Preseason Practice... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

I enjoy your wittiness thoroughly. Always a good read on this board
Thank you, I appreciate that. I don't have a lot to add to this message board, other than humor. Although, I do want to mention that in the video from practice, it looks like Bell is shooting with less of a dip than last year. I may be wrong, but I like his release a bit better than last year. It seems quicker.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I don't have a lot to add to this message board, other than humor. Although, I do want to mention that in the video from practice, it looks like Bell is shooting with less of a dip than last year. I may be wrong, but I like his release a bit better than last year. It seems quicker.
No you’re absolutely right. Not that bells form was bad last year but it looks next level pure in that video. That’s textbook form and I can’t wait to see him play this year.

Dude it’s a hitch..if you wanna see how to shoot a basketball we can meet up at any park in CNY. I’ll gladly show you what Janesville Dewitt and college ball taught me

That doesn't say at all what you think it does in your response. Also *Jamesville... but I hear Janesville is nice in the fall too.

Lighten up Francis. You aren't the only one who knows hoops... and it's OK to disagree.. it's a message board.

Centers look big and bouncy, Williams and McCloud look like they are dunking on a nerf hoop. Taylor and Bell look pure both will play alot and get wide open looks with the ability of our guards to drive and bigs dunking, Red will have to figure out PT and will see if he can be a headcoach and make hard decisions
Just hope either Taylor or Bell can be this teams Rautins. A guy who continually runs, and gets open for a catch and drains the 3.

It's a lower release point. Watch Tyus and Scoop film from SU and the hitch they had on their shots. A couple folks called out JJs release point over the summer. It still looks to be a possible issue we will see. We can agree to disagree but I know exactly what you are calling a hitch. As I said agree to disagree.
I'm curious if his low release point is due to having those shoulder injuries that he suffered last year. I believe Griff mentioned something about having to retool his shot due to that.

This is a better way to put it. It's not a hitch. He is however putting the ball out in front and is setting his shot up lower similar to what you see with guys that tend to use a push shot. His release looks clean and better than last year where it was inconsistent.

Given how much of a threat he is to drive I don't see him getting stripped going up as a likely issue. The release point could be on closeouts though. His ability to hit open looks is most critical honestly and the release being improved should help there.

Something clearly happened at ND that won't return 100 pct back to pre ND. That said if it gets him up around or over 35 pct from 3 that will do just fine and I'm assuming that's what GMac has been working with him to do.

Lots to be excited about. Certainly plenty of questions yet to be answered too. Fun year ahead.
He has to overwrite a seasons worth of mechanics that are now his default. It will take some time. Right now there is still probably some thought going into the mechanics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom