Potential 2022 Roster / Staff | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2022 Roster / Staff

Based on what we know, do we appear to have any scholarship spots open for 2022?

Since spring ball we have had zero defections and we've added a QB (Carlos Del Rio-Wilson) from Florida) and a WR (D'Marcus Adams from FAU).
With the young LBer going to the portal...it appears one spot is available. Hopefully they pick wisely over the summer.

With the young LBer going to the portal...it appears one spot is available. Hopefully they pick wisely over the summer.
But is there anyone in the portal with immediate eligibility that they would want to offer a scholarship? Maybe a JUCO?

But is there anyone in the portal with immediate eligibility that they would want to offer a scholarship? Maybe a JUCO?
or they reward a walk on a scholarship for this year and use the additional next year?

Guys change their number each year before camp. We will see when the new roster comes out. That could be Carter

Lot of talk about the dline lack of depth but by far the position I am most concerned with is WR. Absolutely need 2-3 guys to step up. I know what to expect from Queeley, Jackson, Cooper (not that they also can’t improve and hopefully have, especially Jackson). I’ve said it too many times but we need a bonafide number 1. Way too many number 3-4 guys…as of right now.

I like Alford’s potential to be that guy. Certainly has the size.

Lot of talk about the dline lack of depth but by far the position I am most concerned with is WR. Absolutely need 2-3 guys to step up. I know what to expect from Queeley, Jackson, Cooper (not that they also can’t improve and hopefully have, especially Jackson). I’ve said it too many times but we need a bonafide number 1. Way too many number 3-4 guys…as of right now.

I like Alford’s potential to be that guy. Certainly has the size.
A lot of chatter about how good Isaiah Jones looked in camp. 21 years old now, third year on campus big kid. Might be a breakout guy.

Now that Gilbert has ridden off into the sunset, I believe that miraculously our WR group is going to look much better. We have size speed and skill in multiple kids on the roster. He just didn't know how to use them. It's a shame we didn't have this staff last season as we would have won a few more games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom