PS: Can Syracuse's Frank Howard rebound from rough season? (SU player evaluations) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Can Syracuse's Frank Howard rebound from rough season? (SU player evaluations)

I love your posts because you think you bother me. I could careless what you what you think.

Scratch your head. Where did I say Frank's confidence would go down? I said keep expectations low so the player doesn't have a high bar to clear. Gerry saying expect great things instead of just saying expect the kid to get better puts higher expectations on the kid. Higher expectations on the kid means the fanbase should expect more.

Go continue scratching your head though.

Meh. At least it's better than giving him the "Tyler Roberson" treatment.

Meh. At least it's better than giving him the "Tyler Roberson" treatment.
Yeah for what Howard has done for JB to not to give him the Roberson treatment is shocking. Something had to happen behind the scenes for why JB just criticized Roberson time after time and he is being different with a guy who hurt the program last summer.

Yeah for what Howard has done for JB to not to give him the Roberson treatment is shocking. Something had to happen behind the scenes for why JB just criticized Roberson time after time and he is being different with a guy who hurt the program last summer.
Exactly, there's a certain % of things that happen and have reason, that no one here will have answers for within the SU program. And that goes for people who know and talk to coaches including Red, Hop, etc. But people think they have and need answers for 100% of what goes on. We don't and won't and that's ok.

Agree about his past indiscretions, but that still doesn't excuse his attitude or demeanor.

Agreed. I just mean if they kept him here then you have to assume they feel they can let bygones be bygones and move forward. Not saying it's a great decision necessarily, but dwelling on that stuff doesn't make any since given their decision.

See, you misinterpret criticism and concerns (in the current state of things) as unworthy fans or bad posters. If Frank plays well and turns it around I would be thrilled beyond belief. He would've come a long way and deserving of major praise. I just am not prediciting that but maybe you have prophet-like visions.

I don't know -- I think there's a tendency to call a player like frank MCW when he has a good game (that literally happened this year) and an equal tendency to look at a player that had a lost year and say 'well, he's useless and should leave he program.'

The idea that frank could provide some ok depth doesn't seem crazy since he has had some nice moments and he's actually a third-year player. Is it likely? Don't know but it's not impossible.

Last edited:
See, you misinterpret criticism and concerns (in the current state of things) as unworthy fans or bad posters. If Frank plays well and turns it around I would be thrilled beyond belief. He would've come a long way and deserving of major praise. I just am not prediciting that but maybe you have prophet-like visions.
read much?

Why even say anything publicly Gerry. Lower the freaking expectations don't raise them.

I didn't hear the quote, but I'd have to imagine this was more of a public show of confidence in Frank than anything that would pump expectations. Gerry doesn't seem to be the "this is the best team we've had in a long time" type.

I can't imagine a person that watched any amount of Syracuse basketball last season expects Frank Howard to become a star this year based on a few lines of coachspeak.

I won't even read the replies, as I already know what will be said.

My opinion has never changed. Frank will come back strong, and the fans who want him gone will jump aboard. He's a PG, not a SG. We need him to play well, and he will. Gonna be a long off-season listening to the hate. I hope Frank doesn't read it. If he does, then know that a lot of us have your back. We have faith in you, and know it's only been two years with a leash around you. Silent G, and Joseph then JG. Time to shine in year 3.

coach drives over you . then backs up and hits you again. and then puts it back in drive and... this helps how ?

Frank needs to just dribble the basketball everywhere he goes all off season. That would be a step in the right direction.
Frank needs to play against great comp this summer, shoot foul shots each day until he can consistently make 5 in a row, write "i promise to be a good teammate" 100 times a day on the team whiteboard. say 10 our fathers and 20 hale Marys every Saturday. Carry a silver bullet on his person at all times and throw salt over his shoulder prior to each practice.

Wonder if we can get the exhibitions against that canadian powerhouse back

To be fair, I think when we played and beat Carleton last time they may have beaten Wisconsin in the same exhibition season. Or at least it was like a one possession game or something.

Being run out of the building by Carlton is about as good as getting run out of the gym by BC and St Johns.

Carlton's more on par with VTech, Providence, Marquette etc. than it is with BC and SJU.

I don't think we'd be ran out of the gym by them. Even if we were, it'd give us a better look at existing issues without the consequences of an out of conference away game.

Carlton's more on par with VTech, Providence, Marquette etc. than it is with BC and SJU.

I don't think we'd be ran out of the gym by them. Even if we were, it'd give us a better look at existing issues without the consequences of an out of conference away game.

We'd be run out of the gym by Oak Hill with our roster, actually, probably by any team with a defensive offensive center and sub-par point guard.

We'd be run out of the gym by Oak Hill with our roster, actually, probably by any team with a defensive offensive center and sub-par point guard.

If we can let Lemoyne beat us, I don't see whats wrong with a exhibition with top 25 calibre competition to give us a head start and advantage before the season starts.

I don't care if a YMCA pickup team would beat us, still thinks its a great idea to participate in exhibitions against solid competition like Carlton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom