Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

• Virginia is VERY down this year. They are not good, and won’t be an NCAA team.
  • Swider & J. Boeheim are beyond bad as defensive forwards. Nothing Edwards, Anselem, or any center can do. Couple that with two below average guards, and you have a Virginia team who entered awful offensively shoot over 50%.
  • Offensively, we get no easy shots. It’s all one-on-one or three point jumpers. Really tough to win in league at any level with such a one-dimensional offense.
  • No bench really stinks - but that’s on Boeheim. He had a bench in Newton/Richmond/Braswell plus Guerrier, and now they’re nowhere to be found.
  • Tough to see this team being much better than .500 in the ACC… except for the Pitt/BC games we will be underdogs the rest of the way.

Cant disagree w any of the above.

Symir finally came in at the 7 minute mark, had a great run making a number of big plays, and then came back out at the 3 minute mark.

Joe played some of the most useless 30 minutes ever. Clarke had his number. It happens….why go back with him? Why wait 13 minutes in the second half to get him out?

Make it make sense.
Clark stole Joe’s lunch money. He was in his head from jump.

The "very best person," based on no minimum threshold for qualifications, logic, theory or empirical evidence! What could possibly go wrong???

I'm thankful that our AD isn't as deluded as a portion of our fan base is about what it's going to take to turn this rudderless, moribund program around.

It's been an incredible run, with sustained excellence, and a decline at the end. Time for a change.
RF, I'm not sure that I share the faith in JW that you have. We have the Scanlan nightmare, Hillsman, softball, etc...at some point, I think it's fait to criticize JW.

The "very best person," based on no minimum threshold for qualifications, logic, theory or empirical evidence! What could possibly go wrong???

I'm thankful that our AD isn't as deluded as a portion of our fan base is about what it's going to take to turn this rudderless, moribund program around.

It's been an incredible run, with sustained excellence, and a decline at the end. Time for a change.
I think a lot of ’us’ have a flexible sense of what ‘rock bottom‘ is. They’ve latched onto the ‘no losing seasons’ thing as some sort of lodestar. I foresee that if we have a losing season this year, it will change to ‘multiple consecutive losing seasons’ as the bottom. And then it will be some other metric. As if they’re lost in the designation of “Hall of Fame” as having a meaningfulness that applies to the future and a persistent, eternal competency.

RF, I'm not sure that I share the faith in JW that you have. We have the Scanlan nightmare, Hillsman, softball, etc...at some point, I think it's fait to criticize JW.
I am with you. I want RF to be right.
It’s been reported though that JB went to JW and wanted to make GMac HCIW and JW told him flat no.

So if that is true I can believe JW won’t just go internal. I really hope we don’t this program needs energy.

I’ll do you one better… Swider wouldn’t be in the conference rotation for most any season before 2014.
No. He reminds me of guys like Ethan Cole and Eric Williams…..came in with hype, but just doesn’t have it, come game time.

We pulled the plug before conference play on starting Williams and Cole.

I am with you. I want RF to beat right.
It’s been reported though that JB went to JW and wanted to make GMac HCIW and JW told him flat no.

So if that is true I can believe JW won’t just go internal. I really hope we don’t this program needs energy.
This is the first I’ve heard of this? Good source?

A telling comment from the announcing crew was “you forget that Swider is six foot nine”. Yes, yes you do forget that.
I forget it. He plays like he’s 6’5” and can’t jump.

A slightly taller Mookie Jones a good comp?

No. He reminds me of guys like Ethan Cole and Eric Williams…..came in with hype, but just doesn’t have it, come game time.

We pulled the plug before conference play on starting Williams and Cole.
I’m with you guys. I mean, would you give Swider minutes over last years Newton or Braswell? And those guys were forgotten at times by JB.

Joe has had some success against Clarke in the past. He could get in the lane and shoot over him. Nothing tonight.

I love Joe and it makes me sad that he is in this position because if he was the 6th or 7th man on a good Cuse team he would be a fan favorite. It’s all just sad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom