Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
  • Virginia is VERY down this year. They are not good, and won’t be an NCAA team.
  • Swider & J. Boeheim are beyond bad as defensive forwards. Nothing Edwards, Anselem, or any center can do. Couple that with two below average guards, and you have a Virginia team who entered awful offensively shoot over 50%.
  • Offensively, we get no easy shots. It’s all one-on-one or three point jumpers. Really tough to win in league at any level with such a one-dimensional offense.
  • No bench really stinks - but that’s on Boeheim. He had a bench in Newton/Richmond/Braswell plus Guerrier, and now they’re nowhere to be found.
  • Tough to see this team being much better than .500 in the ACC… except for the Pitt/BC games we will be underdogs the rest of the way.

We are what we see--a .500 team at best, middle of the pack at best acc team, forget the ncaas, not happening this year. Only goal at this point is to have more wins than loses at the end of the year. It is what it is. Hopefully JB's last year. Sometimes you just stay too long at a job. Our players, in general, are not iso players yet are being forced to play iso ball. Lack of offensive motion and defensive intensity are maddening. As a get older, luckily I don't care as much.

As of right now, do you think we are on the inside of the NIT bubble, or not even that?

The game came down to this .. Virginia got any shot they wanted any time they wanted it . Pathetic . This team has a very difficult time scoring and down the stretch they looked like Bo Kimble’s Loyola Marymount teams

This is par for the course for us. I’m exhausted complaining. This team was constructed with purpose by the coach. It’s on him.
the weirdness with the mins at point guard has gone on for 2 years now. It doesn’t make sense to me without suggesting conspiracy or other dubious means...like at all...if someone can explain it to me, please do.

I tried watching and after the first 5 mins had to turn away. We’re a bad defensive team, only made worse by our equally horrible offense.
Not sure where we go from here, but I just couldn’t spend New Years Day aggravated and pissed.
This is not a good team, and I doubt it’ll get much better moving forward. I’m not usually a Negatoid, but I understand…

• Virginia is VERY down this year. They are not good, and won’t be an NCAA team.
  • Swider & J. Boeheim are beyond bad as defensive forwards. Nothing Edwards, Anselem, or any center can do. Couple that with two below average guards, and you have a Virginia team who entered awful offensively shoot over 50%.
  • Offensively, we get no easy shots. It’s all one-on-one or three point jumpers. Really tough to win in league at any level with such a one-dimensional offense.
  • No bench really stinks - but that’s on Boeheim. He had a bench in Newton/Richmond/Braswell plus Guerrier, and now they’re nowhere to be found.
  • Tough to see this team being much better than .500 in the ACC… except for the Pitt/BC games we will be underdogs the rest of the way.
Boeheim has gone full jerry tarkanian with his kids. Jimmy defends a kid so badly that Jesse Edwards needs to get pulled and chewed out.

gonna be a rough row to hoe with our mid-major caliber team with no point guard in ACC play.

Swider shot poorly today and played with no urgency until the 5-minute mark. But Girard was never engaged with this game and that played itself out on both ends of the court . He did nothing positive to merit 30+ minutes. Offense was 50% better with Torrance at the helm. JAB is simply blind to this.

Symir finally came in at the 7 minute mark, had a great run making a number of big plays, and then came back out at the 3 minute mark.

Joe played some of the most useless 30 minutes ever. Clarke had his number. It happens….why go back with him? Why wait 13 minutes in the second half to get him out?

Make it make sense.

As of right now, do you think we are on the inside of the NIT bubble, or not even that?
We need 19 or 20 wins for NCAA. NIT would be 17 or 18 wins. We are probably looking at 16 or so wins at this moment.

Yep. The PG is the biggest issue. I used to get mad at Joe, now it’s just at JB. Joe is trying. He just is who he is.
He isn’t a point guard, but neither was Silent G, nor was Gmac, you can still control pace and make the easy pass and he doesn’t.

This is his 3rd year of being the point guard regardless of who put him there, he still makes the same mistakes over and over and over.

It’s time
It was time a while ago.

No reason for Jimmy to chuck up more than 15 shots, and maybe he can practice his FTs a bit?

Swider is just...not good.

Also, I'm sure that everyone knew that when Torrence made a few plays in the 2H, the HOFer was going to yank him in favor of Girard. That decision may have cost us the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom