Practice started today | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Practice started today

I wouldn’t put much stock into what was said in that interview about injuries. Blackwell won’t know the deep specifics of the team and injuries like many on this board. Everyone should relax.

Plus it’s almost football season and we have Dino Babers. Carry on.

Blackwell re: Girard. Seeing a freshman easily popping jumpers from 25 - 30 feet has got to be impressive. The kid has some range.

I'm a little disappointed. I was thinking it was going to be most important to have Guerrier as the standout frosh. But, i'm not entirely surprised that Joe is impressing. Can't wait to see the full squad in action.

Was playing golf recently with a guy who has a place up near Glens Falls. He saw my Syracuse hat and started RAVING about Girard. "Never seen a shooter" like that, etc. Watched a lot of his games and thinks Syracuse has a star. Like hearing the positive reports from former players and pros.

Was playing golf recently with a guy who has a place up near Glens Falls. He saw my Syracuse hat and started RAVING about Girard. "Never seen a shooter" like that, etc. Watched a lot of his games and thinks Syracuse has a star. Like hearing the positive reports from former players and pros.

Hope he's the second coming of Gerry McNamara... except a better shooter :)

I'll temper my enthusiasm until I see him play. We heard the same things about Cooney

Cooney would not have averaged 50 playing against junior high kids
Coon dog would have averaged over 50... Shots. The coon dog was prolific a bona fide shooting machine.

How many shots did Girard average? Not sure, but from what I can discern it was easily more than 35 per game in a 32 minute game. Not exactly a guy who looked to pass off.

How many shots did Girard average? Not sure, but from what I can discern it was easily more than 35 per game in a 32 minute game. Not exactly a guy who looked to pass off.

He had to shoot that many times in High School for his team to win the state title. His cousin was the only other decent player on the team. Quite frankly they should have lost to Lowville, but their entire starting lineup got into foul trouble and 2 guys fouled out.

Interested to hear about JBA. Seems like a total goof who gets along well with the football squad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom