Premier League 2021-2022 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Premier League 2021-2022

Asking the same question you gave Klopp shite for earlier in this thread...

Hard to keep track but Barca are in shambles financially (140m each for Coutinho +€24,489,920m/year €470,960/week , and Dembele €12,787,840m/week €245,920/week type deals will do that). I think Real are relatively ok especially compared to that.

€170 million for Mbappe is honestly a steal but those rumored wages crush most teams chances. Real, City, United, and Chelsea are the only ones that can realistically pay near that base salary unless he's willing to take a heavily incentive based contract from another club like LFC.
Supposedly Real Madrid made a profit last year... I think they also bought a bridge in Brooklyn.

At some point Euro leagues either need to get some serious financial fair play regs or there will be a super league because everyone else is priced out.

Doesn't help United in the slightest but does hurt City
I think this could hurt Man-ure. Fernandes doesn't play as well for Portugal as he does Man-ure because Portugal forces everything through Ronaldo. Also, is there a stadium in the world big enough for both the heads of Pogba and Ronaldo? I'm also curious to see if Ronaldo can keep up with the hyper-pace of EPL vs Italy and Spain.

I think this could hurt Man-ure. Fernandes doesn't play as well for Portugal as he does Man-ure because Portugal forces everything through Ronaldo. Also, is there a stadium in the world big enough for both the heads of Pogba and Ronaldo? I'm also curious to see if Ronaldo can keep up with the hyper-pace of EPL vs Italy and Spain.

Not honestly sure. I only pay attention the best current Portuguese player

1630091764630.png

So much United hate. Haven’t seen haters like this since the Player Haters Ball skit on Chapelle’s Show.

Would love to talk transfer window, but now if you will excuse me, I’m gonna go home and put some water in Buck Nasty’s mama’s dish.

So much United hate. Haven’t seen haters like this since the Player Haters Ball skit on Chapelle’s Show.

Would love to talk transfer window, but now if you will excuse me, I’m gonna go home and put some water in Buck Nasty’s mama’s dish.

"you better take that cane and beat whoever made that suit to death"

I mean, I'll feel a certain way about United as I will with Everton but that's not driving my thoughts here.

Ronaldo move is confusing when you've still got other issues (Fred, Matic) in the squad. Niguez, Tielemans or Bissuoma would've made you scary. Instead you will try and fit a 36 year old striker into a team along with Fernandes (no more pks padding stats), Cavani (just re-signed), Rashford, Pogba, and Sancho while intriguing players like Greenwood, Martial and the seemingly forgotten Daniel James all rot on the bench.

Given my disposition on United best thing you can hear me say is "man I hate that they signed him" (Bruno, Wan Bissaka) or "I'd like to have him at Liverpool under Klopp" (James, Greenwood, Martial) vs the alternative of indifference or my being happy you signed them as is the case here and with Varane. Money and wages that could have been used elsewhere imho but I've been wrong before (Cavani, Shaw post Jose) so time will tell.

Feel free to pick apart this seasons Liverpool transfers... Hopefully we give folks someone else to talk about in the coming days.

Doesn't help United in the slightest but does hurt City

I actually would put it the other way around.

I don't think Ronaldo has the legs or willingness to run as much as Pep's press would require.

Whereas, at United, he can be their man in the box, their poacher. He still has tremendous springs to go get headers. They still need a holding midfielder, but Ronaldo could be great for United for a year or two.

If you were Daniel Levy, owner of Spurs, who would you buy with 120M for Harry Kane?

You have to get another striker. They probably need a central defender and another back or a winger.

I would try for Paulo Dyballa of Juve for your replacement striker.

Try for Kalidou Koulibaly, the center back who Napoli have been trying to sell for a big fee for a couple years with no takers so far.

If you can't get him, Chelsea seem to be begging to sell Kurt Zouma, who is proven in the Premier League, and is a legit threat on set pieces.

Finally, I might take a shot at Kingsley Coman, who has fallen out of favor at Bayern.

Zouma to West Ham should be happening soon it seems. Great pick up for them.

Arsenal. Wow.

I don't think Relegation will be on the table, but they need to take care of business against the weaker half of the table to get out of the hole

Arsenal. Wow.

I don't think Relegation will be on the table, but they need to take care of business against the weaker half of the table to get out of the hole
Arteta definitely leading the manager sack race.

Arteta definitely leading the manager sack race.
They need to move Aubameyang for value and just start plugging in some of their young talent that they have buried on the bench (Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Folarin Balogun, and Martinelli).

They need to move Aubameyang for value and just start plugging in some of their young talent that they have buried on the bench (Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Folarin Balogun, and Martinelli).
I think last week I read the club would be willing to move him. Wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see him move on deadline day.

Zouma to West Ham should be happening soon it seems. Great pick up for them.

I hate to see him go, personally. But Tuchel doesn't trust him to play the ball out of the back. Too many errors. He's the best header of the ball on the team, though, has great recovery speed and is tough in the tackle. We are going to miss him.

Who’s going to replace Arteta? Defending today was absolute shambles and a lot of that is who he opts to put there.

Last edited:
What an absolute wild finish to half

That official Anthony Taylor is garbage

2 yellows and a red in two minutes against Chelsea, barely looks at VAR

Protest the match

What an absolute wild finish to half

That official Anthony Taylor is garbage

2 yellows and a red in two minutes against Chelsea, barely looks at VAR

Protest the match
Don’t know about the red, as it wasn’t intentional but I’m not entirely sure the nuance of the rule. Seems like it changes every season or 2.

Clear penalty though, didn’t need to see much of a replay.

Don’t know about the red, as it wasn’t intentional but I’m not entirely sure the nuance of the rule. Seems like it changes every season or 2.

Clear penalty though, didn’t need to see much of a replay.
Taylor changes another Chelsea match

Red card wasn't needed and yellows come from frustration of his red card decision

He's the Ted Valentine / Hess of Chelsea

Taylor changes another Chelsea match

Red card wasn't needed and yellows come from frustration of his red card decision

He's the Ted Valentine / Hess of Chelsea
So the arm moving toward the ball. You are right, can’t see that with an instant look. Hard to tell.

It was like what Saurez did in the World Cup against Ghana.

I don’t have a problem with that call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom