• He will end up in D-league

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • He will end up playing overseas

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • He will become the best pump-faker in NBA history

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Frye is 2-3 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier.

It's clear to me that you don't watch enough NBA

I shouldn't have to. This has been covered everywhere locally. Bang on draftexpress and Ford all you want, but they sure exist for some reason. Draft Express has en entire video of Lydons strength and weaknesses.
Where do you think they get this from? Do they make it up? Do they talk to scouts/GM's.

Do you, Brooky, Briancuse, and Eric have any data behind your points besides your scouting from the couch?

Draft number depends on how many dozen more will declare and how good the foreigners are. I hope he ends up on a crummy team so he won't spend the next year on a D league bus.

He's a really good basketball player. I predict a solid career.

I don't think he is "alpha" enough. That's what many kids need college for - to learn how to be a major contributor, be willing to take and make the game winning shot, etc.

I shouldn't have to. This has been covered everywhere locally. Bang on draftexpress and Ford all you want, but they sure exist for some reason. Draft Express has en entire video of Lydons strength and weaknesses.
Where do you think they get this from? Do they make it up? Do they talk to scouts/GM's.

Do you, Brooky, Briancuse, and Eric have any data behind your points besides your scouting from the couch?

I go by what I saw this season, I watch every game, Nba scouts don't.

I go by what I saw this season, I watch every game, Nba scouts don't.
But NBA scouts probably have a better sense of the skills and measurables that translate to success in today's NBA, and are more adept at identifying those things in college players.

But NBA scouts probably have a better sense of the skills and measurables that translate to success in today's NBA, and are more adept at identifying those things in college players.

I agree, the question in this post was to predict Lydon's success, I gave my opinion, not sure why I was called out for it.

I still maintain the best NBA comp for Tylor Lydon (if he makes it in the NBA) is Patrick Patterson. Will focus on their outside shot, but what made Patrick Patterson serviceable is not additional offensive diversity or being a great athlete. It was that he became a very good team defender with decent athleticisim, and when he is playing well he finds ways to get 2 or 3 efficient buckets a game from inside. (cuts, tips, simple quick post moves). He is a stretch 4 who can guard 4's. and can also play the 5 when teams really go small.

That is who Lydon should hope to become. I know Patterson is not white so that baffles some right off the top.
That's a good comparison and of course all of these predictions depend on what team takes him. Opportunity matters in the NBA.

Late first round. He sticks around in some form or fashion in the NBA/d-league for a few years then has a nice career over seas.

My biggest concern is his lack of aggressiveness. He only wants to shoot if he's open, really open, and he can't create for himself. Some of that is something you either have or you don't. I don't think he does. Had he stuck around I think he would've been a great sidekick to battle next year, and I think that's the type of role he fits. There's nothing wrong with that, I just don't think it'll make for much of an NBA career.

I'm far from an NBA expert, however, so we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom