PSU game right around the corner! Need feedback | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PSU game right around the corner! Need feedback

Thank you. A very well written response. I live in York, PA. The PSU fans here have not lost their zeal for football. If anything, they are more ardent than ever. I love loyal fans, but I'm nauseated that they are still making excuses for the crap that took place on their campus.

You're not far from me. I work in Reading and am from the land of Perry Patterson. I have family out in York as well.

Another thing to bring to the table re: penn state fans. They think 6'3 210 lb Allen Robinson is a matchup nightmare but 6'1 200 lb Keon Lyn won't be dwarfed by him. Ask who in their secondary will be responsible for 6'4 230 lb Ashton Broyld and see which 5'10 190lb db they think is up for the task. They won't be able to have 3 lb's on the field much of the time.

I graduated from CBA in 1976 @ then went to RIT. Trust me, about 90% of what I wear is orange! I grew up in a huge Italian family on the northside & my entire family is still in Syracuse. I'm legit in asking for feedback.

Ummm...I wasn't serious. But now that I know your background, I am pretty sure that you owe me money.

I graduated from CBA in 1976 @ then went to RIT. Trust me, about 90% of what I wear is orange! I grew up in a huge Italian family on the northside & my entire family is still in Syracuse. I'm legit in asking for feedback.

I live in York, PA, about 30 minutes south of Harrisburg. I left Syracuse in 1982, just after graduating from RIT. I also spent 12 years in College Park, MD before my job brought me to York. It's actually a great place to raise a family! Too many PSU & Steeler fans though.

You graduated high school in 1976 and college in 1982. Should we call you doctor?

Even I made it through college in 5 years. +/- 1.

I forgot what my point was. But I know we'll be much better than 2008 and Penn State will be much worse.

The only d tackle that is exceptional is Jarron Jones whom we recruited hard.

Who is Jarron Jones?
in which they've never seen speed like the SU defense possesses.
:rolling: You were 46th/47th in scoring and total defense last year. Baffling.

None were even as productive as Beckett Wales last year.
Im going to post the statlines of 4 TE's you tell me which ONE is yours.

TE1 - 36rec / 453 yds / 2tds
TE2 - 35rec / 389 yds / 2 tds
TE3 - 24 rec / 296 yds / 3 tds
TE4 - 15rec / 276 yds / 5 tds

And who is Dyshawn Davis?

There are only 2 kinds of people with the name Frankie... I dont know anyone that likes either of those kinds of people.

Who is Jarron Jones?

:rolling: You were 46th/47th in scoring and total defense last year. Baffling.

Im going to post the statlines of 4 TE's you tell me which ONE is yours.

TE1 - 36rec / 453 yds / 2tds
TE2 - 35rec / 389 yds / 2 tds
TE3 - 24 rec / 296 yds / 3 tds
TE4 - 15rec / 276 yds / 5 tds

And who is Dyshawn Davis?

Daquan Jones, apologies. He's PSU's only DT that would crack the SU 5 man rotation.

Didn't realize Carter was a TE, so you really don't have a 2nd WR at all.

Dyshawn Davis, productivity wise, is a lot like Jordan Hill if Jordan Hill were to have doubled his amount of tackles for a loss last season. He's essentially what you hope Mike Hull will become.

Daquan Jones, apologies. He's PSU's only DT that would crack the SU 5 man rotation.
:rolling:

Didn't realize Carter was a TE, so you really don't have a 2nd WR at all.
Last time I checked we had more than 2 receivers on the roster. BMF actually has pretty similar stats to your best returning WR. Not sure you have a WR or any skill player that would start for us.
Dyshawn Davis, productivity wise, is a lot like Jordan Hill if Jordan Hill were to have doubled his amount of tackles for a loss last season. He's essentially what you hope Mike Hull will become.

So let me get this straight. You compare your best LB to a DT? and think that is an apt comparison? holy smokes lol. He stands no chance against ZZ though, he will probably end up leaving the game early because he isn't tough enough to play B16 football.

You guys are so delusional lol.

I live in York, PA, about 30 minutes south of Harrisburg. I left Syracuse in 1982, just after graduating from RIT. I also spent 12 years in College Park, MD before my job brought me to York. It's actually a great place to raise a family! Too many PSU & Steeler fans though.

Aw, too bad! I was going to send you a link to the Hayna Family song but you wouldn't appreciate it unless you lived in one of the NE PA coal regions.

Last time I checked we had more than 2 receivers on the roster. BMF actually has pretty similar stats to your best returning WR. Not sure you have a WR or any skill player that would start for us.

So let me get this straight. You compare your best LB to a DT? and think that is an apt comparison? holy smokes lol. He stands no chance against ZZ though, he will probably end up leaving the game early because he isn't tough enough to play B16 football.

So you're here to flame? Go away.

Just using a comperable player production wise. If you want an apples to apples comparo at OLB, Penn State doesn't have one. Hull was the closest and fell short.

You're #2 WR caught 12 less passes for 150 less yards than our #3 WR last year. Explain how that's similar especially since BMF didn't have 2 future NFLer's on the depth chart ahead of him.

Now tell me about how ZZ, who took 30 more carries to gain 200 less yards, would start ahead of Jerome Smith? Then name me the PSU RB that spelled ZZ and ran for an additional 800 yards. Don't have one? Oh that's right he's playing for USC now.

Keep going though, you're doing well to cement the view point I've already given of Penn State fans. You think your players are better than what they are, know nothing about your opponents (aside from OSU and UM), and therefore think you'll be able to just show up and win. It's not 1994 anymore Frankie.

not flaming, looking to correct some of the misconceptions that are out there.

By calling people delusional. You said you don't think we have a skill player that would start for you. Well we have a 1000+ yard RB and a 800+ yard RB returning... So I think those guys would. But just clearing up some misconceptions.

Just using a comperable player production wise. If you want an apples to apples comparo at OLB, Penn State doesn't have one. Hull was the closest and fell short.
Hull didn't even start for us last year, that is apples to apples? lol

You're #2 WR caught 12 less passes for 150 less yards than our #3 WR last year. Explain how that's similar especially since BMF didn't have 2 future NFLer's on the depth chart ahead of him.
Both of your receivers, went undrafted, and will probably get cut by the end of the month. Future NFL'ers? lol

Now tell me about how ZZ, who took 30 more carries to gain 200 less yards, would start ahead of Jerome Smith? Then name me the PSU RB that spelled ZZ and ran for an additional 800 yards. Don't have one? Oh that's right he's playing for USC now.
We will see, but your quality of competition was no where near ours. You didn't play any really good defenses.

Keep going though, you're doing well to cement the view point I've already given of Penn State fans. You think your players are better than what they are, know nothing about your opponents (aside from OSU and UM), and therefore think you'll be able to just show up and win. It's not 1994 anymore Frankie.
Bold statement for a couple of reasons
  • Recruiting - We recruit much higher caliber players than you, regardless of which service you consult
  • Know nothing about opponents? Your entire diatribe was riddled with factual, and if I may so, laughable, errors. it's clear you don't understand much outside of your realm.
  • We think our players are better than they are? The irony here is so thick, I debated even pointing it out its so obvious. Syracuse has beaten us exactly 3 times since 1967. We schedule Syracuse as a game to pad our schedule, why should we not be exceedingly confident that our superiorly talented players should take care of business?

By calling people delusional. You said you don't think we have a skill player that would start for you. Well we have a 1000+ yard RB and a 800+ yard RB returning... So I think those guys would. But just clearing up some misconceptions.

I dont think so. Like i said, I think ZZ would still start. They might play before Belton, but his stats are skewed since he missed a bunch of time with a high ankle sprain suffered in the first game.

Both of your receivers, went undrafted, and will probably get cut by the end of the month. Future NFL'ers? lol

We will see, but your quality of competition was no where near ours. You didn't play any really good defenses.

• Recruiting - We recruit much higher caliber players than you, regardless of which service you consult
  • Know nothing about opponents? Your entire diatribe was riddled with factual, and if I may so, laughable, errors. it's clear you don't understand much outside of your realm.
  • We think our players are better than they are? The irony here is so thick, I debated even pointing it out its so obvious. Syracuse has beaten us exactly 3 times since 1967. We schedule Syracuse as a game to pad our schedule, why should we not be exceedingly confident that our superiorly talented players should take care of business?

We are... PED STATE! Enough said. Your entire program is riddled with laughable errors. It is abundantly clear that you don't understand ANYTHING outside of your realm.

We are... PED STATE! Enough said. Your entire program is riddles with laughable errors. It is abundantly clear that you don't understand ANYTHING outside of your realm.

Are you making child rape jokes? That is pretty disgusting.

Soooo...

To recap...

1. Do you know about X, Y & Z PSU players?? They are better than any of your players...

2. BTW, who are SU players??? . Nevermind, see point 1...

Soooo...

To recap...

1. Do you know about X, Y & Z PSU players?? They are better than any of your players...

2. BTW, who are SU players??? . Nevermind, see point 1...

Clearly I'm no expert on Syracuse's 85 man roster, but I have seen enough games here and there to form a high level opinion.

Clearly I'm no expert on Syracuse's 85 man roster, but I have seen enough games here and there to form a high level opinion.

I would say your full of Sheetz... :p

I would say your full of Sheetz... :p

I watch what I can. Like I said, I don't see everyone of Syracuse's games, but I have caught bits and pieces of a bunch (and the entire NW game last year).

Why don't you start by telling me about the 2013 Penn State team and what you know about the 2013 Syracuse squad and we'll go from there.

Recruiting services are great in this line of arguement but not worth much else. We can start with 2 star NR Justin Pugh that got drafted in the first round last year vs your 4 star #9 nationally ranked MLB Michael Mauti that got picked in the 7th round last year and go from there. You know better from your own team watching McGloin vs "Big time" Rob Bolden the other year.

You schedule Eastern Michigan and Kent State to pad your schedule. This year you took a risk to leave Happy Valley for a pay check and exposure in Metlife and will find a better team then you thought you were getting when the contract was signed a couple years ago. In the meantime, your talent level has dropped a level due to non football related issues.

I grew up watching Penn State football and don't have any malice towards them anytime aside from when they are on the schedule. Simply put, the 2013 version of Penn State isn't as good as most of the PSU teams that I've watched for the past 20+ years.

Why don't you start by telling me about the 2013 Penn State team and what you know about the 2013 Syracuse squad and we'll go from there.

It's hard to quantify what to expect from your team, given you have a new coach. I'm not sure what kind of systems he will/will not implement. That being said you lose your star QB, and a lot of your top receiving talent. I'm sure your run game will be fine, depending how much leverage you can gain with your QB situation, which does not seem promising. On defense you should be decent again, only losing a small handful of people.

Recruiting services are great in this line of arguement but not worth much else. We can start with 2 star NR Justin Pugh that got drafted in the first round last year vs your 4 star #9 nationally ranked MLB Michael Mauti that got picked in the 7th round last year and go from there. You know better from your own team watching McGloin vs "Big time" Rob Bolden the other year.

A couple of things, using the NFL draft as a bell weather for comparing dissimilar positions is a laughable argument. OT's are heavily overvalued in the NFL. Was Pugh good? i'm sure. LB's are not overvalued in the NFL, and it takes a lot more to get LB's drafted that high (similar to RB's now). Also Mauti tore his ACL in november, that he got drafted at all, is amazing. Rob Bolden never played a game under Coach Bill O'Brien (COB henceforth), and was coached by Jay Paterno. Don't need to say more on that.

You schedule Eastern Michigan and Kent State to pad your schedule. This year you took a risk to leave Happy Valley for a pay check and exposure in Metlife and will find a better team then you thought you were getting when the contract was signed a couple years ago. In the meantime, your talent level has dropped a level due to non football related issues.
ok. I'm not sure how to explain this to you. We aren't getting paid for this game, you realize that right? You realize that it was your teams idea to do this to get exposure in NYC right?

We look forward to continuing our long term series with Penn State,” Gross said. “Playing a neutral site game in the New Meadowlands Stadium versus Penn State was the impetus for a longer series. Had this opportunity not been available it would have been years before we were able to resume the series. We want to thank the New Meadowlands Stadium for presenting this opportunity to both universities. The opportunity allows Syracuse football to continue to play in its largest alumni area and carry the banner of New York's college team. We look forward to head coach Doug Marrone leading our team in our home away from home.”
You also realize that our talent level hasnt dropped on our 1's, and most of the 2's right? We are still recruiting at a fairly high level. Depth has dropped, not talent though. You can play the injury card, but since it's the first game you won't have much time to get major injuries beforehand.

I grew up watching Penn State football and don't have any malice towards them anytime aside from when they are on the schedule. Simply put, the 2013 version of Penn State isn't as good as most of the PSU teams that I've watched for the past 20+ years.

[/QUOTE]
How can you say that without seeing them take one snap? To take a play from your playbook you don't really know anything about them and haven't seen them play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom