Props from a Gopher Fan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Props from a Gopher Fan

I think when it comes to that "expert" and the donkey and who was doing the riding, you have it reversed.

Which reminds me, I should visit Tijuana sometime.
99% of the posters on the aptly named gopherHole site give SU zero credit for last night's game. A couple admit our D line is better and one sees that our skill players are faster. Delusional and arrogant is not a good combination. But they are right about one thing - they didn't belong in the Texas Bowl - maybe they did not belong in any bowl. With 6 straight bowl losses, they should try winning a bowl game before they run their mouths about how they shoulda-coulda had a better opponent.

99% of the posters on the aptly named gopherHole site give SU zero credit for last night's game. A couple admit our D line is better and one sees that our skill players are faster. Delusional and arrogant is not a good combination. But they are right about one thing - they didn't belong in the Texas Bowl - maybe they did not belong in any bowl. With 6 straight bowl losses, they should try winning a bowl game before they run their mouths about how they shoulda-coulda had a better opponent.

It really is unbelievable--for a team that hasn't accomplished dick in decades, the level of arrogance is hard to understand.

But bottom line--F them. I hope that there were a lot of unhappy gopher faces in Dinkytown [their aptly named equivalent of marshall street] last night.

Mgui said:
Whoopsies not true. We've won 10 games within past under Mason but some silly reason whoopsies. As much as the media loves to focus on the number 9 for some reason, the program has won 10 games in the last decade including a bowl win over Alabama. Going to 11 bowls in the past 15 seasons doesn't mean what it used to in the old days.
only thing respectable about minny is coach kill, other than that go back to your shanties... WOOOOO

Good game tonight. Instead of thinking SU was not bowl team quality I now believe they're 6-6 record was legit. I saw much more heart and effort from a team that was obviously undermanned in almost every position except QB. If we could field a signal caller above room temperature it probably would have only been a 3+ score victory. Congrats and hopefully you guys qualify for a better bowl next year. Obviously this one is pretty anticlimactic.
You betcha. Im so tired of Minnesota

Good news for Minnesota is that Maryland and Rutgers are joining their conference, bad news is that they'll be in the other division. I wonder if Minnesota will ever win at least 9 games again?

Good game tonight. Instead of thinking SU was not bowl team quality I now believe they're 6-6 record was legit. I saw much more heart and effort from a team that was obviously undermanned in almost every position except QB. If we could field a signal caller above room temperature it probably would have only been a 3+ score victory. Congrats and hopefully you guys qualify for a better bowl next year. Obviously this one is pretty anticlimactic.

I guess you bring up a good point... the fact that you managed to win 4 games in the Big 10 with those QBs says all you need to know about the overall "quality" of the Big 10. There is a reason the Big 10 loses most of their bowl games... the level of competition increases from what they face during the season and they can't handle it.

Syracuse put up more yards against Minnesota's "vaunted" defense than every Big 10 team that they played except Iowa and Indiana. Syracuse exceeded their season rushing average, while Minnesota was far below theirs (-75 yards). So I guess it was all about Minnesota's QB(s) after all... :crazy:

Being delusional has to be a prerequisite for Gopher fanhood. Why else would anyone actually like them? It certainly isn't based on success.

douche bag post

Slowest dullest team we played all year.

The game was basically NC State, Wake Forest and Maryland all over again except we let them off the hook early in the fourth quarter and needed heroics to get the game back. But Minny wasn't really any better than those teams.

Last edited:
our offensive line was pretty dominant. our slot receivers were dominant. our defensive line was pretty damn good, and so were our linebacekrs.

your team is pretty damn awful actually, especially your QB.

Congrats on your best season since 1905 while we are happy with a rebuilding victory. it was nice passing you on the way up though

take care

They've had a pretty strong history but you have to go back in history to find it.
http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Minnesota.htm

like nj state they have some history at the infancy of the game -they just havent grown with football the way su has -

they can have fun with jersey state playing for the bottom of the league title

Apparently I did it wrong the first time around.
Let's see if I can get this right now...FCUK Minnesucka!!!!

The OP reminds me of Super Purple Cat. Remember him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom