Postgame thoughts... UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... UNC

Unless we rain 3s for 40 minutes, we’ve basically given up trying to compete with UNC because we don’t recruit actual centers or power forwards anymore.

Exactly. I can't even fool myself that we're a good matchup with them.

A loss is still a loss,good efforts and moral victories don't count

I don't have near the investment in the games I typically have. Big reason I'm sure is simply the environment. Lot of stop, start with teams. Rescheduling. Who knows what happens with this tournament. Can't wait to see how that is all figured out.

lol

Let me hear it.

Admittedly I’m pretty PO’d at him for 2 plays that showed lack of effort toward the end. One was a rebound and the other was a layup on a fastbreak that our 6-5 defensive guard should at least think about blocking (it should have been sent 3 rows deep).

It’s going to take Sidibi weeks to get his legs under him. We need help inside.

I think this team has great potential still. But we’re going to have to scrape and claw to get there.

Quincy the only SU player to play a solid game in both halfs. BB had a great first half then little in the second. Griffen with 6 TOs. We had more TOS than a Carolina team which had been throwing the ball away . The good news — we outshot them. Bad news — out rebounded by 13 on the offensive boards. We need a center.

It was good to see Kadary to get some run in the 2nd but I thought Bras should've played more. Might've helped keep Q from fouling out and he could've helped the interior defense down the stretch.

I’m pretty numb to a lot of it, but the last 5 minutes were pretty epic to see.

Pretty good effort. Buddy was amazing in the first half. Carolina took him out of the second half, but I'm sure he got a few assists. Guerrier was outstanding. We just got big boyed again. No complaints about the players.

We played hard, we fought on the boards, we swarmed them. but they just had too many big guys with size who wore us down on their offensive boards. Edwards even got meaningful minutes when Marek got his 2nd foul in the first half.

I was very happy to see Karady get meaningful 2nd half minutes, and he played pretty well. Joe didn't take any truly awful shots tonight, and hit a couple good threes in the 2nd half. Griffin took a couple bad ones in the first half, but played a more controlled, and very solid 2nd half.

I liked that Rob Braswell seems to be a viable option at forward if Griffin is either out of control, or getting crushed on the boards (4 inch height difference with Braswell out there ...).

You know, we might have won this one, but at least this was a very good effort, we were right with them the whole game. I mean, they had 7 shots on that one possession, and after that, WE MADE A RUN of like 10 points.

So, props to the team, props to the coach. Very good effort that came up a bit short. A pretty enjoyable game to watch, too. Carolina's running game brings out the best in us, it lets us open up the floor, and get easy shots in transition. Their style suits us, if not for all the damn big men they have.

Play Frank 20 minutes a game. He needs to get court time. Marek is a good player but he isn't and never will be a 5. Kid is tough but he is a boy playing against men.

we need a center.
the fact we are the ACC playing Marek like 35 mins at center is embarrassing
not faulting Marek. He’s not a center

We've been saying that for Essentially 7 years now since Rak graduated. We finally have 4 on the roster but only 1 can play actually play at this point and he's hurt more then Giancarlo Stanton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom