PS Day 1 observations | Syracusefan.com

PS Day 1 observations

"Let him throw a deep post, a comeback, a seam route. Then I'll decide if it has pop. A lot of quarterbacks (and non-football players) can throw a ball 15 yards with pop."

What a douche.

"Let him throw a deep post, a comeback, a seam route. Then I'll decide if it has pop. A lot of quarterbacks (and non-football players) can throw a ball 15 yards with pop."

What a douche.

Looks like he changed that sentence.

This sounds like he has no clue as to what's going on at practice, but made sure to point out what everyone was wearing so that people would believe he was actually there. Awful.

He's trying to be a good writer.

Shafer wore his traditional white visor, navy blue short-sleeved rain slicker, khaki shorts and white shoes.
-------------------------

I'm sorry, but nothing in that sentence says "Hard-nosed." Color me concerned.

This was the most shallow practice report I've ever read. How about some substance, Mr. Cohen?

I find Cohen's syntax to be brutal.

We just need to hook a few of these up:

I sat around all day at work, excited for day 1 of SU football, anxiously waiting to hear if the bucket hats would make an appearance. They did, so must be it gonna be a good season.

Thank God.

What the hell is the matter with this clown?

This was like a list of tweets.

I don't want to pile on, but there is no reason the recaps can't be better than this.

If not, he should just tweet his summarized thoughts and post them on a single syracuse.com page.

Like the other articles, I don't have an issue with this article. I also don't get the frustration with the amount of content. Every media person there has said the same thing. They weren't able to witness anything except warming up and a couple drills. Pretty useless for the media. So the hope for some detailed content isn't going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shafer wore his traditional white visor, navy blue short-sleeved rain slicker, khaki shorts and white shoes.
-------------------------

I'm sorry, but nothing in that sentence says "Hard-nosed." Color me concerned.

this would be great detail if he was introducing a character to the audience in a novel. Unfortunately this is reporting, not writing

What a douche.

Beavis he said douche hehehhehehehehe

Like the other articles, I don't have an issue with this article. I also don't get the frustration with the amount of content. Every media person there has said the same thing. They weren't able to witness anything except warming up and a couple drills. Pretty useless for the media. So the hope for some detailed content isn't going to happen.

Pretty sure this is the same as when Rahme and Weidner were covering practice last year. They were allowed to stay for maybe the first 30 minutes and then shown the door. Don't think they were able to see much until the week at Drum.

Do you think that Cohen is on par with Rahme in terms of Syracuse football coverage?

This was the most shallow practice report I've ever read. How about some substance, Mr. Cohen?

I disagree wholeheartedly. My only concern about the team this year isn't how our inexperienced and unproven wide receivers develop, I want to know what our coaching staff is wearing!

Does this kid want to be a newspaper sports reporter or a novelist? His writing style (at least with this article) is more like a fictional piece than a newspaper piece.

I disagree wholeheartedly. My only concern about the team this year isn't how our inexperienced and unproven wide receivers develop, I want to know what our coaching staff is wearing!

Does this kid want to be a newspaper sports reporter or a novelist? His writing style (at least with this article) is more like a fictional piece than a newspaper piece.

That's about all the media was allowed to view.

I have no critique of the lack of football related analysis, beside the fact that media was only present for 30 minutes it is also the first practice. Next to nothing worthwhile, other than seeing what players are in good shape, can be seen the first practice. My issue is with the detailed descriptions of what various coaches were wearing. Really?! WGAF!

He doesn't need to be a good writer, he needs to be a good reporter.

And a good reporter needs to be a great writer. The key phrase in my post was "trying to be."