Preseason Practice... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

First team weve had in a while where running 5 on 5 in practice will truly be like running against a high major opponent day in day out.
I actually think this is low key really important.

Some years under JB we relied pretty heavily on walk-ons for practice minutes. I'm sure that's a great experience for them, but they probably can't push guys the same way a legit scholarship player vying for bench minutes can.

Some years under JB we relied pretty heavily on walk-ons for practice minutes. I'm sure that's a great experience for them, but they probably can't push guys the same way a legit scholarship player vying for bench minutes can.

Yep. I like the camp competition between JJ and Judah too. They both need that as much if not more than playing together in camp. When it's time to be on the court together they both know each other's game from sizing one another up.

I don't think it is even low key. It was a huge problem for years not having a full roster and sometimes not even enough to have a full scrimmage of scholarship players. In my opinion, it was inexcusable. I cannot think of a single reasonable explanation of why we would do that.

I don't think it is even low key. It was a huge problem for years not having a full roster and sometimes not even enough to have a full scrimmage of scholarship players. In my opinion, it was inexcusable. I cannot think of a single reasonable explanation of why we would do that.
An easy answer. JB didn’t want to deal with playing more players. He liked a roster of 9-10 scholarship players. Three less guys to worry about. During the probation years, he was forced to have fewer players.

If JB never had to sub I think he would have been ok with it. The bench complicated things for him.

An easy answer. JB didn’t want to deal with playing more players. He liked a roster of 9-10 scholarship players. Three less guys to worry about. During the probation years, he was forced to have fewer players.
It worked out well.

Battle's sophomore season was worse. We played a walk on in a tournament game because of foul trouble.
That will be the funniest Syracuse tournament game that I'll ever see.

A team with three NBA players scored 53 points and lost to a walk-on. Jaren Jackson Jr played 15 minutes. LMAO. Thanks Izzo.

And screw Miles Bridges.

A team with three NBA players scored 53 points and lost to a walk-on. Jaren Jackson Jr played 15 minutes. LMAO. Thanks Izzo.

And screw Miles Bridges.
Some genius Izzo is. They deserved to lose playing the 4th pick in the draft 15 minutes.

I'm starting to feel things
1697139615674.gif

I recall a baseline dunk he had over Ewing: OMG. (He was really about 6’3”)
I will swear to my dying day that I saw Tony "Red" Bruin catch an alley-oop pass from Leo, hang in the air, then once the opponent equaled his jump height, Tony then went up another couple of inches and dunked. Don't try to convince me I didn't see it!

I will swear to my dying day that I saw Tony "Red" Bruin catch an alley-oop pass from Leo, hang in the air, then once the opponent equaled his jump height, Tony then went up another couple of inches and dunked. Don't try to convince me I didn't see it!
Saw Melo do the same to get a late game defensive rebound vs Auburn. I believe we scored that possession, stemming the tide and securing the game.

Tony had an amazing 42” vertical so it very well was true, I believe you.

At Mater Dei high school, his team had a set tipoff play. When playing teams over which they had a height advantage, as soon as the ref threw the ball up, Tony would take off down court and the guy taking the tip would "tip" the ball all the way down the court to Red for a dunk to start the game. He could sky!

I totally believe you.

And screw Miles Bridges.
I recall the entire last 5-6 minutes, we just ran out the shot clock and then had Battle go 1 on however many guarded him in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom