Preseason Practice... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

I still am in disbelief and awe that Judah came back. So not our luck recently. This kid is going to fly. LGO
With the cars he’s driving and the lifestyle he has, doubt he would’ve even gotten this in the NBA his first year. Not a hard decision.

Yeah we haven’t had a for sure, DAWG and leader like Judah in awhile. Pair him with a healthy Starling and you have a great backcourt that is going to show out. Then you just need solid pieces and tile players around them. Westry will be a great 6th man. Best 6th man since Dion. Then you will have Brown who will be a great Utility guy that does the garbage work which he showed he is good at last year. Benny will be a consistent rebounder, defensive presence that can hit the 3. McLeod will be that big body to anchor the defense, block shots and grab boards that we haven’t had in awhile. This team will be very good and will get us back to our old ways of Autry can coach even a little. This roster is very well constructed and the most athletic and versatile team In awhile too

Yeah we haven’t had a for sure, DAWG and leader like Judah in awhile. Pair him with a healthy Starling and you have a great backcourt that is going to show out. Then you just need solid pieces and tile players around them. Westry will be a great 6th man. Best 6th man since Dion. Then you will have Brown who will be a great Utility guy that does the garbage work which he showed he is good at last year. Benny will be a consistent rebounder, defensive presence that can hit the 3. McLeod will be that big body to anchor the defense, block shots and grab boards that we haven’t had in awhile. This team will be very good and will get us back to our old ways of Autry can coach even a little. This roster is very well constructed and the most athletic and versatile team In awhile too
If we can hit the outside shot at a decent clip to keep defenses honest, we’ll be pretty dangerous, as there aren’t many other areas of weakness.

If we can hit the outside shot at a decent clip to keep defenses honest, we’ll be pretty dangerous, as there aren’t many other areas of weakness.
Benny needs to stop shooting so much and attack the rim more, he’s NOT Kevin Durant lol

Benny needs to stop shooting so much and attack the rim more, he’s NOT Kevin Durant lol

I gotta be honest with myself….I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

I’ll be thrilled with 10, 7, good defense, and 35+% on decent volume from 3.

Basically Ryan Blackwell with less ball handling ability but more hops?

I’d happily take it.

IMG_8930.jpeg

Having guards who can dunk is meh. Having guards who can shot is what's important. Let's see how they do. (I am bullish.) Once they prove they can shoot, then they can dunk.

I think Benny is capable of a consistent 15ppg, 6+ boards. If we get that, we can be a top 20 team. I expect we’re going to play faster than in the past, with more possessions per game, less half-courtliness and plodding. Lots of opportunities for Benny to be the beneficiary of defensive breakdowns, collapses on the guards, and a more freewheeling approach.

[crossies]

I think Benny is capable of a consistent 15ppg, 6+ boards. If we get that, we can be a top 20 team. I expect we’re going to play faster than in the past, with more possessions per game, less half-courtliness and plodding. Lots of opportunities for Benny to be the beneficiary of defensive breakdowns, collapses on the guards, and a more freewheeling approach.

[crossies]
Even if he doesn’t I think we have other options that can step up.

Taylor at the 4 is interesting.

A Judah, JJ, Westry, Taylor, Brown lineup could be tough against teams that aren’t real big or good inside.
I'm somewhat amazed that Taylor seemed to be playing out of position at small forward last season, and now some are penciling him in at power forward minutes.

Amazing what a year's difference makes.

I'm somewhat amazed that Taylor seemed to be playing out of position at small forward last season, and now some are penciling him in at power forward minutes.

Amazing what a year's difference makes.
We’ll see how it goes, but not being stuck to the zone is a big difference maker in terms of being able to play smaller players at the 3 or 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom