Props from a Gopher Fan | Syracusefan.com

Props from a Gopher Fan

Mgui

Walk On
Good game tonight. Instead of thinking SU was not bowl team quality I now believe they're 6-6 record was legit. I saw much more heart and effort from a team that was obviously undermanned in almost every position except QB. If we could field a signal caller above room temperature it probably would have only been a 3+ score victory. Congrats and hopefully you guys qualify for a better bowl next year. Obviously this one is pretty anticlimactic.

Props for stopping by. Tough loss for yall, but you got a good team. Thanks for the congrats.

Good game tonight. Instead of thinking SU was not bowl team quality I now believe they're 6-6 record was legit. I saw much more heart and effort from a team that was obviously undermanned in almost every position except QB. If we could field a signal caller above room temperature it probably would have only been a 3+ score victory. Congrats and hopefully you guys qualify for a better bowl next year. Obviously this one is pretty anticlimactic.

our offensive line was pretty dominant. our slot receivers were dominant. our defensive line was pretty damn good, and so were our linebacekrs.

your team is pretty damn awful actually, especially your QB.

Congrats on your best season since 1905 while we are happy with a rebuilding victory. it was nice passing you on the way up though

take care

did you mean SU was undermanned at each spot other than QB? If so, we didn't watch the same game.

Thanks but... Syracuse was undermanned against FSU, against Clemson, G Tech... but they were the better team all around in this game. If cuse finishes drives better this isn't a nail biter.

I was very disappointed in the standard of play of Minn. I expected so much more from the yapping you guys did. It wasn't just your qb. Your team was a bit soft.

Obviously undermanned? Maybe you can beat us in ice fishing; you're winless against us in every other sport this year, rodeo included.

Oh, and by the way, if we had your schedule, we would have won at least 9 games.

Thanks, but I'll take every player on Syracuse over your team. ;) I was pretty happy with this bowl. Next year will be year 2 in the Shafer experience. Can't wait.

Do all you guys who liked this post realize he/she was being a ? It took SU beating this 8 win team to prove that we are a "legit" 6-6 team. If they had even an average QB they would have won by 3+ scores?

And this was "props"?

Now that you'll both be B1G fans, you should definitely schedule a lunch with RutgersAl. He might be your soulmate.

I bet our cheerleaders would beat them in whatever comp cheerleaders cheerlead in.

Thanks for the props but I think we held you star RB to less than 100 yards (and finished the season without allowing any 1oo yard rushers). It also goes without saying that our punter matched yours and, other than our FG kicker (who is a replacement), our ST were at least your equal. We had 208 yds rushing to your 127. I think if we played you 10 times we would beat you 7 or 8.

Who's that dude they were gushing about pre-game on your D-line? Hageman? I had to ask because I barely heard his name all game.

You know who's name I did hear? Jay Bromley.

Our players make plays unlike your charmin soft golden gophers.

You resorted to throwing bombs in hopes of a big play because we beat the **** out of you physically.

Nice try with that backwards-a$$ congrats though..

Thanks for the props but I think we held you star RB to less than 100 yards (and finished the season without allowing any 1oo yard rushers). It also goes without saying that our punter matched yours and, other than our FG kicker (who is a replacement), our ST were at least your equal. We had 208 yds rushing to your 127. I think if we played you 10 times we would beat you 7 or 8.

Nope. It's the new B1G math. Out of 10 times, we'd beat them 11, maybe 12. Edsall will be such a nice fit out there...

Do all you guys who liked this post realize he/she was being a ? It took SU beating this 8 win team to prove that we are a "legit" 6-6 team. If they had even an average QB they would have won by 3+ scores?

And this was "props"?
I do but like on twitter, a like/favorite/retweet from me does not mean I agree. Just acknowledging read it. OK? ;)

Wow, I was gonna give you props for coming over here and showing sportsmanship, but you're obviously backhanded complement made me change my mind. We were so undermanned everywhere besides quarterback that we held your team to 127 yards rushing (your strength on offense) while we ran for 208 with three running backs averaging 4+ ypc. Apparently we're ok on our o-line and defensive front 7 too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom