PRE-Spring Depth Chart | Syracusefan.com

PRE-Spring Depth Chart

OrangeBlood

Starter
The National Championship game has me fired up, so I am going to do what I think is a realistic depth chart going into Spring practice.

I am not going to include any freshman or position changes.

?- Not sure if returning but think so.
***- injured

OFFENSE

QB:
1. Hunt
2. Wilson or Kimble
3. Long

RB:
1. Gulley or Morris
2. McFarlane
3. Ameen-Moore

X:
1. Broyld or Flemming
2. Funderbunk
3. Lewis
4. Winfield

Z:
1. West?
2. Cornelius
3. Kobena
4. Hale?
5. Cooper

H:
1. Estime
2. Avant

TE:
1. Parris
2. Moore or Batten
3. Provo

LT:
1. Hickey
2. Lasker
3. McGloster

LG:
1. Trudo
2. Palmer

C:
1. Emerich
2. Miller

RG:
1. Robinson
2. Hayes

RT:
1. Foy
2. Knapp
3. Burton

DEFENSE

SDE:
1. Robinson
2. Thompson
3. Trejo

WDE:
1. Welsh?
2. Johnson
3. Simmons

NT:
1. Crume
2. Sloan

DT:
1. ***Raymon
2. Williams?
3. Coleman

MLB:
1. Hodge
2. Arciniega

WLB:
1. Davis
2. Kirkland
3. Perry

SLB:
1. Lynch
2. Vigille

SS:
1. Kelly
2. Desir

FS:
1. Eskridge
2. Scissum

CB:
1. Reddish
2. Whigham
3. Morgan
4. George

SPECIALS

P:
1. Dixon
2. Fisher

K:
1. Krautman
2. Norton

LS:
1. Rogers

I think I got all of the scholarship players. If i missed anyone or if anyone is certain of players that are not returning or are coming early please let me know. I will try to edit it.

-The one thing that jumps out to me is how much depth we have offensively. A lot of numbers at a lot of different positions.
-I think maybe a WR may have to move to DB.
-The OL should be really good and should have some nice depth.
-The more athletic Frosh WRs will really push the veteran guys. Custis/Williams/Cooper and hopefully Ishamel may all be able to play right away. That is a major reflection on the current unit and how good the young guys are.
- Hunt is the guy. I don't see it being close.
-DL depth is scary. Ends should be good and productive but yikes inside is THIN. If Raymon can't play come fall we may be in trouble. I hope Wayne Williams is the real deal.
- Did not know where to put Zeek Johnson, I could easily see him moving inside due to lack of depth there.
- DBs should be pretty solid. Reddish needs to improve foot speed and Whigham needs to become more physical.
- Expect that Morgan will be the Okie.
- I am very excited about this team. I think they could win 9 games.

WAR OTTO

Last edited:
That offensive line looks really good. I think some of those defensive ends move inside and could see cam and hodge flipping. Need some d tackle and d back depth.

That offensive line looks really good. I think some of those defensive ends move inside and could see cam and hodge flipping. Need some d tackle and d back depth.

I could see Thompson and/or Johnson moving inside and being very good. That would help the depth there, but would hurt the depth at DE. We absolutely need more DL.

Also, I could see someone like Ben Lewis or Cory Winfield moving to DB to try and get more depth.

The National Championship game has me fired up, so I am going to do what I think is a realistic depth chart going into Spring practice.

I am not going to include any freshman or position changes.

?- Not sure if returning but think so.
***- injured

OFFENSE

QB:
1. Hunt
2. Wilson or Kimble

RB:
1. Gulley or Morris
2. McFarlane
3. Ameen-Moore

X:
1. Broyld
2. Funderbunk
3. Lewis
4. Winfield

Z:
1. West?
2. Cornelius
3. Kobena
4. Hale?

H:
1. Estime
2. Avant

TE:
1. Parris
2. Moore or Batten
3. Provo

LT:
1. Hickey
2. Lasker
3. McGloster

LG:
1. Trudo
2. Palmer

C:
1. Emerich
2. Miller

RG:
1. Robinson
2. Hayes

RT:
1. Foy
2. Knapp
3. Burton

DEFENSE

SDE:
1. Robinson
2. Thompson
3. Trejo

WDE:
1. Welsh?
2. Johnson
3. Simmons

NT:
1. Crume
2. Sloan

DT:
1. ***Raymon
2. Williams?
3. Coleman

MLB:
1. Hodge
2. Arciniega

WLB:
1. Davis
2. Kirkland
3. Perry

SLB:
1. Lynch
2. Vigille

SS:
1. Kelly
2. Desir

FS:
1. Eskridge
2. Scissum

CB:
1. Reddish
2. Whigham
3. Morgan
4. George

SPECIALS

P:
1. Dixon
2. Fisher

K:
1. Krautman
2. Norton

LS:
1. Rogers

I think I got all of the scholarship players. If i missed anyone or if anyone is certain of players that are not returning or are coming early please let me know. I will try to edit it.

-The one thing that jumps out to me is how much depth we have offensively. A lot of numbers at a lot of different positions.
-I think maybe a WR may have to move to DB.
-The OL should be really good and should have some nice depth.
-The more athletic Frosh WRs will really push the veteran guys. Custis/Williams/Cooper and hopefully Ishamel may all be able to play right away. That is a major reflection on the current unit and how good the young guys are.
- Hunt is the guy. I don't see it being close.
-DL depth is scary. Ends should be good and productive but yikes inside is THIN. If Raymon can't play come fall we may be in trouble. I hope Wayne Williams is the real deal.
- Did not know where to put Zeek Johnson, I could easily see him moving inside due to lack of depth there.
- DBs should be pretty solid. Reddish needs to improve foot speed and Whigham needs to become more physical.
- Expect that Morgan will be the Okie.
- I am very excited about this team. I think they could win 9 games.

WAR OTTO

Great work.. Cooper is a Jan enrollee and should put some competitive pressure on some of those guys.. Have a feeling there will be a shakeup at wide receiver. Too many bodies and questionable talent at this point..

Need OL and interior DL depth ... but looking much better than five years ago

Should move Hale and Lewis to DB-Much better shot for them to see the field

In my mind, the WRs and DBs have a lot to prove before I start thinking about a big season for this team.

I expect 1 or 2 WRs get Redshirted...if they don't that is really good news as they elevated past some more senior players...which means across the board upgrade. We need to hold on to Custis...after watching tonight we need a tall WR inside the red zone.

I did not realize PTG got a year back from the NCAA.

I think Morgan starts. And Arciniega or maybe even Kirkland before Hodge at MLB.

It is a good list of where the players are at season end. You might flip the FS and SS guys, and break out the CBs by left/right sides. Broyld could be either WR or H-back.

The interesting thing will be seeing those position changes (always are several, and some are surprising like Thompson to DE and Moore sticking at TE) and competitions for roles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom