Pre-game Festivities on the Quad? | Syracusefan.com

Pre-game Festivities on the Quad?

atcar

Scout Team
Anyone know if they are planning the normal pre-game festivities on the Quad this weekend? I am bringing both of my kids to the RI game and they are each bringing a friend. We had four kids in tow for WF game and we made it to the dome a little early. I was surprised to walk into an empty Quad and figured maybe they didn't set anything up because it was a weeknight game, so we walked down to Cosmos for a pizza (Varsity was more crowded than usual).

Anyone know if they are planning the normal pre-game festivities on the Quad this weekend? I am bringing both of my kids to the RI game and they are each bringing a friend. We had four kids in tow for WF game and we made it to the dome a little early. I was surprised to walk into an empty Quad and figured maybe they didn't set anything up because it was a weeknight game, so we walked down to Cosmos for a pizza (Varsity was more crowded than usual).

I don't know what they will do this weekend, but I don't think they did anything last weekend. The band was in front of the Dome and they may have had something going on by the dorms. Did anyone come through the quad and see any activity? If they have moved everything out of the quad, that shouldn't sit too well with those who say the Dome needs to stay where it is because it is so great being on the quad and the on campus feel.

should be back on the quad this weekend, I just think that was a result of the weekday evening game

I don't know what they will do this weekend, but I don't think they did anything last weekend. The band was in front of the Dome and they may have had something going on by the dorms. Did anyone come through the quad and see any activity? If they have moved everything out of the quad, that shouldn't sit too well with those who say the Dome needs to stay where it is because it is so great being on the quad and the on campus feel.

Whether there's a family event or not, walking through the Quad to a college football game is still pretty cool. They didn't move the Quad itself.

My favorite non-football part of SU game day is sitting on the steps of Hendrick's Chapel on the Quad listening to the band.

I think they cancelled that stuff Thursday due to classes. I don't know why there wouldn't be the normal quad festivities this weekend.

I think they cancelled that stuff Thursday due to classes. I don't know why there wouldn't be the normal quad festivities this weekend.

That's what I figured but didn't know if it was another hair brained idea by SU to put the band out front.

It's on the SU athletics website: Quad festivities begin at 1:30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom