Class of 2015 - Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr

I'll tell you this... There aren't a lot of football coaches who can quote Sondheim, I'll tell you that!
You're a renaissance man. I for one, appreciate the reference. Just don't go all Rodgers and Hammerstein on us.

It really is a great musical.
Anna Kendrick alone is worth the price of admission to any movie.

I took my 4 nieces and nephews yesterday to the movies to see Into the Woods. Musical is far better than the movie. Anna Kendrick was the reason why I didn't mind spending two hours there (with the exception of spending time with the nieces and nephews). I joke with the students I teach at NC State and say that Anna Kendrick and I are engaged, she just doesn't know it yet.

Ahhhhhh, I love it! I just got a PM from a certain poster that not 6 hours after I posted this, my info was placed on a premium article by a certain writer on TOS...

And that's the way the cookie crumbles

Not the first time that has happened.

Ahhhhhh, I love it! I just got a PM from a certain poster that not 6 hours after I posted this, my info was placed on a premium article by a certain writer on TOS...

I can guarantee that certain poster at TOS already knew about this prospect. I just don't believe he would try to get info from this site. He seems to have a great source of recruiting info already and he cares about his reputation. I'm thinking its a coincidence

Someone actually posed the question to him after reading your post and he responded accordingly.

How is floridas DPOY a 3 star prospect seemingly across the board?

This would be a great kid to snag, although it's an incredible long shot at this point. I wonder how much our staff has done trying to communicate with him if Bauer can't get any sort of confirmation.

I guess my next question would be, when will we know more? If we are going to get a visit, that's got to happen in the next 3-4 weeks and without it we have no shot.

This would be a great kid to snag, although it's an incredible long shot at this point. I wonder how much our staff has done trying to communicate with him if Bauer can't get any sort of confirmation.

I guess my next question would be, when will we know more? If we are going to get a visit, that's got to happen in the next 3-4 weeks and without it we have no shot.

The more I hear, the more I would expect him to be visiting in January...

It was the same thing with Dowels. All comes back to size. Unless you are a super human athletic freak the 5'9.5" 170lbs will hold you back. Maybe if he ran a 4.4, instead of a 4.59. If you look at all the 5 and 4 stars most of them are biggest, and fastest kids in the country. Following that it's what HS you play for, and the competition level, then they usually take a look at production. These kids aren't graded on their HS production, but their future projections on the college level. The bigger you are, and the more athletic you are, the higher you're going to project at the next level.

It was the same thing with Dowels. All comes back to size. Unless you are a super human athletic freak the 5'9.5" 170lbs will hold you back. Maybe if he ran a 4.4, instead of a 4.59. If you look at all the 5 and 4 stars most of them are biggest, and fastest kids in the country. Following that it's what HS you play for, and the competition level, then they usually take a look at production. These kids aren't graded on their HS production, but their future projections on the college level. The bigger you are, and the more athletic you are, the higher you're going to project at the next level.
As a person who follows the NFL draft and does some (incredibly) amature scouting of college players I completely understand that a players natural size and speed limits their potential upside and ability to be graded as an insanely valuable prospect. It's a huge reason why Jason Verrett (CB from TCU) went so 'late' in the draft and wasnt the top corner selected. His size limits him to likely being a limited outside corner or nickel back in the pros. But Verrett was so productive and showed exceptional skill, he was still a first round pick despite his poor size.

Size and raw athletic ability limits their ultimate maximum potential, but probably only 5-10% of players ever reach their true maximum potential anyways. On field production sure as heck makes a difference, and as floridas DPOY, Hoggins has shown that in Spades.

We can only hope that he comes to play for us because others turned him down for size issues. He and Shy (who has other reasons than size) can become good Chip buddies who are walking around campus with titanic sized Chips on their shoulders.

Would be fun as heck to watch it unfold on our campus if that's the case. Heck somebody get Bam, Cubs and Kelley on the horn with their kids so they can track down Hoggins and get him in then fold.

The more I hear, the more I would expect him to be visiting in January...

Good to hear, please let us know when it's a done deal.

Also I'd assume this is the work of McDonald?

As a person who follows the NFL draft and does some (incredibly) amature scouting of college players I completely understand that a players natural size and speed limits their potential upside and ability to be graded as an insanely valuable prospect. It's a huge reason why Jason Verrett (CB from TCU) went so 'late' in the draft and wasnt the top corner selected. His size limits him to likely being a limited outside corner or nickel back in the pros. But Verrett was so productive and showed exceptional skill, he was still a first round pick despite his poor size.

Size and raw athletic ability limits their ultimate maximum potential, but probably only 5-10% of players ever reach their true maximum potential anyways. On field production sure as heck makes a difference, and as floridas DPOY, Hoggins has shown that in Spades.

We can only hope that he comes to play for us because others turned him down for size issues. He and Shy (who has other reasons than size) can become good Chip buddies who are walking around campus with titanic sized Chips on their shoulders.

Would be fun as heck to watch it unfold on our campus if that's the case. Heck somebody get Bam, Cubs and Kelley on the horn with their kids so they can track down Hoggins and get him in then fold.

Hey I totally agree with you. I'm a big fan of NFL/NBA draft as well, and you see what happens to potential, especially in the NBA. Sometimes you get Kobe Bryant, sometimes you get Darko Milic.

But, I'll take a baller like Hoggins, Dowels, or Ellison all day, everyday.

Hey I totally agree with you. I'm a big fan of NFL/NBA draft as well, and you see what happens to potential, especially in the NBA. Sometimes you get Kobe Bryant, sometimes you get Darko Milic.

But, I'll take a baller like Hoggins, Dowels, or Ellison all day, everyday.

There is nothing I love more in a prospect than a guy who gives you everything he's got, the lunch pail guys if you will. They may not have exceptional ceilings as a player, but to use your example, they won't be Darko. You will get something from them that you can count on for years as a key contributor who does all the dirty work.

One can only hope Hoggins wants us as much as we must want him. If we even have a frozen cats chance in hell of catching the canary, he has to be higher on the board than Stocker, which is a dangerous game to play with so few remaining slots.

Ronnie was recently named the Broward County Defensive Player of the Year (JB44)

Differing info on TOS so I guess we will see who is right...

I like your info better. Here's to hoping he is keeping the info quiet...

Is it bad that I keep refreshing this thread for updates as though something I going to happen quickly when in all liklihood if anything happens, it will be weeks before something of significance occurs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom