Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

Swider shot poorly today and played with no urgency until the 5-minute mark. But Girard was never engaged with this game and that played itself out on both ends of the court . He did nothing positive to merit 30+ minutes. Offense was 50% better with Torrance at the helm. JAB is simply blind to this.
And has been for 2 years now. I like Joe, but this is mind-boggling.

He isn’t a point guard, but neither was Silent G, nor was Gmac, you can still control pace and make the easy pass and he doesn’t.

This is his 3rd year of being the point guard regardless of who put him there, he still makes the same mistakes over and over and over.

That’s fair.

I would argue those other two guys had much better players around them, however.

Yeah its a just a very poorly constructed team with too many warts. Im just hoping to have a winning season and try and get Benny some developmental time this year. Its rather sad that this is where the program is but, it is what it is at this point

Swider shot poorly today and played with no urgency until the 5-minute mark. But Girard was never engaged with this game and that played itself out on both ends of the court . He did nothing positive to merit 30+ minutes. Offense was 50% better with Torrance at the helm. JAB is simply blind to this.
There was one point in the first half where girard was out top on defense and the ball caromed from the inside and bounced right towards him. He just sat there watching it while two uva players who were easily 10 feet farther away went for it and got the ball. Looked really bad.

Boeheim has gone full jerry tarkanian with his kids. Jimmy defends a kid so badly that Jesse Edwards needs to get pulled and chewed out.
Jesse Edwards is the John Gruden of the SU program .. they have 1 million emails incriminating the rest of the SU team . But they end up suspending Jesse

Last edited:
The game came down to this .. Virginia got any shot they wanted any time they wanted it . Pathetic . This team has a very difficult time scoring and down the stretch they looked like Bo Kimble’s Loyola Marymount teams
Say... I've got a great idea for how to turn these issues around, let's hire one of the lesser qualified assistant coaches to take over!!

That’s fair.

I would argue those other two guys had much better players around them, however.
Very true, but maybe if we played some guys who deserved to play more last year we wouldn’t be here. Symir may not be much worse than Kadary and we don’t even play him. This is beyond frustrating, we still have another year of Joe running the show.

I know we have a pg coming in but I know how this story goes already.

Say... I've got a great idea for how to turn these issues around, let's hire one of the lesser qualified assistant coaches to take over!!
What a lucky coincidence .. just so happens the very best person in all the world to take over the program is already here !!!

What a lucky coincidence .. just so happens the very best person in all the world to take over the program is already here !!!
The "very best person," based on no minimum threshold for qualifications, logic, theory or empirical evidence! What could possibly go wrong???

I'm thankful that our AD isn't as deluded as a portion of our fan base is about what it's going to take to turn this rudderless, moribund program around.

It's been an incredible run, with sustained excellence, and a decline at the end. Time for a change.

It was time a while ago.

No reason for Jimmy to chuck up more than 15 shots, and maybe he can practice his FTs a bit?

Swider is just...not good.

Also, I'm sure that everyone knew that when Torrence made a few plays in the 2H, the HOFer was going to yank him in favor of Girard. That decision may have cost us the game.
Funny thing about Swider. I’m still evaluating him as if he’s as good as his highlight reel, and not based on what he’s actually doing for us. I still see a guy who I expect to hit each shot. Wonder how long it will take me to view him for the player he really is?

Does JB say that Virginia is a top acc team in the presser? My guess he does.

Which player goes under the bus? Edwards did foul out, but I'm thinking he'll skewer Swider for the loss.

It was time a while ago.

No reason for Jimmy to chuck up more than 15 shots, and maybe he can practice his FTs a bit?

Also, I'm sure that everyone knew that when Torrence made a few plays in the 2H, the HOFer was going to yank him in favor of Girard. That decision may have cost us the game.
In my opinion IT DID cost us the game or any chance we had to win it.

Funny thing about Swider. I’m still evaluating him as if he’s as good as his highlight reel, and not based on what he’s actually doing for us. I still see a guy who I expect to hit each shot. Wonder how long it will take me to view him for the player he really is?
I met a Nova fan the other day, all I said was that I was a Cuse guy, he brought up Swider and laughed about the minutes he gets with us.

I think the same way, but his shot is really flat.

I just want to know how a 6’9” guy can’t rebound the ball. (Queue in a reply from my buddy with his rpg state saying how wrong I am)

It was time a while ago.

And the trigger for the yank was that Torrance allowed Clark to make a big 3-ball. Normally, I would get that to some degree. But it was patently obvious that SU’s defensive strategy for the game was to let Clark beat us from deep. So Symir actually did what he was supposed to do. But here comes Girard …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom