 respectively.
If its possession one on one and Kadary wins the toss vs Joe its a shutout.
Kadary beats Buddy 11-6. Buddy would win 25% out of 100, but I'd say Joe would be a NO LINE vs Kadary playing a 100 times. Kind of like us playing OCC. Hard to put out an Over/Under for Joe but 2.5 points per game sounds about right.

Kadary can drive into the paint.

When you can make FTs, man does that help.

A W is a W is the saying... but can't help but think that should have been a tad easier given who Nc St. was missing.

The line was -5... it was about what it should have been

Has to give him more than 8 seconds.

“I don’t care if he ever scores”
This doesn’t apply to Richmond though
He has to not only run the point .. play excellent D ...dime up his teammates .. he also has to be able to hit threes at a high percentage or else he can’t be allowed to play more than a few minute a game

Q had two consecutive clear plays that should have been And 1’s .. ignored.. then gets called for a foul for getting stepped on
That’s going to be called a foul every time. Q needs to stop falling to the floor so much.

“I don’t care if he ever scores”
This doesn’t apply to Richmond though
He has to not only run the point .. play excellent D ...dime up his teammates .. he also has to be able to hit threes at a high percentage or else he can’t be allowed to play more than a few minute a game
Mmmm. Didn’t know they played the same position. I’ll have to watch more closely.

my post game thoughts:

- JG looked a bit quicker and was trying to play smarter (still had a few brainfarts)...2-10 is just not good enough though.

- Shot selection was a bit better. and there are always gonna be shots that get blocked or good plays by defense etc...but it is very key on offense. AG did a few crazy 3s but overall getting better. Want to see more interior passing. Buddy needs to pass better. he puts his head down and his teammates are wide open.

- 9 wins when outrebounding opponents. 5 losses when being outrebounded. stats coming into the game. first win when not outrebounding. fix this and the team will be better. #1 reason to stop playing zone, imo.

- why do opposing bigs look like all americans against SU???

- the zone is asking too much of the 5. hoping that marek or even edwards can get up on the catch at the top of the paint AND deny the pass to the short corner is impossible. Overall...the zone is giving up EASIER shots...the EASIEST shots possible. It is supposed to give up harder shots. in theory.

In practice...it gives up wide open dunks and open 3s. its not working. the defense needs to give up more difficult shots.

- the entry pass to the low post is HARD for these guys. They can barely get it into QG when they want to. need to work on this.

- can marek play with his back to basket? i only see him with the ball facing the hoop. I would pass him the ball in the low post...with the first option of passing. inside out 3s are the best.

Interior ball movement can help the offense be even better.

You know what’s funny, he is a “short” white dude that hustles his ass off and I think he is crap. Whereas, that’s exactly what I am, a short (6ft) white dude. I’m probably just jealous, but at least I could dunk.
Crap, I'm only a 5'7 white dude who could only dunk on nerf baskets... what does that make me? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

I've been an optimist all year. I got nothing left. Just hoping we don't go below .500

I've been focusing on the no losing seasons record... If we go 3-6 in the remaining games, assuming a first round loss in both the ACC and NIT tournaments, we are. 500.

The magic number is 4... unless we make up cancelled games somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom