Private School Attendance Numbers | Syracusefan.com

Private School Attendance Numbers

BlackKnight76

All American
Just doing 2010 because I don't wanna do that much work, but here are the attendance numbers for private schools (I included the academies). Capacity is in parentheses.

Notre Dame - 80,795 (80,795, 100%)
USC - 79,907 (92,572, 86%)
BYU - 61,381 (64,045, 96%)
Miami - 52,575 (76,500, 69%)
TCU - 42,466 (44,088, 96%)
Air Force - 40,093 (52,480, 76%)
Syracuse - 40,064 (49,250, 81%)
Baylor - 40,043 (50,000, 80%)
Stanford - 40,042 (50,000, 80%)
Boston College - 38,369 (44,500, 86%)
Northwestern - 36,449 (47,130, 77%)
Vanderbilt - 33,269 (39,790, 84%)
Navy - 32,653 (34,000, 96%)
Army - 31,667 (40,000, 79%)
Wake Forest - 30,474 (31,500, 97%)
Duke - 28,750 (33,941, 85%)
Rice - 25,571 (70,000, 37%)
SMU - 23,515 (32,000, 73%)
Tulane - 23,220 (69,703, 33%)
Temple - 20,515 (68,532, 30%)
Tulsa - 20,379 (30,000 68%)

Thanks for the numbers. All things being considered I guess it's not as bad as it appears for us attendence wise altough far from ideal. The one that really jumps off that page is Stanford. Elite team, in a top conference last year and we out drew them at the gates. Curious what that figure will look like for the Andrew Luck farewell tour.

If Syracuse can get 45+ and a vocal 45 it would help the staff in recruiting and keep the attendance numbers up around 90%+ . It may just be my opinion but if SU wants to win the BE and be a major player for a National Championship then having the Dome 90% full or more is needed to say the very least.

Army, Navy and Air Force are not Private Schools.
I know, I said I included the academies. I felt like they were similar in terms of fanbase, they don't have the whole "ra ra State U" status to fall back on.

Take the top 16 from that and you have a nice little conference.

THAT is fantastic analysis, BK. Context is critical. Why SU fans feel the need to compare our attendance to SEC and B10 schools is baffling. That's not our peer group.

Seeing as how Miami's attendance is sure to crater, it's entirely possible that if we continue to win, in the next few years we'd jump to 4th. That's fine.

THAT is fantastic analysis, BK. Context is critical. Why SU fans feel the need to compare our attendance to SEC and B10 schools is baffling. That's not our peer group.

Seeing as how Miami's attendance is sure to crater, it's entirely possible that if we continue to win, in the next few years we'd jump to 4th. That's fine.

I don't compare SU to any of those state schools attendance wise but I do hear what recruits say when they visit and see 38k or less at a game. I know that how many people in the stands shouldn't be the main decision why an 18 year old kid picks a school but it certainly helps the basketball program and a vocal 90% full Dome would help build this team. If SU wants to claim it's NY's team then getting people's fannies in those seats would certainly help prove that.

While Stanford number is surprising, I don't consider them an elite team.

Like I said in the other thread.

If anything Syracuse outperforms its peers in terms of attendance. If empty seats are a problem, then Cuse needs to blow up around 10 to 15k seats and jack up the prices because thats what we should be competing and measuring against. We do not have a unique problem at all.

Like I said in the other thread.

If anything Syracuse outperforms its peers in terms of attendance. If empty seats are a problem, then Cuse needs to blow up around 10 to 15k seats and jack up the prices because thats what we should be competing and measuring against. We do not have a unique problem at all.

I don't look at it as a problem but an opportunity to go to the next level.

We are the next level when it comes to Private schools. Even at our low right now. People ahead of us:

Religous - ND, BYU.
Huge Markets with tradition - USC, Miami.
TCU - Big Market. Great team recently. TEXAS.

There is nothing wrong with the communities support. And sure it could be better. There is always room for improvement.

I don't look at it as a problem but an opportunity to go to the next level.

I don't believe that Miami number at all. I lived in South Florida for a bit and had Miami season tickets in '09 (they have the $100 welfare tickets too) and other than the game against Oklahoma, the place was never very full. I have a picture that I'll try to find of the crowd right before the start of the Clemson game. There might have been 10k in the seats, and that was supposed to be a pretty big game.

We are the next level when it comes to Private schools. Even at our low right now. People ahead of us:

Religous - ND, BYU.
Huge Markets with tradition - USC, Miami.
TCU - Big Market. Great team recently. TEXAS.

There is nothing wrong with the communities support. And sure it could be better. There is always room for improvement.

Wake Forrest has a better % than Syracuse. I just do not understand the thought of "let's see how well they play before I support them" type thinking.

