Preseason Practice... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

That last sentence is why I hate sharing stuff with people on this board like you. He’s clashing with the head coach and has since day 1. At no point did I say anything about my dislike for the coach. How could you ever get to that conclusion?

Coach does not like the quiet kids like Roberson or Benny. He thinks they aren’t trying. Benny fights back and says hes trying hard. The cycle continues.

Not tough to figure out and has nothing to do with what I think about coach. It’s what I’m told

We’ve had plenty of quiet kids over the years. On this team Edwards and Brown are also quiet kids.

The confirmed plan is The entire offense is running through Joe as the 2. And he is getting a minimum of 20 shots per game. Ultimate green light. Can argue about it if you want, but that’s what’s happening and I know that for a complete fact
Joe will be important to this team find it highly unlikely the offense runs through him though.

Other than Joe, everyone is closer to assistants than JB. Actually it’s prob a tie with JB and Gmac for Joe but everyone else is closer to Red and Griff.

The tension with JB and Benny is JB thinks and knows Benny could be really good. But his attitude of not being a hot head and being super casual and calm, is not what JB wants to see. He loves the devendorf type of guys believe it or not. Benny is so far away from that.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out but a lot of the tension is based off potential as well for Benny which is a good thing, but we’ll see how he responds as JBs tactics aren’t for everyone

So Gmac’s not close to the kids he recruited, including ones that he’s their position coach? Not buying this either.

Based on his end of the season play, being a senior leader, all the reports of his improvement, and the way he does a lot of the things that aren’t in the box score, and just has the knack for getting the ball to guys at the right time and in the right spot…..

I think Torrence is going to be a guy we want on the court for 25-30 minutes. Will be interesting to see if that happens…..we’d probably truly have to play some man to man or modify our zone for it to happen. Probably the number 1 thing I’m looking to see how it plays out, because it seems highly likely he’s one of our top 5 players. Probably number 4 at the least.

Hopefully he keeps the 40 footers to an average of less than one per game.
Joe will be channeling his inner Coon dog. Hes going to need an ice bath for his right arm after every game. His elbow is going to get carpel tunnel. He is like a pent-up sailor on leave having played out of position to feed Buddy the ball, now that the kid is out of jail, he is going to go Bsh t crazy.
This is going to be his dream, think of it as the Golden Corral of shooting:)

Seriously though, Joe can shoot with the best of them. Hes a shooter a natural two and yes, his range is ridiculous. I think he is going to light it up and I hope that he has a great year as after playing out of position he deserves it, and the team needs him to lead the way.

So Gmac’s not close to the kids he recruited, including ones that he’s their position coach? Not buying this either.
Do you think I just make stuff up? Seriously. You think I got nothing better to do than that? And I never said they weren’t close with Gerry. Read what I put

And yes the offense is running through Joe and yes he is getting 15-20 shots per game minimum. This DOESNT COME FROM ME. GET FAMILIAR

One of those quiet kids that got tons of run and JB liked was Tyus Battle.

I would suspect that it’s not so much quiet but moreso being passive and “disappearing” on the court that bothers him? Tyus may have had a quiet personality (I have no idea, but I’ll take your word), but you always knew he was on the floor.

Do you think I just make stuff up? Seriously. You think I got nothing better to do than that?

And yes the offense is running through Joe and yes he is getting 15-20 shots per game minimum. This DOESNT COME FROM ME. GET FAMILIAR
I’m now curious who our last guy to average 20 shots per game is? That’s like 1990 Loyola Marymount pace numbers isn’t it? That’s a LOT of looks.

Joe will be channeling his inner Coon dog. Hes going to need an ice bath for his right arm after every game. His elbow is going to get carpel tunnel. He is like a pent-up sailor on leave having played out of position to feed Buddy the ball, now that the kid is out of jail, he is going to go Bsh t crazy.
This is going to be his dream, think of it as the Golden Corral of shooting:)

Seriously though, Joe can shoot with the best of them. Hes a shooter a natural two and yes, his range is ridiculous. I think he is going to light it up and I hope that he has a great year as after playing out of position he deserves it, and the team needs him to lead the way.

Joe can light it up, but the super quick release, coming off screens turn and fire, get your balance and square up once you’re already in the air guy….he has not shown to be.

He needs the feet set and to be facing the rim on the catch IMO, though when he’s got it going, can do so with deep range.

I would suspect that it’s not so much quiet but moreso being passive and “disappearing” on the court that bothers him? Tyus may have had a quiet personality (I have no idea, but I’ll take your word), but you always knew he was on the floor.
Yeah, sounds like JB wants his most talented players to have an alpha mentality. Benny has to learn to be a dog on the court.

Averaging 20 shots a game is an astronomical workload for Girard. That is what Steph Curry averaged in his playoff run this past spring. There’s no way Girard reaches that number.

We have averaged 55-65 shots per season per game over the past 30 seasons. I can see 15 attempts per game, but there’s no way he will average 20. We would be at 40% usage for one player.

As of this minute i will no longer refer to Joe as Joe.

He will be known as.... CALIGULA

Averaging 20 shots a game is an astronomical workload for Girard. That is what Steph Curry averaged in his playoff run this past spring. There’s no way Girard reaches that number.

We have averaged 55-65 shots per season per game over the past 30 seasons. I can see 15 attempts per game, but there’s no way he will average 20. We would be at 40% usage for one player.
This^^^^^

Yeah, sounds like JB wants his most talented players to have an alpha mentality. Benny has to learn to be a dog on the court.
Unfortunately I’m not sure that trait can be learned.

JB is trying to light a fire under Benny. If he ever wants to reach his potential, he has to speed up his engine. If JB can’t do it, he’s done.

Lol 20 attempts is an insane figure for college basketball. Can we bet on that? Can’t lose situation for me. Could win money betting the obvious under, but if it’s somehow over the entertainment value all around will be worth the price.

Unfortunately I’m not sure that trait can be learned.
I think it can. Experience and confidence and adjusting to the speed of the game can go a long way for some guys in that regard.

What can be interpreted as “soft” might actually be “a step behind and lost”. That can get better. IMO.

Do you think I just make stuff up? Seriously. You think I got nothing better to do than that? And I never said they weren’t close with Gerry. Read what I put

I replied to exactly what you posted. And I’m very familiar. You have issues with JB and Gmac.

I’m now curious who our last guy to average 20 shots per game is? That’s like 1990 Loyola Marymount pace numbers isn’t it? That’s a LOT of looks.

He’s moved from “a minimum of 20” to “15-20”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom