Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

What a win, should and could have been way more lopsided, I posted a few times this week that I was most worried about our O-line, and I was wrong, I would say they played a solid B+ game. Wr’s need some improvement but come on, dominate road win on National Tv…. Just awesome. Need to put army away early next week and be healthy as possible against Clemson!

Saying our WRs struggled is being negative? No it’s being realistic. They struggled to separate and catch consistently against a weak secondary. I don’t watch these games with orange colored glasses, I watch it with a realistic mindset. If you don’t like that put me on ignore.
Relax, people are drunk and emotional. I am. Let it go. Enjoy the win.

Why would I back pedal? It’s pretty unanimous through the board the WRs struggled. Lol.
I'm with you. I don't know why we aren't allowed to look at the warts while simultaneously enjoying the win. Shrader is a superhero. Allen ran tougher than I expected. I hope we can give him a bit more room to take some of the load off Shrader. The oline was solid. The defense was really good. I'm concerned about WR, and now the kicking game also has me nervous.

Yuuuuuge win. Purdue isn’t that good, but it’s tough to win on the road and we were clearly the better team.

Shrader is the offense. He’s everything.

D played great. This ain’t the 80s, teams are gonna get passing yards. But we played really well.

Refs should be fired into the Sun. College football refs are terrible as a baseline, yet this crew was uniquely atrocious. I’m surprised they didn’t enter the field with all 9 piling out of a tiny car.
The missed pi that led to missed fg was brutal. It was most obvious missed call of the game.

Garrett was awesome tonight. We don’t win without him. He’s a Syracuse legend in my book - tough as nails and a great leader. I am very concerned about some of the hits that he took. We are no where near the same team without him. Dino and Beck better have a solid Plan B because if Garrett makes it through the season it will be a miracle and we will probably win 8 or 9 games.
He’s earned his spot in the room with McPherson, Graves, McNabb, and Dungey.

Great football player

The two best bootleg fakes I have ever seen.

That fumble call—that’s a rule change that needs to come quickly. I kinda think a player shouldn’t be able to recover the ball while out of bounds or without re-establishing themselves back in bounds, but should not be able to ‘cancel’ a recovery by another player. If you’re smart and want to retain possession for your team, you can just touch the ball even without having any potential for recovering it. Unfair advantage to the team that put the ball on the ground.

We need some receivers to make ‘plus’ catches.

We need to rely less on our QB putting his health on the line on half the plays. Doesn’t seem sustainable.

I'm with you. I don't know why we aren't allowed to look at the warts while simultaneously enjoying the win. Shrader is a superhero. Allen ran tougher than I expected. I hope we can give him a bit more room to take some of the load off Shrader. The oline was solid. The defense was really good. I'm concerned about WR, and now the kicking game also has me nervous.
Exactly. I was screaming and shouting all night, jumped up on the 4th down stop to secure the win, high fives all around in my house, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to ignore the areas we struggled in. I like to look at the positives and the negatives.

Stop what? Being concerned that GS won’t run for 4 TDs every week and win us games. Maybe if we ignore the problem it’ll go away.
He did that because they were playing so much man, there were huge tracks of land because the wrs were running the secondary off.

Teams play zone the receivers will be fine

You’re not wrong. Still we played a B- game on the road at night against a Big 10 team and won by 15 points.
I mean they could end up going .500 but nothing I saw from Purdue (other than Card who threw better than I expected) made me believe they will make noise in the B1G this season.

The rest of the B1G other than Mich and OSU is suspect although I hate to admit PSU looks darn good too.

He’s earned his spot in the room with McPherson, Graves, McNabb, and Dungey.

Great football player
Largely agree as far as what he means to his team and how he carries the offense and does it with his arm and legs.

But man, it would be nice for his team to win 9 or more games like those guys teams did.

Hopefully things go right for us and we get it done. It seems like it’s possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom