Practice Report | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Practice Report

Brutal bump.

Brutal as in...head scratching??? Let's hope the talent and potential that we all saw in FH morphs into a quality ACC player. I'm still being optimistic.

His shooting was so bad last season I just couldn't hop on the bandwagon. All I heard about was his "vision" and it was made to sound legendary and in all reality I didn't see much from his last year.

I understand we all love this program and players in it, but I think it blinds some fans so bad that they don't even know what they're seeing sometimes.
Ok, maybe Everyone wasn't the correct word. But FH had national writers talking about his potential break out season. Now he has to break out of the dog house.

Ok, maybe Everyone wasn't the correct word. But FH had national writers talking about his potential break out season. Now he has to break out of the dog house.

Talent could get him to be a solid player one day, but I honestly don't think it happens in Syracuse.

Brutal as in...head scratching??? Let's hope the talent and potential that we all saw in FH morphs into a quality ACC player. I'm still being optimistic.

I'm just curious to see if he gets any minutes at all now. I'm guessing no, that JB is just holding him in what I'll call purgatory in that spot on the bench. It may be for his protection though...

Interesting thread to reread. I'm hoping that FH gets a different perspective on the bench sitting between JAB and AA. Everyone was so high on the kid coming into this season that there has to be some quality PT coming at some point. Let's hope the kid can turn things around.
Popcorn

Said what I said. I own it. Loved him last year, had huge confidence in him starting this year. We'll see what happens. Sometimes things don't project forward like you think, but in the present my statement was true. And last year I stand by my statement- he was our only PG.

Talent could get him to be a solid player one day, but I honestly don't think it happens in Syracuse.
FH was ranked 94th in the final ESPN recruiting rankings in 2015. Kaleb Joseph was ranked 50th the year before. He's the one who should be the starting point guard right now (not counting Tyler Ennis who was ranked 20th in 2013 and would be a senior this season).
ESPN Basketball Recruiting - Player Rankings

If Kaleb had the opportunity to have one year behind Ennis, as planned, it could have been much different for him.

Unfortunately he got fed to the wolves too early and I believe it destroyed his confidence.

I just keep thinking back to that game against Villanova. Though Kaleb would take that as a springboard but belly flopped off the high dive instead

I don't know exactly what happened, but I have read the board enough to piece together a rough outline.
What I am curious about is whether anyone can shed some light on the timeline?
Did all of this start before the season? Or did it start after the season started and he/ we were not playing up to expectations?

During the BC game one of the announcers said that Frank had lost all of his confidence. So, maybe all of this was the result of him having a hard time dealing with all of this failure and just acting out in horrible ways.

The dreamer in me is hopeful he's sitting in between the coaches not just to protect him and the team from each other, but also because they are hopeful that if they can restore his confidence. Maybe, and I understand this is a big maybe, they think if they get him back to the point that he is ready to play a few minutes a game that this behavior will stop and the cooling off period will give him and his teammates a chance to come to some sort of reconciliation.

Unfortunately, the skeptic in me sees him sitting between Autry and Boeheim and thinks that if they were really trying to save him he would be next to his position coach.

I'm not sure how you can justify that based on his play last season and the last third of his freshman season.

He was thrown to the wolves in his freshman yeah and I honestly don't think he really got a chance last season. I'm not saying he would have lit the world on fire last year or this year, but Frank's been bad, just as bad as Joseph.

If Kaleb had the opportunity to have one year behind Ennis, as planned, it could have been much different for him.

Unfortunately he got fed to the wolves too early and I believe it destroyed his confidence.

I didn't even read your post before I wrote my last one and we used the same terminology, agree 100%.

Said what I said. I own it. Loved him last year, had huge confidence in him starting this year. We'll see what happens. Sometimes things don't project forward like you think, but in the present my statement was true. And last year I stand by my statement- he was our only PG.
No. He wasn't

FH was ranked 94th in the final ESPN recruiting rankings in 2015. Kaleb Joseph was ranked 50th the year before. He's the one who should be the starting point guard right now (not counting Tyler Ennis who was ranked 20th in 2013 and would be a senior this season).
ESPN Basketball Recruiting - Player Rankings
I think Monte Morris should be starting. If only. FH dropped because of injury. He should have been higher than that in my opinion. I guess I would take Kaleb over FH but not enthusiastically.

No. He wasn't
Yes. He was. G is not a point guard. He played the position well. But he's not a PG. It's amazing what he did. LAST year, Howard looked very capable in limited time. This year, it's been brutal in meaningful time.

I think Frank will be fine! Everyone is so quick to pull the trigger on this guy. I personally think he has a ton of talent and could be a pro someday!

I think Frank will be fine! Everyone is so quick to pull the trigger on this guy. I personally think he has a ton of talent and could be a pro someday!
Well considering he probably won't be here next year, I really do love your opitimism!!!!

Reliable sources have related that Howard's attitude has been the root of the problem. As a result of his poor attitude he has alienated himself from the other players. One player can poison the well and there has been undeniable evidence that a very dysfunctional situation had arisen as evidenced by Howard's play and the teams play while this was going on.

Players don't necessarily have to like each other but they do need to respect each other. When behavior results in loss of respect from other team members it can destroy the confidence of the team which is essential if a team is going to win. Let's face it... we not only lost... we got crushed by some teams that we should never have lost to, much less in the fashion that we did lose. It was humiliating to us as fans... I can only imagine what it felt like to the players. The post game interview with DC after the St. Johns game told me everything I needed to know. This kid has given his heart and soul, blood and sweat to this team and this program and he sounded hopeless regarding the situation.

Since Gillon has been given the reins to the team there has been a remarkable turnaround. It has been addition by subtraction. I would have loved to have had FH materialize into the dynamic playmaker and quarterback most here thought he would going into the season... but I for one, have seen quite enough thank you very much. If he can turn it around with his attitude perhaps he can contribute in some meaningful way.

Reliable sources have related that Howard's attitude has been the root of the problem. As a result of his poor attitude he has alienated himself from the other players. One player can poison the well and there has been undeniable evidence that a very dysfunctional situation had arisen as evidenced by Howard's play and the teams play while this was going on.

Players don't necessarily have to like each other but they do need to respect each other. When behavior results in loss of respect from other team members it can destroy the confidence of the team which is essential if a team is going to win. Let's face it... we not only lost... we got crushed by some teams that we should never have lost to, much less in the fashion that we did lose. It was humiliating to us as fans... I can only imagine what it felt like to the players. The post game interview with DC after the St. Johns game told me everything I needed to know. This kid has given his heart and soul, blood and sweat to this team and this program and he sounded hopeless regarding the situation.

Since Gillon has been given the reins to the team there has been a remarkable turnaround. It has been addition by subtraction. I would have loved to have had FH materialize into the dynamic playmaker and quarterback most here thought he would going into the season... but I for one, have seen quite enough thank you very much. If he can turn it around with his attitude perhaps he can contribute in some meaningful way.

Look at the two games Howard didn't play. The guys were looking like they were having fun out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom