Potential 2022 Roster / Staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2022 Roster / Staff

What do Devaughn Cooper and Kevon Darton have to do to earn a scholarship?
  • Cooper played more than 300 snaps in 2021. He was listed in the two-deep depth chart for the last six games of the season.
  • Darton played more than 200 snaps in 2021.

I couldn't find any news about a walk-on at Syracuse being awarded a scholarship since 2018.

I think Bolinsky came to Syracuse as a PWO and earned a scholarship, but I can't find any news about that. Kudos to Aaron. He does a great job.

In the meantime, we gave a scholarship to a transfer WR who hasn't played a meaningful snap at WR since 2019. I hope he and Cooper both have great springs.

And, we have two punters on scholarship.

Offensive Assistant
Koy Detmer was a very good QB at Colorado in the late 1990s. Was with the Eagles when Donovan arrived. Originally from Texas. Returned to coaching HS ball in Texas recently. Pretty big name to be an anonymous assistant.

I assume the connection is through his brother Ty, who was a starting QB at BYU.

Koy Detmer was a very good QB at Colorado in the late 1990s. Was with the Eagles when Donovan arrived. Originally from Texas. Returned to coaching HS ball in Texas recently. Pretty big name to be an anonymous assistant.

I assume the connection is through his brother Ty, who was a starting QB at BYU.

This is Koy's son.

Koy Jr.

Graduated from Texas A&M-Kingsville in 2019.

Spent two years on their staff as a RB and WR coach.

Offensive Assistant

This is Koy's son.

Koy Jr.

Graduated from Texas A&M-Kingsville in 2019.

Spent two years on their staff as a RB and WR coach.

Interesting. Makes a lot more sense.

Koy Jr was also on BYU.

Interesting that Anae was also named Inside WR and TE coach. Surprised that Ligashesky isn't coaching a specific position.

Interesting that Anae was also named Inside WR and TE coach. Surprised that Ligashesky isn't coaching a specific position.
That is what Coach Anae did at UVa.

That is what Coach Anae did at UVa.
I hear ya, but you don't usually see a ST coach that doesn't coach any position, anymore. I don't mind it, but just wonder what Ligashesky's going to do during offensive and Defensive drills. How much time can you spend with the Kickers?

I hear ya, but you don't usually see a ST coach that doesn't coach any position, anymore. I don't mind it, but just wonder what Ligashesky's going to do during offensive and Defensive drills. How much time can you spend with the Kickers?
After last year I hope a lot.

Any news on the hires of the two new positions that they announced?

There's blocking on PATs, coverage and return teams, too.

It's not just a European guys kicking side-footed and screaming "I keeked a touchdown! I keeked a touchdown!" when they make them.

There's blocking on PATs, coverage and return teams, too.

It's not just a European guys kicking side-footed and screaming "I keeked a touchdown! I keeked a touchdown!" when they make them.
I know, but those guys play other positions. Maybe he can make tons of recruiting calls during that time.

I know, but those guys play other positions. Maybe he can make tons of recruiting calls during that time.

I hope he spends the rest of his free time mining Bitcoin and creating NFTs for our NIL program. Is that AOK, with UALL?

As much excitement as I have - and I'm surprising myself, I have to be honest.

Coaching Changes? OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT THOSE GUYS !!!

We just added about 13 guys who are new to the program and will be here from January, so that by the time the season opens, they're practically sophomores.

Even with all that adrenaline clouding my rational judgment, I still see the need for around 3 young guys to go from bit-players to dependable parts at (1) WR, (2) DL, and (3) LB.

Even with all these exciting additions, guys like Jatius Geer, for example, along with Linton, Darton, and at least 1 of the 3 new freshmen, have to become rotation players. The opportunity is certainly there, but so is the risk.

At WR, we need at least 2 or 3 of these guys to emerge as guys who could catch 4 or 5 passes in a game: Queeley, Pena, Courtney Jackson, Gadsen, Alford, Hatcher. At least 3 of those guys have to catch between 30 and 50 passes this year, or else we will face 8 or 9 in the box all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom