PSU fine $30 -$60 million... | Syracusefan.com

PSU fine $30 -$60 million...

will probably be about 36 million (1/3 of AD revenue)

Half their revenue. That's good if it happens. If the other sanctions are harsh enough and the DOE does their job, PedSt could be crippled financially for awhile. Especially with all the civil suits they will be hit with. I'm thinking in total it could approach $1B or more. B10 also claims (Iowa Prez) that they may punish them also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

B10 also claims (Iowa Prez) that they may punish them also.
First time I had heard that. Good. B1G cannot be happy about this whole thing.

Yawn. I suspect their boosters would raise that in 6 months to prove Penn State football is bigger than anything.

I get hating Sandusky and PSU for letting some this happen. I don't get the vile . Sucks we got own by them

every fan of penn st. is sending in their comments to the story,and they are predictable as always

will probably be about 36 million (1/3 of AD revenue)

Not a big enough penalty...their alumni will give that back to them in one season...there better be loss of scholarships as well as like a 5 year bowl ban. Money is NOTHING to these state schools.

They shoud deny ALL state funding towards the school from here on out. Forever. In addition, they should take all big ten revenue away from the school for 10 years...problem is,,, even with all that...they will still get football players and they will learn nothing.

I get hating Sandusky and PSU for letting some this **** happen. I don't get the vile . Sucks we got own by them

What the hell does them beating us in football have to do with child rape?

I really can't get over some of the comments I've read on the Penn State message boards.

I really can't get over some of the comments I've read on the Penn State message boards.

Not all alumni post on boards and comment on articles but it is real hard not to think 95% of PedSt alumni don't get it and are sick people.

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. Its like they have no idea what this is really about

Thanks, retro. Seems as if the B1G feels the NCAA came down on them too lightly, they are ready to pile on. We'll see if they actually have the balls to do it, as no matter what they do, it will have some adverse effects on all conference members.

I get hating Sandusky and PSU for letting some this **** happen. I don't get the vile . Sucks we got own by them

Really? The worst thing about this is that we've lost more games to Penn State than we've won? If this had anything to do with football success, I'd still rather have Greg Robinson coach Syracuse forever than have had that POS associated with Syracuse.

I think it could easily be argued that a large segment of the taxpayers within Pennsylvania are part of the problem.

A bit of a stretch I know.

Cat
a fine only penalizes the state taxpayers. if they do something they need to take away the football.

catch-22.

Completely suspending football will still cost the local economy millions of dollars in both direct and indirect costs.

registering on a Syracuse board to defend Ped St? Good work, good effort.

registering on a Syracuse board to defend Ped St? Good work, good effort.

I have been a Cus fan for a very long time. I get there needs to be something done.

Part of me wants them all to get whats coming to the wrong doers ,i just have a problem with the other jobs that come(goes) along with it.

What i do see i alot of posters here waiting for the down fall , just for some slim hope of grabbing up a few players.

a fine only penalizes the state taxpayers. if they do something they need to take away the football.

the school has already said they "WILL NOT USE"endowment cash to pay for this case

I think it could easily be argued that a large segment of the taxpayers within Pennsylvania are part of the problem.

A bit of a stretch I know.

not at all jake... the NCAA is sending out a message to all other programs,report or get hammered.These penalties are everybit as much about the future as in the past.

I just hope they are not easy on them

I'd say there's no real use in speculating, since we'll find out in just 3 hours, but I'm sure that won't stop anyone (myself included) from furthering the discussion.

At the end of the day, we'll probably see a multi-year bowl ban, a decent amount of scholarships taken away for a few years, some money paid to charities, and NCAA oversight. It'll be disappointing to many. Penn Staters will take the relatively small lump, and I have no doubt will continue supporting the university with as much vigor as ever.