Pro Day: March 20 | Syracusefan.com

Pro Day: March 20

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
MicrosoftTeams-image.png

It def did. I personally know a few scouts that were severely disappointed he wasn’t able to do 40 and other things. They think pro days don’t have as much merit. We’ll see
I hope we are both wrong. I think him not being healthy for the combine confirms that he was playing pretty hurt and banged up last year.

Just didn’t have that extra gear. It was obvious if you compare video from 2021 to 2022. I think it was ankle, calf and foot at various points of season.
Your right on especially when you said about comparing 21 to 22. That's what I did a could see the step slower. Great minds think alike

It’s crazy because that first screen he took to the house before he got hurt in the opener showed he had a extra gear going into the season. It’s what dino was talking about in the preseason when he said tucker got faster.

What is the point of his video? He can prove all that in person very soon. Is it an effort to increase attendance?

I hope we are both wrong. I think him not being healthy for the combine confirms that he was playing pretty hurt and banged up last year.
His history of being injured all year, and still not being healthy enough for the combine is going to hurt his draft status.
Most teams aren't going to take a chance on him unless he comes in as a free agent.

What is the point of his video? He can prove all that in person very soon. Is it an effort to increase attendance?
The point of the video is that he can hand copies out to every NFL scout/coach at The SU Pro Day. In addition if he runs a 4.29 like he did as a sophomre at Calvert Hall HS it will be even better. We will see on Monday if he improves or not on the numbers I posted from his video.

It shows a healthy Sean Tucker capable of great numbers on a lot of things, among them the VJ - 41.5" for Sean who is 5' 9" +, two attempts at the 40 and the 20 splits 4.33 ain't bad +, Bench Press 28 Reps 185 very strong +, agility looking very good +, catching the ball running various routes, great hands +, 10 YD split 1.54 +, 50 " block jump +.

Except for one back Devin Achane who ran a 4.32, Sean's numbers on everything are best.

I was disappointed when he didn't workout at the Combine. Perhaps this video and what he does tomorrow will help ease some of his and the NFL's pain.

I wish him all the best as he goes through the drills. He is a great back and person.

His history of being injured all year, and still not being healthy enough for the combine is going to hurt his draft status.
Most teams aren't going to take a chance on him unless he comes in as a free agent.
He think he's going undrafted?

He just needs one time to like him more than they like anyone else at their draft spot.

Not so sure how you get that from it. I think obviously any injury in general is a negative. But I think he was injured all year and played solidly to the point you almost couldn’t tell. I think he hid his injury or injuries well. He doesn’t have multiple season of injury concerns. He has a really solid strong frame. It could go along way if he shows he’s healthy now, fast and explosive. For me In a way, he almost showed how durable he can be.

Is the combine still considered a slower surface than what guys tend to run on on pro days? Is that why scouts like seeing guys at the combine, so that it's an apples to apples comparison?

Literally his clone. I think tucker goes 3-5 round and if he stays healthy he will be apart of an NFL teams RB rotation for a good 5-8 years. He will do well, I’m not worried about him making it, he will.
He drops past the 3rd round who ever drafts him got a steal.

On another note. With GS injured who do you think throws to the receivers.

Tuck at 4.3 and close to 30 reps at 225 plus 41 inch vert (if I recall from video) puts him possibly top 3 RBs on the board from a "measurables" standpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom