Preseason Practice... | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Love it, I had lunch with a couple of college basketball players today... that sense of excitement is in the air for this time of year (both college & pro). I can't wait to see the Orange in action, it feels like it's been 10 years since we've had something actually tangible about the team in regards to actual basketball.

My biggest concern is can this team score? If Joe isn’t scoring who will? Expecting freshman, who aren‘t top 10 talent to play big in big moments is concerning. Without the perimeter shooting we had last year, will Jessie have the space he needs to score like last year? I hope the answer is yes, but only time will tell. The one plus is that this team could be vastly improved on defense which hopefully, will let us get out on the break.

My biggest concern is can this team score? If Joe isn’t scoring who will? Expecting freshman, who aren‘t top 10 talent to play big in big moments is concerning. Without the perimeter shooting we had last year, will Jessie have the space he needs to score like last year? I hope the answer is yes, but only time will tell. The one plus is that this team could be vastly improved on defense which hopefully, will let us get out on the break.
my biggest concern is can they pass and are they willing to pass. Frequent Jesse touches and moving of the ball and offense can take care of itself.

Don’t know if we will be good but hopefully we are more enjoyable to watch. Last season was painful to watch, they were bad at so many things

Winning is fun. I don't want to see rockfights night in night out but that said I'll take winning and enjoy it far more than fun for 90 minutes then a loss.

Syboogie- 8
Mintz-12
JG-16
JE-12
Bunch/ Taylor- 16
Benny- 12
Bench-8

70 ish per game with better defense. Want to see this team block shots, get steals and score on transition.

on 8/23 shooting ;)
I prefer that Joe averages 15 to 16 points. If he has to average 20 points or more, it will mean a lot of forced shots, low field goal percentage and that others aren't contributing offensively. Joe, Benny and Jesse should be our top scorers and go to guys taking the pressure off the freshmen. If we can get one freshman to randomly step up each game to give us at least 10 points while 2 others contribute 5 pts each we should be fine. This is not a high scoring team, so defense will be essential.

I prefer that Joe averages 15 to 16 points. If he has to average 20 points or more, it will mean a lot of forced shots, low field goal percentage and that others aren't contributing offensively. Joe, Benny and Jesse should be our top scorers and go to guys taking the pressure off the freshmen. If we can get one freshman to randomly step up each game to give us at least 10 points while 2 others contribute 5 pts each we should be fine. This is not a high scoring team, so defense will be essential.
Mintz will average more points than Benny. I’m pretty confident in that. Benny is not going to be someone we go to in order to get a bucket. He needs to focus on defense, rebounding, and getting garbage points.

Last edited:
Joe Jesse Taylor Mintz Bunch Cope Symir

The guy that led the ACC in 3pt FG% last year is already getting mocked and the season hasn’t started. Nice fanbase.
It’s insane. If JG3 isn’t leading the team in shot attempts there’s a problem. I expect him to average 20, and he should. The notion/insinuation that he is somehow just a random no talent chucker is absurd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom