PS: Dino Babers era promises much more 4th-down excitement than Scott Shafer (analysis) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Dino Babers era promises much more 4th-down excitement than Scott Shafer (analysis)

20160819_074355.png
OK. Baseline 6-6 , I mean look at Wake . This is Clawson's third year , he has a nice QB and some other good talent and he is going to be under huge pressure to win , especially against another lower level team like SU that also wants to move up the food chain . How people think that is some gimme is beyond me , they are going to fight their butts off . I guess we will find out , but when fans expectations aren't met , they turn nasty .

OK. Baseline 6-6 , I mean look at Wake . This is Clawson's third year , he has a nice QB and some other good talent and he is going to be under huge pressure to win , especially against another lower level team like SU that also wants to move up the food chain . How people think that is some gimme is beyond me , they are going to fight their butts off . I guess we will find out , but when fans expectations aren't met , they turn nasty .

If Wake beats us this year, it would be disappointing. They have 4 FBS wins in the last 2 years. All 4 by 3 points. 2 against Army.

Their challenges are bigger than ours. Their coach is worse than ours.

IF they do beat us this year, it would be anomaly over trend. One and done.

The problem with predictions right now is that people make them assuming health. We are a couple key injuries from a likely disaster of a season. But again, won't be a trend going forward. Something any first year coach replacing a fired coach would face, even an offensive guru.

If NC State beats us in the Dome, that will be more upsetting to me. We finally started playing well at home last year, disastrous on the road. Keep the home mojo, be more competitive on the road. That would be a nice measure of improvement.

we've beaten Wake like a drum the the last 3 years. it's a gimme

our skill players are way better than theirs.

(syracuse checks all your wake boxes to).

Tbh if I was a coach I would really avoid that Wake Forest job. It's just a tough place to grow from IMO.

we've beaten Wake like a drum the the last 3 years. it's a gimme

our skill players are way better than theirs.

(syracuse checks all your wake boxes to).
Last years game was going to Wake until Dungy made that great impromptu play to Brisly . The year before that was Clawson's first year and the SU D was very dominate . We will see what Vegas makes the spread .

CousCuse said:
Last years game was going to Wake until Dungy made that great impromptu play to Brisly . The year before that was Clawson's first year and the SU D was very dominate . We will see what Vegas makes the spread .

We won 30-17. That play to Estime was in the 3rd. We scored 10 more points.

So yeah, if you remove our big plays for 17 2nd half points - they were right there.

If Wake beats us this year, it would be disappointing. They have 4 FBS wins in the last 2 years. All 4 by 3 points. 2 against Army.

Their challenges are bigger than ours. Their coach is worse than ours.

IF they do beat us this year, it would be anomaly over trend. One and done.

The problem with predictions right now is that people make them assuming health. We are a couple key injuries from a likely disaster of a season. But again, won't be a trend going forward. Something any first year coach replacing a fired coach would face, even an offensive guru.

If NC State beats us in the Dome, that will be more upsetting to me. We finally started playing well at home last year, disastrous on the road. Keep the home mojo, be more competitive on the road. That would be a nice measure of improvement.
I'm not saying Wake will win , I just have a hard time putting into the gimme category . Same with the BC and UCONN games .

CousCuse said:
I'm not saying Wake will win , I just have a hard time putting into the gimme category . Same with the BC and UCONN games .

You forgot Colgate.

Your right . I hate playing the 16th ranked fCS team that made it to the elite 8 last year in the opening game with a totally new coaching staff . Not my idea of a creampuff .
I actually think Colgate is a great opener. Good solid team who we should beat but one that will force us to play hard and provide va decent challenge. This is type of warm up required to prepare for a very talented and well coached Louisville team. Playing a total cream puff followed by the cardinals is a recipe for disaster. I think that the Gate is a perfect opener.

CousCuse said:
Your right . I hate playing the 16th ranked fCS team that made it to the elite 8 last year in the opening game with a totally new coaching staff . Not my idea of a creampuff .

Ha. Look, if you want to keep your undies clean, we can just say that we're more likely to win vs BC, Wake, UCONN, and Colgate rather than say they are auto-wins like another poster mentioned.