POY | Syracusefan.com

POY

realorange

Living Legend
Today's game should have brought an end to arguements about POY between Dion and Kevin Jones. Jones is just a very solid player that holds together that young WVU team.

No doubt. And kudos to Kevin Jones for improving his outside shot too.

Today's game should have brought an end to arguements about POY between Dion and Kevin Jones. Jones is just a very solid player that holds together that young WVU team.

Have there really been arguments that Dion was (realistically) in the running for Big East POY?

Dion is very talented but it never even occurred to me to consider him a BE player of the year. 6man of the year, yes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Kevin Jones is playing at a VERY high level right now. Very little wasted movement, good smart basketball plays, keeps his teammates involved ... really high level. He's as good as I've seen in the Big East so far - although I have not watched too many games not involving Syracuse.

Honestly shocked he missed that three at the buzzer. I thought for sure the goaltend was a savior for them. They couldn't win it with that layup but they sure as heck could have one it on the ensuing possession. K Jones is the best player in the conference without a doubt. Not even close. Plus he doesn't elicit any hate on my part.

I just wish WVU had beaten Baylor. They really were the better the better team in that game. Ah well.

The sooner Dion gets the BE POY, BE 1st team and AA stuff out of his head, the better. He has played like ass the last 3 games and while he had a couple of good scoring game before that, his game has been completely different the past 1/2 dozen or so than it was the first 15 or so.

Kevin Jones is a beast inside and a good shooter outside. If a player on a middle-of-the-pack team can win POY, he deserves it.

I've never understood the Dion for POTY stuff. He's been very good, but let's not be ridiculous here.

Kevin Jones should win the award going away. He's far and away the most important player to his team in the Big East this year, and he's the BEST player in the Big East this year. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

OK- did I miss something?
When was there ever a serious debate about Dion being BE POY? Kevin Jones has been the best player in this conference, BY FAR! I recall some 6th Man of the year talk for Dion, but not much debate about POY. :noidea:

The sooner Dion gets the BE POY, BE 1st team and AA stuff out of his head, the better. He has played like ass the last 3 games and while he had a couple of good scoring game before that, his game has been completely different the past 1/2 dozen or so than it was the first 15 or so.

Yeah, I had high hopes that he'd just had a rough weekend and would play well today. After several awful forces, three more lazy floaters, and perhaps the single most selfish 2-on-1 break later, it looks like Dion is in full NBA audition mode. And that's not good for this team.

Dion better start going to class because he's going to leave himself no options at the end of the year.
The last three games (6-29) he's played himself out of the first round.

Wait, Dion was in the POY discussion? Seriously?

OK- did I miss something?
When was there ever a serious debate about Dion being BE POY? Kevin Jones has been the best player in this conference, BY FAR! I recall some 6th Man of the year talk for Dion, but not much debate about POY. :noidea:

There was a post about Dion taking BE POY, BE 6th man, and BE most improved. This was at the height of Dion love, about 3 games ago. Looks like POY should be taken off the board.
Don't think he should get most improved over Fab, if Fab can get back. And for 6th man looks like he has lost ground to CJ. And that's just considering the SU candidates for most improved and 6th man.

Have there really been arguments that Dion was (realistically) in the running for Big East POY?

Waiters looked like the best player on a potentially undefeated team for about a month. Yes, we thought it could be possible. If he had played that way for the rest of the season, absolutely he was a candidate!

Hell, not too long ago some people on this board were comparing him to Wade, James and Jordan.

There was a post about Dion taking BE POY, BE 6th man, and BE most improved. This was at the height of Dion love, about 3 games ago. Looks like POY should be taken off the board.
Don't think he should get most improved over Fab, if Fab can get back. And for 6th man looks like he has lost ground to CJ. And that's just considering the SU candidates for most improved and 6th man.

Unless he were to completely tank, which I don't think he will, I think he is a lock for BE 6th man.

For a long stretch of Big East games, we were amazed by the talent and production to Dion Waiters. The Wade/Jordan/James comparisons were apt for a 7 game stretch:
12/28-1/16 From Seton Hall through Pitt

FGM/GPA 37/70
Feild Goal 53%
3PM/3PA 8/19
3P 42%
FTM/FTA 19/27
FT 70%
APG 3
TO 1.4
A/TO 2.1
Points 14.4

Assists + Steals/Turnovers = 4

For a small stretch, Dione Waiters was our best player, and by a wide margin. He was the best player on by far the best team in the conference!

Dione Waiters for those 7 Big East games was an easy choice for player of the year.

Little did we know that Fab Melo was actually our most important player!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom