Presser canceled | Syracusefan.com

Presser canceled

cuseguy

Living Legend
Wow.

Penn State is digging itself a bigger whole.

Paterno is done. Penn St fball is done for quite some time.

My only thoughts are that everyone there is involved on some level and there is simply no one who can actually pull the plug. How long before the sate of PA steps in?

Yeah, I saw that. You almost have to laugh at how badly they are handling this

My only thoughts are that everyone there is involved on some level and there is simply no one who can actually pull the plug. How long before the sate of PA steps in?

Yeah who will actually tell Joe Pa to take a hike? He runs the school at this point but somebody needs to

Actually this is the first thing I agreed with. I have to think Paterno, at a Press Conf, could legally incriminate himself, others, etc and was probably talked out of doing it by counsel. His next press conf will be the resignation one. I can't see a scenario where he coaches this weekend.

i don't think they can put paterno in front of a camera right now. who knows What he would say, i mean this is a guy that couldn't remember his starting rb's name a year ago. they can't risk it, he could say something incriminating out of sheer confusion.

i don't think they can put paterno in front of a camera right now. who knows What he would say, i mean this is a guy that couldn't remember his starting rb's name a year ago. they can't risk it, he could say something incriminating out of sheer confusion.

They shouldn't have waited until a hour before the press conference to cancel it. They knew yesterday that Paterno would make a fool of himself at a press conference. Now they've opened up themselves up to more criticism from the national media. This is sorta why they're in this position in the first place. They keep trying to cover things up, figuring it will all go away.

"Due to the ongoing legal circumstances centered around the recent allegations and charges, we have determined that today's press conference cannot be held and will not be rescheduled."

Really? It took you until 40 minutes before the scheduled press conference to determine that? Massive PR gaffe.

Wow.

Penn State is digging itself a bigger whole.

damn, there goes a perfectly good lunch.

They shouldn't have waited until a hour before the press conference to cancel it. They knew yesterday that Paterno would make a fool of himself at a press conference. Now they've opened up themselves up to more criticism from the national media. This is sorta why they're in this position in the first place. They keep trying to cover things up, figuring it will all go away.
i agree with you, that's what i meant in the other thread, i think the leadership is so out of touch that they actually thought they could have a press conference about football today, but cancelled when they realized how dumb that is.

ESPN says hundreds of reporters were waiting for the press conference.

Actually this is the first thing I agreed with. I have to think Paterno, at a Press Conf, could legally incriminate himself, others, etc and was probably talked out of doing it by counsel. His next press conf will be the resignation one. I can't see a scenario where he coaches this weekend.

I agree but it shows how disconnected they are that it took until what 11:30am after all the morning sheetstorm. They really thought they could roll on business as usual.

what a complete embarrassment. it's like they just realized an hour ago there would be a huge media presence there and they might be asking the 84 year old coach some tough questions. who could've seen that coming?

Really? It took you until 40 minutes before the scheduled press conference to determine that? Massive PR gaffe.

translation; "none of you guys are going to follow our football only questions rule so we are canceling. you can go home gregg doyle."

translation; "none of you guys are going to follow our football only questions rule so we are canceling. you can go home gregg doyle."

I mean, I could have told them that would happen before they even sent out the release asking for only Nebraska questions...

That is the issue. Everyone is involved and no one wants to give up power. Unless the Governor steps in, I can't see anyone going. How can the Pres, AD, or HC be fired if they are all guilty?

Putting myself in the PSU administration's shoes:

My suspicion is that Spanier is forcing Paterno out as we speak (either now or at the end of the year), suspending McQueary, forming an investigatory committee that reports to the BOT and trying to ride this out. Guessing a new press conference later this week after they've taken action. Today's conference is a no-win situation for them.

This will be the first time I've been extremely interested in a non-SU game in a while. I'll be more interested in this wknd PSU game than all others, including LSU-Bama.

...sad day for all involved...saddest for the kids...but the PSU family has been saddled with a "mark" that will last for many decades...and all that were part of PSU will have this failure to live with...and most likely die with..."not one person helped beyond saying something is wrong...not one person did the right thing...sad day for all college sports and society as whole...

That is the issue. Everyone is involved and no one wants to give up power. Unless the Governor steps in, I can't see anyone going. How can the Pres, AD, or HC be fired if they are all guilty?

BOT?

...sad day for all involved...saddest for the kids...but the PSU family has been saddled with a "mark" that will last for many decades...and all that were part of PSU will have this failure to live with...and most likely die with..."not one person helped beyond saying something is wrong...not one person did the right thing...sad day for all college sports and society as whole...

Agree. Sad day for society, college sports and Penn State. Paterno is an icon. Sad to see him go out this way. I know people who are DIEHARD Penn State fans. They live less than an hour from State College. I can't imagine what they're thinking right now...but maybe I can.

Agree. Sad day for society, college sports and Penn State. Paterno is an icon. Sad to see him go out this way. I know people who are DIEHARD Penn State fans. They live less than an hour from State College. I can't imagine what they're thinking right now...but maybe I can.

It's not sad to see him go out this way. He ignored child rape. him.

Board of Trustees

LOL. I wasn't asking what it meant I was replying to King as to who could get rid of people since they all seemed to be complicit. For all we know though, some on the BOT could be involved in the cover up too all these years.

I can't believe that Paterno actually thought he would have a chance to discuss the game with Nebraska this weekend during the presser. Naive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom