Projecting Future Pro's | Syracusefan.com

Projecting Future Pro's

anomander

Living Legend
What underclassmen (Fr+So) do you feel have the most potential to play on Sunday's???

In order of confidence

Isiah Johnson DE - Is already 6'4 270. Has shown potential to be a game changer as a true Freshman. Has a great first step, strong, and has a high motor. imo he is already the best DE on the current roster. Chandler Jones clone

Durrell Eskridge SS - 6'3 207. Has above average NFL size, with the ability to add additional weight to his frame. As a former WR has above average speed. Great against the run, but like most young safeties needs to work on his coverage, and diagnosis skills.

Julian Whigham CB - 6'1 187. Above average NFL size with the ability to add more weight without effecting speed. Great ball skills. Only question mark could be top end speed, but has size to make up for it.

George Morris RB - 6'0 203 - Slightly above average NFL size. slightly above average speed. Should be a very productive back

Now these are a little more questionable, but imo they have potential

Ron Thompson DE - 6'4 270 - Good size, but has to keep good weight. Great athlete. Going to be interesting to see what kind of motor he has.

Nick Robinson OG - 6'5 297 - Has good size for an NFL guard, with some room to grow. Still a bit raw, but has shown solid strength, and run blocking ability. He could be a sleeper

Ashton Broyld ATH - 6'4 221 - NFL loves athletes like this. He isn't playing WR in the NFL, and I don't know where he could play, but if he is willing to switch positions he could get a shot. If I was him I would have switched to an OLB 2 years ago, and would be a shoe-in to get paid one day. For now a long shot

Brisly Estime WR - 5'9 170 - Going to be interesting to see his development. Obviously below average size, but high end speed. Not sure if he would make it as a slot receiver, or a Tavon Austin type of KR/PR/WR, but my money is on CB. Long shot for now

Any thoughts?

You don't know how many people, going back to his HS days, have told AB if he wanted to play for pay he'd have to move to the other side of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't know how many people, going back to his HS days, have told AB if he wanted to play for pay he'd have to move to the other side of the ball.

unfortunately, he doesn't like hard contact. but yes you are right.

What underclassmen (Fr+So) do you feel have the most potential to play on Sunday's???

In order of confidence

Isiah Johnson DE - Is already 6'4 270. Has shown potential to be a game changer as a true Freshman. Has a great first step, strong, and has a high motor. imo he is already the best DE on the current roster. Chandler Jones clone

Durrell Eskridge SS - 6'3 207. Has above average NFL size, with the ability to add additional weight to his frame. As a former WR has above average speed. Great against the run, but like most young safeties needs to work on his coverage, and diagnosis skills.

Julian Whigham CB - 6'1 187. Above average NFL size with the ability to add more weight without effecting speed. Great ball skills. Only question mark could be top end speed, but has size to make up for it.

George Morris RB - 6'0 203 - Slightly above average NFL size. slightly above average speed. Should be a very productive back

Ron Thompson DE - 6'4 270 - Good size, but has to keep good weight. Great athlete. Going to be interesting to see what kind of motor he has.

Nick Robinson OG - 6'5 297 - Has good size for an NFL guard, with some room to grow. Still a bit raw, but has shown solid strength, and run blocking ability. He could be a sleeper

Ashton Broyld ATH - 6'4 221 - NFL loves athletes like this. He isn't playing WR in the NFL, and I don't know where he could play, but if he is willing to switch positions he could get a shot. If I was him I would have switched to an OLB 2 years ago, and would be a shoe-in to get paid one day. For now a long shot

Brisly Estime WR - 5'9 170 - Going to be interesting to see his development. Obviously below average size, but high end speed. Not sure if he would make it as a slot receiver, or a Tavon Austin type of KR/PR/WR, but my money is on CB. Long shot for now

Any thoughts?
I think Zeke has the best (probably only shot) at being a first round pick some day of the current roster
I would rank Whigham #2 prospect of the FR/sophs...love his playmaking
I think Nick Robinson is a terrific sleeper pick and might be 3a with Eskridge for me
I would put MacFarlane on the sleeper list. RB is a real tough position since talented RBs are like a dime a dozen but MacFarlane does have a well rounded skill set that translates well at NFL

At this point with the lack of playmaking from WR and the big recruiting class coming in my best guess is that only West and Estime as having major rolls next year. I believe it just wont happen for broyld. and Estime is a terrific player for SU but i dont know he will pop off the page the way Tavon Austin does and to make it in the NFL u have to be a human highlight film at 5-9

anybody else that deserves sleeper status would be OL or DL but i am not sure who exactly that would be from guys like Knapp, Foy, Raymon or Sloan

I agree with what's listed here, to add:

Batten has great measurables but we've yet to see if that translates.

Kyle Knapp IMO will end up being very good and has a shot. Double that for Emerich who at the same size as Knapp has NFL Center measurables.

this is the football board equivilant of a hoop board 'i think we have 8 NBA players on the roster...', post.

Brisly does not have enough reps for me to judge his ability, but if he going to ever be a pro football player, it will probably be north of the border, eh?

upload_2013-11-20_10-24-39.jpeg

this is the football board equivilant of a hoop board 'i think we have 8 NBA players on the roster...', post.
We've had two draft picks per year in '09, '10, '11 & 12 with 3 taken in '13 and Lemon looking like he'll garner a long look. I think that may continue to trend upward. 3 draft picks a year and a couple of UFA is very doable. Although I think projecting the current fr & so classes is an exercise in futility.

I think Whigham has tremendous potential if he can stay healthy. Hickey, Bromley, and Spruill can play on sundays. Reddish and Lyn also have a shot. Will be interesting to see Broyld's development.

In order of confidence

Any thoughts?

I think Knapp, Trudo and Emerich will play in the NFL (think Knapp and Trudo could go as juniors, think Emerich would need 5 years). Still think Kendall Moore would make a heck of a tackle.

I think Marquez Hodge is flying under the radar, but he fought his way to near the top of the LB depth chart as a true frosh and that is a position many people thought we had been recruiting well.

Whigham and Esk biggest problems will be durability, but they have all the talent to start for NFL teams down the road.

As far as DL, who knows? So much time for those kids to develop, but guys like Thompson, Johnson, Sloan and Raymon have all shown at least a flash of having the necessary talent level.

You're talking about a guy that gave up a pick against MD because he didn't want to get hit over the middle. Not a chance he would be a defensive player.

No one else thinks Dyshawn Davis has a shot?

Cam Lynch or my name isn't Miles Davis.

Cam Lynch or my name isn't Miles Davis.
Also no chance, he's 5'10'' and definitely not fast enough. If Derrell Smith couldn't make an NFL roster, not a chance Cam does.

Also no chance, he's 5'10'' and definitely not fast enough. If Derrell Smith couldn't make an NFL roster, not a chance Cam does.

Do any NFL teams have the jersey number 9 open? :cool:

No one else thinks Dyshawn Davis has a shot?

i was mainly listing Fr and So I thought have a chance. I think Davis could get a look, but is a bit to small for OLB

as for some of the other names mentioned

I thought about Knapp projecting as a guard, but is still about 25lbs too light, and has a lot to prove. I didn't think about center though. Same goes for Emerich
I also think Trudo is too small, although he does move pretty well
Hodge is definitely too small for LBer in the NFL

I don't know how anyone is projecting Emerich. he has barely played to this point.

i was mainly listing Fr and So I thought have a chance. I think Davis could get a look, but is a bit to small for OLB

as for some of the other names mentioned

I thought about Knapp projecting as a guard, but is still about 25lbs too light, and has a lot to prove. I didn't think about center though. Same goes for Emerich
I also think Trudo is too small, although he does move pretty well
Hodge is definitely too small for LBer in the NFL
Trudo doesn't move very well. Why do you think we have Macky pulling?