As a curiosity, how come the Big East private schools were left off the list i.e. Pittsburgh, Louisville, and Cincinatti?

Wake is higher because their stadium only holds 31k. Cuse would be 100% at that size.

Wake Forrest has a better % than Syracuse. I just do not understand the thought of "let's see how well they play before I support them" type thinking.

Wake is higher because their stadium only holds 31k. Cuse would be 100% at that size.

And schools with bigger stadiums could say the same thing about SU and their 50K.

Just doing 2010 because I don't wanna do that much work, but here are the attendance numbers for private schools (I included the academies). Capacity is in parentheses.

Notre Dame - 80,795 (80,795, 100%)
USC - 79,907 (92,572, 86%)
BYU - 61,381 (64,045, 96%)
Miami - 52,575 (76,500, 69%)
TCU - 42,466 (44,088, 96%)
Air Force - 40,093 (52,480, 76%)
Syracuse - 40,064 (49,250, 81%)
Baylor - 40,043 (50,000, 80%)

Stanford - 40,042 (50,000, 80%)
Boston College - 38,369 (44,500, 86%)
Northwestern - 36,449 (47,130, 77%)
Vanderbilt - 33,269 (39,790, 84%)
Navy - 32,653 (34,000, 96%)
Army - 31,667 (40,000, 79%)
Wake Forest - 30,474 (31,500, 97%)
Duke - 28,750 (33,941, 85%)
Rice - 25,571 (70,000, 37%)
SMU - 23,515 (32,000, 73%)
Tulane - 23,220 (69,703, 33%)
Temple - 20,515 (68,532, 30%)
Tulsa - 20,379 (30,000 68%)
Stanford has an elite type following due to its academic and athletic success. When I look at Syracuse I see a city and school located in the middle of a highly populated state with major highways intersecting and feeding the city. No reason why it should not be drawing more from all points in the state. It should also be an economic benefit to the area. Something is keeping big corporations out of there. A reason for cause and correction should be sought and rectified. You need a mayor to go after this cause and effect now. Its intolerable that the area is considered economically depressed to a large extent. GE and Carrier are gone . Bring in a someone to deal with that. Are wage demands too high?Somehow this points to the attendance problem as well.Does the city need more low en motel and hotel accommodations? sorry I gt carried away when I see things that should and ought be corrected with some effort by those with e ability and power to accomplish something good for the community youand I lived in. I loved Syracuse and at times regret I never moved back but the circumstances weren't right Like leaving a good paying job for without a replacement in my hand. I did have an offer to go to Marine Midland as a go between in a merge acquisition but I determined that I was going to be an ax man to tons of people in the acquired institution and thats not something I would enjoy doing even for a good amount of $. Its not me. So I declined and that was that.:(

Interesting stuff. Of the 10 largest private universities in the US, only 2 (USC and BYU) have FBS programs. According to the list I saw, both are over 30k enrollment. Combined with USC's location and proximity to it's alumni base, BYU's niche, and of course Notre Dame's Notre Dameness, it's not shocking there's such a disparity.

SU is actually next on the FBS enrollment list (12th largest private university overall), but a handful (Miami, Duke...) are close. Definitely helps put things into perspective. Moreover, TCU and Stanford were the only privates to finish 2010 in the BCS top 25.

Last year (when the numbers are from) they were extremely good. I guess elite team is the wrong term, but they were pretty darn good and alot of fun to watch in what i saw of them.

Stanford has an elite type following due to its academic and athletic success. When I look at Syracuse I see a city and school located in the middle of a highly populated state with major highways intersecting and feeding the city. No reason why it should not be drawing more from all points in the state. It should also be an economic benefit to the area. Something is keeping big corporations out of there. A reason for cause and correction should be sought and rectified. You need a mayor to go after this cause and effect now. Its intolerable that the area is considered economically depressed to a large extent. GE and Carrier are gone . Bring in a someone to deal with that. Are wage demands too high?Somehow this points to the attendance problem as well.Does the city need more low en motel and hotel accommodations? sorry I gt carried away when I see things that should and ought be corrected with some effort by those with e ability and power to accomplish something good for the community youand I lived in. I loved Syracuse and at times regret I never moved back but the circumstances weren't right Like leaving a good paying job for without a replacement in my hand. I did have an offer to go to Marine Midland as a go between in a merge acquisition but I determined that I was going to be an ax man to tons of people in the acquired institution and thats not something I would enjoy doing even for a good amount of $. Its not me. So I declined and that was that.:(
welcome back Cali

North Carolina also has alot more fair weather days to give their fair weather fans 1 less excuse on why they cant go to a game on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom