Postgame thoughts.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

Quincy saved our bacon.

Joe made a lot of big and needed plays. Still think he would be much more efficient in a different role.

The team played best when Kadary was in the game. Need his defense, passing, court sense, and ability to go by people in there.

I really don’t get Buddy at the 3 on a day when he can’t hit the broadside of the barn. The hell could Griffin and Woody have been thinking watching him out there at their spot?

I love Jimmy but I thought he had a poor game today too, as did most of our players.
Not sure JAB is liking coaching during the pandemic. Thus, all the different facemask combos. It's not easy.

Kadary should be given the keys to the car, period, at PG. But he has to get a little more aggressive. He was deferring a little too much today. He had some short range shots he has to make become an automatic two. He has to break down the D off the dribble and attack. He had another block from the guard position... love it.

Let JGIII cook off the ball. Speaking of, he had another not great shooting game (field goals), but he got to the line and had a lot of steals, kudos. Again, I think his efficiency would be much, much better off the ball and having him make the D chase him.

Buddy was abysmal and should not have played that much.

It's fun to watch Q.

Marek was ok. Missed a few bunnies that we really need to fall.

We have to be more efficient on offense and our defense just needs to improve.

With all that said, we still banked a W. 5-1 ain't bad.

The way we roll, any time we make 2 3-pointers and win, I'll take that. But of course it does show how one-dimensional our offense seems to be at this point. Who's gonna go to the hole for us in games like this? I thought Griffin was our best bet for that type of thing, but now???

'bout as ugly as they come, this one.
everyone but QG sleepwalking most of the game, and then in the 2nd half it became almost comical with the shots we were missing, esp Marek/Buddy.
Let's hope both AG and Buddy got that out of their systems, esp AG

This is the kind of stinker we have a history of playing in the NCAAT against a #13 seed mid major and getting upset. Terrible shooting, bad passing, no ball movement, and allowing an inferior team to play at their comfort level without any pressure most of the time. Thankfully we pulled it out so we escape having a terrible loss on the resume. Criticism for just about all except Q who was great.

Only 8 assists today, thought we would've moved the ball better even against a bigger team

Quincy/jg3 are why we won. Still lots to like with Kadary and he needs to be our PG. He needs to gain some confidence in his offense and be aggressive. (I think he's timid because he doesn't want to make a mistake and be yanked) Marek was so/so..nothing special but not awful. Everyone else needs to run some sprints tonight.
Also a huge assist to Joe's knee! Could have been a much different outcome if their PG didn't get injured!

Did the ACC hire the Northwestern AD, or the Northeastern AD to be the new commish? :D

Liked JG3's defense at the end of the game- sure it's Northeastern, but he has gotten better. This is the JG3 who'll eventually be the dagger in meaningful March Madness games, count on it.
QG is becoming Mr. Reliable. Marek was meh, and Kadary still looks like an advanced freshman PG who made a couple of mistakes, but impacts the game in so many ways.
For Griffin and Buddy, its a mulligan- bad games happen...you move on.
As for the HOF'er and his playing ANY player 36 mins, let alone Buddy who was having an atrocious day, I'm no longer able to express how I truly feel. So many reasons to play Woody or anyone more, but no...we won't get many reasons why that didn't happen. A win is a win- we'll take it.

Kadary should be given the keys to the car, period, at PG. But he has to get a little more aggressive. He was deferring a little too much today. He had some short range shots he has to make become an automatic two. He has to break down the D off the dribble and attack. He had another block from the guard position... love it.

Let JGIII cook off the ball. Speaking of, he had another not great shooting game (field goals), but he got to the line and had a lot of steals, kudos. Again, I think his efficiency would be much, much better off the ball and having him make the D chase him.

Buddy was abysmal and should not have played that much.

It's fun to watch Q.

Marek was ok. Missed a few bunnies that we really need to fall.

We have to be more efficient on offense and our defense just needs to improve.

With all that said, we still banked a W. 5-1 ain't bad.
Good post. Girard was a lot more effective with KR in there. Night and day.

5 of my key thoughts:
- Quincy will average our first double-double since Rick.
- Joe will have up and down shooting all year but his defense has gotten a lot better.
- Buddy didn't play well and had some bad forces. He'll have big shooting games to come.
- Kadary needs to be more aggressive on offense.
- Only 2 made threes? Pretty amazing to win.

Q was really good - he and AG have good energy down low fighting for rebounds. It's fun to watch them battle - it will be interesting to see how it plays out as we go up against bigger teams.

Eh, defense....

Agree on Buddy, he'll have every opportunity in the world to turn this around!

Kadary should be in more, and earlier. The offense is so stagnant when shots aren't falling - as we just look and wait, and wait, and sometimes wait more for the shots to start to falling. The whole "trying to get them going routine" with ISO play by guys who are subpar off the bounce could better be facilitated by a PG maybe. I don't know. Anyway, I'm maybe the biggest fan of spacing, maybe in the world, but sometimes I worry we are too reliant on the magic of it all.

True. Fairly amazing, I will say that once their PG was out they were pretty worthless on offense. That helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom