Projected 2013 football schedule | Syracusefan.com

Projected 2013 football schedule

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
PSU @ Meadowlands
@Northwestern
Pitt
Clemson
FSU
Maryland
NCSt
Wake Forest
@ BC
VT or UNC or Miami
UVa or Duke or GaTech
vs. FCS

Edited to use "pairs".
Edited2 to fix NW location.

PSU @ Meadowlands
vs. Northwestern
Pitt
Clemson
FSU
Maryland
NCSt
Wake Forest
@ BC
VT or GT or Duke or UNC or Miami or UVa
VT or GT or Duke or UNC or Miami or UVa
vs. FCS
OUCH. That was the year I expected 8-4 for us, Marrone's final year of the foundation rebuild.

I would like to see us play

9 ACC
1 BCS
1 1AA

That will give us 5 BCS home games and 5 BCS road games. The 1AA will add a 6th home game. Then I would like to see a non BCS 2 for 1 deal, giving us 7 home 2 of 3 seasons and only 6 the 3rd season. Which means I would like to see us move NW back to another year.

So the ACC isn't going to pussyfy their schedule like the sec does and plays 9 instead of 8 conference games?

Big boy teams play Big boy schedules. Let's not get intimidated now.

Oline will have some impressive looking 2nd and 3rd year players on the field, our running QB of the future will be in place, RB talent will be experienced enough and have enough different looks to be effective, new TE talent should be ready, only ? is having big time WR threats step up.

Defense should have enough size/strength in the trenches to compete, LB's will be fast and experienced, and we will have the playmakers in the secondary to compete.

If we can add a few immediate impact guys in next years recruiting class we should put a respectable product on the field at the very least.

We can still go 8-4 with that schedule.

Ws: NW, Pitt, MD, NCSt, Wake, UVa, BC, FCS
Ls: PSU, Clemson, FSU, VaT

Tough schedules attract tough kids.

"We play Penn St. We play Clemson. We play Florida St. Virginia Tech. Miami. You want to play big time college football? You want to play right away? Come to Syracuse."

Seems like a pretty good pitch to 4 and 5 star high school players to me.

Tough schedules attract tough kids.

"We play Penn St. We play Clemson. We play Florida St. Virginia Tech. Miami. You want to play big time college football? You want to play right away? Come to Syracuse."

Plus, along the whole east coast we can promote them being able to play near home quite a bit.

Oh I'm excited and can not wait for that spring game it just bothers me that the sec will remain a 8 games with 14 teams and avoids playing more conference games...the ACC manned up but the sec knows how to play the bullsheet game like no other. With no playoff the sec will remain having a minimum of 1 team in the finals like when Bama played only 3 teams over 500 all year, hell if su did that in hoops we'd hear more people complain than there are microphones. I don't want to take away from this good news thread though and I like the looks of our future at su, sunny and the oranges will be growing to their prime!

Time to step up admin. Time to make the investments now!

Oline will have some impressive looking 2nd and 3rd year players on the field, our running QB of the future will be in place, RB talent will be experienced enough and have enough different looks to be effective, new TE talent should be ready, only ? is having big time WR threats step up.

Defense should have enough size/strength in the trenches to compete, LB's will be fast and experienced, and we will have the playmakers in the secondary to compete.

If we can add a few immediate impact guys in next years recruiting class we should put a respectable product on the field at the very least.

Actually our running QB will be making his first starts. I sure hope DM has a package in place next year for whomever wins that job. One/two series a game is an absolute necessity. I hope we aren't going to go the trial by fire route.

Agree. Going to be a tough first couple years in conference, nail-biters likely. We still have some catching up to do talent-wise.

But what a better pitch. Upgraded existing facilities, unfolding plans to build a new practice facility, coaching stability, more $ and investment in program, great schedule.

Plus, along the whole east coast we can promote them being able to play near home quite a bit.

Hopefully we hire guys with connections to the East going forward. For recruiting purposes our coaches are very MW centric right now. In an ideal world I would want to see:

Asst 1 NYS/PA
Asst 2 NYC/NJ/NE
Asst 3 Fla
Asst 4 MD/VA/DE
Asst 5 GA/SC/NC
Asst 6 Ohio/Mich
Asst 7 CA/TX

PSU @ Meadowlands
vs. Northwestern
Pitt
Clemson
FSU
Maryland
NCSt
Wake Forest
@ BC
VT or UNC or Miami
UVa or Duke or GaTech
vs. FCS

Edited to use "pairs".

Isn't Northwestern a road game in 2013? I turn 40 in September 2013 and I remember thinking I should have a 2 city tour party in NYC and Chicago based on our schedule.

It's likely we're going to get 5 ACC road games in 2013 if play starts that year. The location of the Pitt game would determine if we get 5 home or 5 away I would think. And Pitt comes to the Dome in 2012, so we probably go there in 2013.

That would be 7 non Dome games right off the bat. Tough one... Maybe we can talk Pitt into back to back trips, depending on how their 2013 non conf looks.

Isn't Northwestern a road game in 2013? I turn 40 in September 2013 and I remember thinking I should have a 2 city tour party in NYC and Chicago based on our schedule.

It's likely we're going to get 5 ACC road games in 2013 if play starts that year. The location of the Pitt game would determine if we get 5 home or 5 away I would think. And Pitt comes to the Dome in 2012, so we probably go there in 2013.

That would be 7 non Dome games right off the bat. Tough one... Maybe we can talk Pitt into back to back trips, depending on how their 2013 non conf looks.

Yes, it is @ NW. Home this season. My bad.

PSU @ Meadowlands
@Northwestern
Pitt
Clemson
FSU
Maryland
NCSt
Wake Forest
@ BC
VT or UNC or Miami
UVa or Duke or GaTech
vs. FCS

Edited to use "pairs".
Edited2 to fix NW location.

You can count me in for season ticks. Finally a real Div 1 football schedule. So pumped for this.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find another BCS school having 11 BCS teams on their schedule in a season.