Postgame thoughts... UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... UNC

Carolina went on a 10-0 run once in the first and twice in the second. We tied all 3 of those.
Seemed like our defense got better when we went on runs.
Only thing bad about this game was the final outcome.

UNC got the ball to the high post with Ka

UNC didn’t beat us with perimeter play. Kadary had that one steal. Good play. He didn’t do a ton else. UNC got the ball to the high post with relative ease regardless of the guards on the court, then they went to work in the paint.
i dont think u watchd kadarys minutes closely in the second half...his d made a big difference...in the first half you are right.

Honestly I am getting tired of watching basketball games where I am constantly hoping we can hit a 3 to get us within 1 or 2 points. We can not defend, we can not rebound, most of the time we can not hit our shots and our few key players always foul out. What the hell has to change? No way in the world would any Syracuse team going back 5 years or further would have ever lost this game to this bunch of "gang who could not shoot straigth". There are players on the bench that could at least give us a different look. If after 30 minutes or so in a game the players on the floor can not make it happen, try someone else. Braswell needs to play more as should Kadary. It is unfortunate that Sidibe can not go but what about center number 2, 3 or 4? If they can not play then why did we recruit them. Sorry for the rant but I live down here in the heart of UNC, Duke and NC St land and I have to listen to BS for the next 12 months. Lets Go Orange!!!

Thought a healthy Sidibe could have helped on the boards but thought overall the interior defense was solid. QG and AG did a good job collapsing from the wings.

Offensively, there were spurts where there was a lot of wild/sloppy play (AG is still forcing too much). Also felt like there were times where no one could really be a go to scorer vs a half court offense (Ex: line up of Kooks, Buddy, Bras, QG, Edwards). Nice to see Buddy have a little streak again vs the smaller mismatch (same situation as VTech last year).

Thought JG was solid, didn't force anything, made some open shots. Kooks does what he does, although I wish he was more impactful on offense. Dribbles too much trying to penetrate, not super efficient vs a half court defense. I trust that he'll figure it out.

Overall, something to build upon. I'm just glad to see some progress after playing so mediocre all season outside of the Rugters game and the 2nd half of the Buffalo game.

Repeat of Rutgers and Pitt. Team can’t close out games.
There used to be some stat that showed how good Jim is at winning games when he's up a few possessions with a few mins left. Seems like we've lost these type of games more recently. Granted, tonight doesn't really count given UNC did lead most of the game. But still. Have to finish games. Need more leadership on the court too. I hate saying that because it's a cliche, but I think it does apply to this team a little bit.

Don't look now, but we may be one of the bottom 4 teams in the ACC before this is all over. We're down there with BC and Miami, ND. Who can we beat besides them? We are looking up from the bottom.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. We’ve been in every game we have lost. We need to close out games better. If we did that we would be undefeated. There’s talent n potential here but we are just not firing on all cyclinders...yet.

The 4 point play turnover/flagrant foul really hurt. The dribble it up and Jack a 3 without passing to anyone that’s a long rebound and foul on a layup the other way hurt. The drive and miss amongst the trees down 75-70 finished us off.

he drained the 2 good shots he took.

But, yet...he was 2-7. Because he took 3 shots that were basically turnovers. He’s gotta stop wasting possessions because he hasn’t shot in awhile.

Kadary was a ghost. He didn’t create much for others and certainly didn’t create for himself. Did some guys miss shots when he found them? Yeah. Did they do that with Joe? Yeah.

We actually have a center, he's hurt. Frank guess he's hurt too and hasn't gotten reps.

I think we beat those guys at the Dome.

We desperately need Sid. It's just painful in a game like this watching Marek.....I'd almost rather watch any of our three 140 pound 7 footers get reps.

I don't even know why as I don't think it ends up better, but I just kinda feel bad for Marek at this point and I'd prefer to be angry at those three (or maybe see some glimpses of hope) for being skinny and useless under the rim in a game like this. :)

The 4 point play turnover/flagrant foul really hurt. The dribble it up and Jack a 3 without passing to anyone that’s a long rebound and foul on a layup the other way hurt. The drive and miss amongst the trees down 75-70 finished us off.

he drained the 2 good shots he took.

But, yet...he was 2-7. Because he took 3 shots that were basically turnovers. He’s gotta stop wasting possessions because he hasn’t shot in awhile.
Yes not sure where the poster got the idea we played worse with Kadary in, meanwhile that’s when we made the comeback.

That drive to the lane to get rejected by the rim is the most Girard play ever and I expect that or him getting swatted anytime he tries to go inside the three point line.

There won't be an NIT either. Season will end with a loss in the ACCT

With COVID, the NIT will likely be canceled so it's ncaa tourney or bust and right now it looks like bust.

There is just no way you can blame Joe for tonight. We did the best we could with what we had. They had 4 guys over 6’11 and I think 3 of them were 5 stars. We only played 1 guy over 200lbs

Not sure anyone here cares how Roy looks
Seeing as how neither one of these teams are any good, there were other things to make note of.

You just don’t care about defense, do you?

UNC took control by scoring when Kadary was in on defense. We lost the lead with Kadary in the game and didn’t get it back. I like defense. Kadary’s steal was nice. Histwo other tipped passes and inability to deny the high post didn’t do much for us.

UNC got the ball to the high post with Ka

UNC didn’t beat us with perimeter play. Kadary had that one steal. Good play. He didn’t do a ton else. UNC got the ball to the high post with relative ease regardless of the guards on the court, then they went to work in the paint.
Dude, the entry pass that essentially broke our back went right over Joe's 6'0" head with his hands at his side. If Kadary is in there that pass isn't even considered and UNC is forced to jack another late in clock 3. Putting Joe in to play defense was waiving the white flag.

i dont think u watchd kadarys minutes closely in the second half...his d made a big difference...in the first half you are right.

I watched this game closer than others. His minutes later in the 2nd half weren’t a net positive.

We've played 3 conference games, long way to go.

Well I did say right now, plenty of time left but this team is so inconsistent shooting wise and without a center hard to feel great about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom