PS Day 1 observations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PS Day 1 observations

I take it he took that line out? Because I just read the piece and it's nowhere to be found.

Basically every writer under 30 is trying to be Bill Simmons.

It is in the comments, if you filter it as "oldest first" its the 2nd comment.

It is in the comments, if you filter it as "oldest first" its the 2nd comment.
I think people really appreciated his coming on the board and discussing. Likewise that Nico kid (don't remember his name exactly) from YNN(?). If Cohen made an appearance and wasn't too full of himself, he'd probably be a board favorite in a hearbeat.

I think people really appreciated his coming on the board and discussing. Likewise that Nico kid (don't remember his name exactly) from YNN(?). If Cohen made an appearance and wasn't too full of himself, he'd probably be a board favorite in a hearbeat.

Yeah, but right now it seems that the general consensus on this board is that he (Cohen) would be greeted with tar and feathers. Maybe undeserved; maybe not.

This is interesting b/c Rahme is focused on how big a role Broyld is poised to play. Then Broyld went out and got 43 touches in 13 games. I mean, I loved Rahme and I'm not even saying he was wrong, per se. I also wouldn't argue Cohen's article gave us much of anything to go on, but I hardly see it as some sort of disgrace of journalism compared to Rahme's article, which gave little information and was at least somewhat misleading re: Broyld.

I think at that time that actually was the plan, and then they realized Broyld wasn't ready and decided to play fast.

Reactions: 007
I think at that time that actually was the plan, and then they realized Broyld wasn't ready and decided to play fast.

Yep, I recall in the beginning Broyld was part of the plan to get the football in the hands of better athletes. They were a little hesitant to do that in the first half of the first game of the year, which is understandable because we weren't opening with a bunny. And then after that costly fumble against Minnesota, he was shut down for a little while.

Yep, I recall in the beginning Broyld was part of the plan to get the football in the hands of better athletes. They were a little hesitant to do that in the first half of the first game of the year, which is understandable because we weren't opening with a bunny. And then after that costly fumble against Minnesota, he was shut down for a little while.

I think the original plan was to use Broyld because they didn't think Smith and Gully could give them what they wanted. That was also why I thought Morris and/or Macfarland would both play last year.

I don't think anyone saw what Smith and Gully ended up doing coming. They both really stepped up their games, Hackett/Nassib with the fast break were able to put them in positions to succeed, and it really took off once Pugh came back and they went back to more run/pass balance in the playcalling.

I think the original plan was to use Broyld because they didn't think Smith and Gully could give them what they wanted. That was also why I thought Morris and/or Macfarland would both play last year.

I don't think anyone saw what Smith and Gully ended up doing coming. They both really stepped up their games, Hackett/Nassib with the fast break were able to put them in positions to succeed, and it really took off once Pugh came back and they went back to more run/pass balance in the playcalling.

From the highest source, the plan going in to preseason last year was absolutely to feature Broyld. Not because of what Smith & Gully could or could not do, but because Broyld was "by far the best athlete on the team."

From the highest source, the plan going in to preseason last year was absolutely to feature Broyld. Not because of what Smith & Gully could or could not do, but because Broyld was "by far the best athlete on the team."
So what happened? Broyld never seemed to touch the ball much. Then, the Minnesota fumble sealed his fate.

So what happened? Broyld never seemed to touch the ball much. Then, the Minnesota fumble sealed his fate.

I don't know what "happened." All I know for certain is that the plan going into presason was to feature Broyld. Per reports, the O was changed right before the start of the season. In retrospect, that was a pretty good decision.

? How can you write a first day of practice report and we not find out what MacDonald was wearing? Was he there? Orange? Blue? White? Gray? Shorts or sweats? This is going to kill our ability to keep the best NYS talent at home.:bang:

Cohen is quite the fsionista hmmmmm

:rolling:

Cohen is trying to find the perfect balance between Perez Hilton and Snottlieb.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4